How are RLWC ticket sales going?

IM2

Been a lot of positive comments last few weeks. I think a big crowd at St James and an England result will have a big affect on attendances after that. 

Id heard St James, emirates and final are selling well. anyone got any more intel?

45 minutes ago, IM2 said:

Been a lot of positive comments last few weeks. I think a big crowd at St James and an England result will have a big affect on attendances after that. 

Id heard St James, emirates and final are selling well. anyone got any more intel?

Start here and work backwards, you lazy so and so.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, Pie tries said:

It’s going to be utterly brilliant- plus we get to see the most rarest of things - Kangarooooos !!

Hang on, there's still time for them to decide it wouldn't be appropriate/safe to travel in the wake of the Queen's death or something.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Hang on, there's still time for them to decide it wouldn't be appropriate/safe to travel in the wake of the Queen's death or something.

Yes agree. Not certain until the whistle goes. Our biggest biggest draw as a sport yet they never seen over here anymore - such an utter waste…

27 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Hopefully they can break the 500,000 barrier by the end of the tournament. A big push over the next couple of weeks and ticket sales during the tournament, especially the QFs, SFs and Final

What actual evidence do we have that 356,000 tickets have been sold??? Cheers 

Category E at Bolton is sold out apparently 

Bad news when you can't sell out a smallish stadium near the heartlands for the national team. 

The only advertising I have seen is in league circles, no link up with community clubs, no ticket deals to try to sell through community clubs, no advertising, no presence in host towns or city's. 

Doesn't help that England don't play any games, if they played regularly they would build up a fan base, as it is the RFL are hoping that fans of clubs transfer support to a wigan orientated national side.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Where did you search?  There is plenty of RLWC news. 

in the search results i get the latest one is august 23rd.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

31 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Category E at Bolton is sold out apparently 

Bad news when you can't sell out a smallish stadium near the heartlands for the national team. 

The only advertising I have seen is in league circles, no link up with community clubs, no ticket deals to try to sell through community clubs, no advertising, no presence in host towns or city's. 

Doesn't help that England don't play any games, if they played regularly they would build up a fan base, as it is the RFL are hoping that fans of clubs transfer support to a wigan orientated national side.

It’s been advertised fairly well through the Bolton Wanderers channels and the RLWC banners are around the stadium. Unfortunately Bolton are playing Accrington away at the same time so the kick off means it’s a case of choosing one or the other to a certain extent. 

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s been advertised fairly well through the Bolton Wanderers channels and the RLWC banners are around the stadium. Unfortunately Bolton are playing Accrington away at the same time so the kick off means it’s a case of choosing one or the other to a certain extent. 

That's a fixture that attracted 4,500 fans last time it was played; it shouldn't have a material impact on our ability to fill a 25,000 capacity stadium.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

18 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

That's a fixture that attracted 4,500 fans last time it was played; it shouldn't have a material impact on our ability to fill a 25,000 capacity stadium.

Well it’s knocked off me and two mates, at the very least. Were it a slightly later kick off then we’d have done both games and had a cracker of a day but c’est la vie.