The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's what Kevin Sinfield said a few years ago.

I don't know why you obsessively comment on Leeds because the more you say the more ignorant you reveal yourself to be.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Heard yesterday he was coming home!

As good as GOB has been, I think this would be be a very good signing. Would bring extra pace and a goal kicking option that allows Lam a bit more flexibility when picking half backs.

32 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Lam sees Macnamara as the interchange hooker next year so he'll likely be occupying one of the bench spots. Baxter, Brogan and Darbyshire will likely be more medium term signings for depth/reserves although there seems to be quite a bit of optimism about Brogan's potential in a full time environment. Trout and Norman are the key signings for our strength in depth for me and will actually give us solid interchange options for Mulhern and Amone along with Nakubuwai who looks like might be staying unless we can find a suitable non-quote replacement. I'm hoping we'll see a bit more of Hanley and Gannon next year

Can't make my mind up about Nakubuwei. His stats in the game at Saints were pretty good, in a game where Amone was targeted, but then his stats against Wigan were horrible. Think he's too immobile to be consistent (fact Beaumont outpaced him in the Wembley celebrations isn't a great look!) and the fact he's still not sorted with a deal speaks volumes. Think I'd rather see if there's anyone available from Wigan's plethora of forwards that can be brought in to replace him, and use the overseas spot on a winger or centre.

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Jack Darbyshire has also been mentioned by Matt Shaw as coming in, who is a young outside back from Warrington and their academy player of the year in 2022. There is an NRL half coming to replace Reynolds although i didn't have a name confirmed so could be Milford or someone else.

I don't know Jack Darbyshire, but if he was as you say Wire Academy player of the year in 2022 why has he not been trusted this year and given a go, it is not as though Wire have continually played two centres in Matau'tia and Ratchford that has set SL on fire, hmmph!

3 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Can't make my mind up about Nakubuwei. His stats in the game at Saints were pretty good, in a game where Amone was targeted, but then his stats against Wigan were horrible. Think he's too immobile to be consistent (fact Beaumont outpaced him in the Wembley celebrations isn't a great look!) and the fact he's still not sorted with a deal speaks volumes. Think I'd rather see if there's anyone available from Wigan's plethora of forwards that can be brought in to replace him, and use the overseas spot on a winger or centre.

If he wasn't quota I'd be more inclined to keep him, I'd prefer our quotas to offer more and be starting 13 quality players. Depends if a replacement can be found though as non quota props aren't freely available currently. I can't see Nakubuwai getting a great deal of game time unless it's injury rotation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't know Jack Darbyshire, but if he was as you say Wire Academy player of the year in 2022 why has he not been trusted this year and given a go, it is not as though Wire have continually played two centres in Matau'tia and Ratchford that has set SL on fire, hmmph!

He's only 18 I think so probably not ready physically for SL yet, will have to see how he gets on in the reserves next year.

13 minutes ago, M j M said:

I don't know why you obsessively comment on Leeds because the more you say the more ignorant you reveal yourself to be.

From the Gaurdian 23 Jan 2010 — As Kevin Sinfield said after the Grand Final "all our players could earn more money elsewhere"

Now tell me again I am wrong. Seems I know more about your club than you do.

You are very typical of some of the know-alls I employed in Leeds.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, phiggins said:

As good as GOB has been, I think this would be be a very good signing. Would bring extra pace and a goal kicking option that allows Lam a bit more flexibility when picking half backs.

GOB as done OK,but as I said to you a few weeks ago we need a FB a level or two that Gaz is, Ryan could fill that, chiming into the line and playing of Lam, Asiata and Milford if he comes could be a big plus factor for us, plus his defence we would have has 4 more points on the table if he doesn't play in the two games at the LSV.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

From the Gaurdian 23 Jan 2010 — As Kevin Sinfield said after the Grand Final "all our players could earn more money elsewhere"

13 years ago Harry

And that statement doesn’t mean they were badly paid either

12 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

He's only 18 I think so probably not ready physically for SL yet, will have to see how he gets on in the reserves next year.

Son of the late Paul Darbyshire, one of a group of backs with Thewlis s younger brother. So probably not room with both Thewlis brothers and Connor Wrench plus king back and two overseas centres.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It was quite obvious he was talking about keeping the nucleus of the squad and many homegrown players within the constraints of the salary cap.

That doesn't mean Leeds don't/didn't spend big money or spend up to the cap.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Damien said:

It was quite obvious he was talking about keeping the nucleus of the squad and many homegrown players within the constraints of the salary cap.

That doesn't mean Leeds don't/didn't spend big money or spend up to the cap.

I am 100% certain Leeds pay up to the cap level just like Wigan, Saints etc do so, considering the number of high profile player's employed by these clubs a lot must be accepting under their "open market value"🤔

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I am 100% certain Leeds pay up to the cap level just like Wigan, Saints etc do so, considering the number of high profile player's employed by these clubs a lot must be accepting under their "open market value"🤔

That's what players do in all sports do as they want to win things and want to play for a big club. They also want to train and play in quality environments and in some cases want to play for their hometown club. None of that should be a shock or be controversial. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

GOB as done OK,but as I said to you a few weeks ago we need a FB a level or two that Gaz is, Ryan could fill that, chiming into the line and playing of Lam, Asiata and Milford if he comes could be a big plus factor for us, plus his defence we would have has 4 more points on the table if he doesn't play in the two games at the LSV.

Vaguely remember that conversation, around the time of the transfer deadline. To be honest, at that time, the priority would've been to bring in a new prop or two. Which seems to have been addressed with Trout and Norman. Even now, if you offered me a choice between replacing GOB or Briscoe, I'd still choose the latter. But in isolation, Brierley would be a very good signing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not like Gary to pay big wages.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

5 hours ago, Damien said:

That's what players do in all sports do as they want to win things and want to play for a big club. They also want to train and play in quality environments and in some cases want to play for their hometown club. None of that should be a shock or be controversial. 

Why come to Leeds then 😂😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phiggins said:

Vaguely remember that conversation, around the time of the transfer deadline. To be honest, at that time, the priority would've been to bring in a new prop or two. Which seems to have been addressed with Trout and Norman. Even now, if you offered me a choice between replacing GOB or Briscoe, I'd still choose the latter. But in isolation, Brierley would be a very good signing.

now, if you offered me a choice between replacing GOB or Briscoe, I'd still choose the latter. 

GOB is , Hull KR proved that last game, (I know about the MPG drop goal) 

Briscoe is a class act and doesn't get the plaudits Charnley does, GOB is a windy player who has zero go forward from the back. 

If you sign Brierley than you are on to a winner there.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stainesrover said:

now, if you offered me a choice between replacing GOB or Briscoe, I'd still choose the latter. 

Briscoe is a class act and doesn't get the plaudits Charnley does, GOB is a windy player who has zero go forward from the back. 

Gaz oBrien has been exceptional all year, albeit his worst game was against Hull KR, he is everything good about out attack this year.

Oliver Partington seen at the LSV today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, binosh said:

Gaz oBrien has been exceptional all year, albeit his worst game was against Hull KR, he is everything good about out attack this year.

Oliver Partington seen at the LSV today.

I'd be very happy with that one, would also mean we could let Nakubuwai go and open up another quota spot for an outside back

Catalans are having plenty of fun with their announcements this season.

I hope this was cleared with Fox's copyright department, though.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Stainesrover said:

I rate all three of GOB, Brierley and Briscoe. I only say what I say on Briscoe based on what I've seen this season. Opposing teams will complete their sets, kick and when we're relying on our backs to do some of the work for the forwards in the first few tackles, he tends to get dominated in the tackle and pushed back. He also turns 34 next year. So if there was anyone in our backline that would be replaced, I'd pick him. But, like the rest of them, he's been very good. But it's rare you keep the same 13 season after season.

O'Brien has probably had two poor games all season. Wigan away, and then the play off game. But he's generally been good under a high ball and has got a good number of assists. He also seems to have a better kicking game than either of our half backs. That said, I think Brierley is better, so I wouldn't be disappointed if we tried to sign him. I just think the two areas that clearly needed to improve this season was the strength of the bench, and our right hand side.