Way too early but assuming Leigh go up I have it as:

Toulouse Fev 

Fax,Widnes

Barrow York

Keighley, Batley

Sheffield London 

Bradford, Whitehaven

Newcastle, Team that comes up

As a Bulls fan I look at the league and think who can we realistically beat next year. Split with Team that comes up, a part time Newcastle, split with Haven. Then maybe pinch a game of London and Eagles. 

We aren’t beating Toulouse or Fev and in normal games we aren’t getting nothing off Fax Widnes Barrow either.  I dont see more than 16 points.

I think Keighley could be above York and do a Barrow mind.

Plus thinking about it if Doncaster come up they already get 1000 so you can add a couple of hundred to that plus a South Yorkshire derby to promote. Dont see anyone bar Newcastle getting cut adrift.

London over rated here,   I would have something like

Toulouse Fev Fax

Widnes Barrow Batley York

Keighley, Sheffield, Bradford

London 

Whitehaven, Team that comes up

Newcastle

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Way too early but assuming Leigh go up I have it as:

Toulouse Fev 

Fax,Widnes

Barrow York

Keighley, Batley

Sheffield London 

Bradford, Whitehaven

Newcastle, Team that comes up

As a Bulls fan I look at the league and think who can we realistically beat next year. Split with Team that comes up, a part time Newcastle, split with Haven. Then maybe pinch a game of London and Eagles. 

We aren’t beating Toulouse or Fev and in normal games we aren’t getting nothing off Fax Widnes Barrow either.  I dont see more than 16 points.

I think Keighley could be above York and do a Barrow mind.

Plus thinking about it if Doncaster come up they already get 1000 so you can add a couple of hundred to that plus a South Yorkshire derby to promote. Dont see anyone bar Newcastle getting cut adrift.

Interesting you are so high on Widnes again and if my memory serves me right you were thinking the same last season. They would have to make a huge jump to leapfrog Batley, Barrow, and even York in my opinion never mind jumping in to a second group. Most of the rest I agree with although Keighley could be next years Barrow, I don't see them been alongside Batley but more in the Sheffield/London group. I can see Bradford in that group as well and Haven which in my eyes would leave a very clear bottom 2. Specualtion though until we hit next season.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2022 at 20:06, The Blues Ox said:

Just a thought with the Queens funeral next Monday this will throw a spanner in the works of Premier showing a playoff game on that Monday as I can't imagine any games will be played.

Both on sunday B Barrow 3pm Fax 5.30 pm

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JonM said:

I thought it had hit the post and not gone through, but, this being Odsal, I'm sure the referee had a better view.

It definitely went through Jon

Was the programme a hard copy thing or an online ecition Jon?

27 minutes ago, RS said:

It definitely went through Jon

Was the programme a hard copy thing or an online ecition Jon?

Online, here: https://indd.adobe.com/view/2848a2ca-05d3-44fb-94a6-bbee1d6a53ab

It doesn't seem quite so bad on a re-read, but still, I'm not sure that slagging off your ex coach and the current playing squad is what I would expect a CEO to do in the match programme.

Halifax v York is the tv game.

Disappointed as a Batley fan, but both matches deserved to be televised so someone was going to be disappointed.

I think the Batley game may be a closer match, as Halifax look very good at the moment. But York can play well too.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Niels said:

Disappointed as a Batley fan, but both matches deserved to be televised so someone was going to be disappointed.

I think the Batley game may be a closer match, as Halifax look very good at the moment. But York can play well too.

Yeah I don't want to jinx it but I don't see the reason of picking the Fax game over the Barrow game. The only bonus is with it been on Sunday so we get a days more rest than we would have if they played it on the Monday like originally planned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Niels said:

Yep seems madness to pick the Blue Sox game.  

As a neutral im really dissapointed with that decision.

Anyone know whats happened to our league coverage or the sports man.   Absolutely rediculous only one play of game being covered.  I was surprised none of the league 1 games this weekend were covered either.    

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, binosh said:

Just watched the highlights of Fax V Fev and the tries looked OK to me, only dubious one was Leilua which would probably be ruled out for obstruction by Hardcastle if it was a televised game.

I'm biased but for me Hardcastle is running straight through the gap as a dummy runner between Keyes and Worthington but Worthington who initially thinks the play is going outside to Joey suddenly thinks it's going to Hardcastle and jams in to tackle him and knocks him to the floor, for me Worthington has made the wrong read and got too far upfield.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, binosh said:

Just watched the highlights of Fax V Fev and the tries looked OK to me, only dubious one was Leilua which would probably be ruled out for obstruction by Hardcastle if it was a televised game.

Equally, you could argue that one of the dummy runners in the build up to 'fax's first try takes JSL out.

On 12/09/2022 at 15:03, binosh said:

Linehan try had a forward pass in the buildup, Leilua was 50:50 I thought. For Halifax's last try, Hall didn't look interested in tackling at all and some team mates weren't impressed.

Don't think Leigh will be too worried by either team.

• Like 1