The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

Just now, Snowys Backside said:

We have one in Ava, but don't want to play him !!  He's been a waste of money.

He seemed to have the odd good game, but never really got his fitness up to scratch. Wouldn't surprise me if the club (Chester / Beaumont) were hoping he'd find a club to move to this season, rather than wait till the winter, and free up a quota spot.

He really ought to be playing on Sunday though, unless he does get a move.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

As a Leeds fan, good riddance, gobbing off in public and having a pop at your employees is poor form.

That's fair enough. Would assume they will be trying to get a replacement in today or tomorrow, will be interesting to see who that is, and whether that sparks a move by the club Leeds bring somebody in from and so on...

6 minutes ago, phiggins said:

That's fair enough. Would assume they will be trying to get a replacement in today or tomorrow, will be interesting to see who that is, and whether that sparks a move by the club Leeds bring somebody in from and so on...

Think we’ll give Sinfield a chance for the rest of the season

4 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Doro released by Blue Sox.

Was impressed by him last year at Widnes. Things just not worked out or has he been injured? 

I'd have him back at Widnes for sure - got penalised a bit too much, but his energy was great

57 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Think we’ll give Sinfield a chance for the rest of the season

Hopefully. Think we'll struggle to make play-offs now as Myler looks gone for the season too so really stretched in the pivots.

Newman is back in training though and should return in next 3 weeks

I'm more concerned about next season as we'll need 2 new halves and noone is signed up yet...........there really isn't any succession planning for the spine of the team which is key to determining success

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Hopefully. Think we'll struggle to make play-offs now as Myler looks gone for the season too so really stretched in the pivots.

Newman is back in training though and should return in next 3 weeks

I'm more concerned about next season as we'll need 2 new halves and noone is signed up yet...........there really isn't any succession planning for the spine of the team which is key to determining success

Yeah I think in combination with Myler being out this season is likely done.

It is poor that we're going into next season not knowing half or more of our 1st choice spine. For any club that is worrying frankly, but especially with Leeds having aspirations, indeed expectations, of silverware.

I've seen lots of reports of us being interested in various NRL halves for example, but none of these seem to be coming to fruition at all. At this rate we'll be scraping around with the promoted club in a "who is left" musical chairs scenario.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

Doro released by Blue Sox.

Was impressed by him last year at Widnes. Things just not worked out or has he been injured? 

Off field disciplinary issue. With the culture change that has happened at the Bulls I think those two could be a good fit. 😉

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I think in combination with Myler being out this season is likely done.

It is poor that we're going into next season not knowing half or more of our 1st choice spine. For any club that is worrying frankly, but especially with Leeds having aspirations, indeed expectations, of silverware.

I've seen lots of reports of us being interested in various NRL halves for example, but none of these seem to be coming to fruition at all. At this rate we'll be scraping around with the promoted club in a "who is left" musical chairs scenario.

It's August, what do you mean going into the new season not knowing?

The August 4th deadline isn't for signing players for next season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Off field disciplinary issue. With the culture change that has happened at the Bulls I think those two could be a good fit. 😉

there was word that he was released from wire, cos he was positive with covid, and was spotted out on the pop over xmas, that would be xmas 21 i guess, powell was far from pleased with him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It's August, what do you mean going into the new season not knowing?

The August 4th deadline isn't for signing players for next season.

Wigan and St Helens can say who their spine is, and have signed players to account for it changing. We seem to be just losing players not adding them.

With any club you want to get your transfer business done early, especially if the current season has fallen below expectations. If nothing else it settles the fanbase that there is a plan in place and helps sign other quality players for the same reason.

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Wigan and St Helens can say who their spine is, and have signed players to account for it changing. We seem to be just losing players not adding them.

With any club you want to get your transfer business done early, especially if the current season has fallen below expectations. If nothing else it settles the fanbase that there is a plan in place and helps sign other quality players for the same reason.

Unfortunately the positions we need are in short supply.

Edited by Chrispmartha

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Nah Mylers not done, his actors licence just means he's out on strike in sympathy with the screen writers 😁

• Haha 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions