England Vs Samoa - Your Team

7 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Young is playing.

Akers isnt.

Tomkins at 1

Welsby and Williams.

wouldnt be so sure.. 

Young yes.. 

then its 3 from Welsby, Tomkins, Williams and Sneyd to start with the other on the bench I would think, as there is no ackers.

Edited by RP London

Ackers unlucky to miss out for sure but I guess he's going to go with one of Williams, Sneyd or Welsby on the bench. He's spoken about Knowles being an option in the second row. I'm really surprised Oledzki isn't in there but he has spoken about a couple of niggles and I'd guess he's one. I'm not surprised in the slightest that Matty Lees is in the squad. I think Wane will use him throughout the tournament and in this game I think he'll be a big part of a plan to out last the Samoan team.

Looking something like-

Tomkins

Young Watkins Farnworth Makinson

Welsby Williams

Hill McIlorum Thompson

McMeekan Whitehead Radley

Subs

Lees Knowles T Burgess Sneyd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojo said:

What you mean? That's the actual line up for the 1st game

no its in number order otherwise Tom Burgess is playing 7... and I know we have a history of playing players out of position but no, just no!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WN83 said:

Ackers unlucky to miss out for sure but I guess he's going to go with one of Williams, Sneyd or Welsby on the bench. He's spoken about Knowles being an option in the second row. I'm really surprised Oledzki isn't in there but he has spoken about a couple of niggles and I'd guess he's one. I'm not surprised in the slightest that Matty Lees is in the squad. I think Wane will use him throughout the tournament and in this game I think he'll be a big part of a plan to out last the Samoan team.

Looking something like-

Tomkins

Young Watkins Farnworth Makinson

Welsby Williams

Hill McIlorum Thompson

McMeekan Whitehead Radley

Subs

Lees Knowles T Burgess Sneyd

No way will Sneyd be on the bench. He’ll either be starting or not selected. Welsby is the only potential pivot who might be on the bench for his utility value

• Like 3

Ackers couldn’t have done any more , I thought he gave us another dimension from 9 in that warm up game with his running game and speeding up the game around the ruck . Against the behemoth Samoa forwards I thought buzzing around like that would be a major asset 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Hill or Cooper over Oledski?

Im Assuming his shoulder is playing  up otherwise that’s ridiculous.

Ackers is very unfortunate and McIllorum is one lucky boy.

They both did play very well on Friday but I think it will be due to that shoulder. There's no point risking Oledzki yet if he's not 100%. It's a long comp and his time will come. I read earlier anybody with concussion will be sat down for 11 days, so a squad approach is more relevant than ever. 

6 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I think that’s just the squad listed numerically, not the actual team. Relax people.

surprised at no Ackers.

Yes, that's due to squad numbers. Players will be arranged in numerical order.

Just now, DoubleD said:

No way will Sneyd be on the bench. He’ll either be starting or not selected. Welsby is the only potential pivot who might be on the bench for his utility value

Yeah I agree. If Sneyd is in the squad I assume he starts as he’s not exactly an ‘impact’ off the bench style player.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Possibly but I wouldn't be surprised. It's just a template team really. I think all 4 of Tomkins, Sneyd, Williams and Welsby will be in the 17, so it's just which one sits on the bench. I think the fact Welsby has the 6 shirt suggests he'll start but who knows. When naming my team before the comp I had Williams on the bench and he can cover halfback and hooker, so he may go down that route.

Cooper and Pearce Paul to miss out from the 19 for me anyway. 

Edited by WN83
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mojo said:

What you mean? That's the actual line up for the 1st game

Look again. It’s the 19 man match day squad listed numerically.

• Like 4

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

So still plenty to decide for the game. In particular the halves and the 9 but the big points from the squad.

No Oledzki.  I would hope it is just another week of recuperation as I think he is in our strongest 17.

No Hall so Makinson and Young on the wings.

No Batchelor do McMeeken gets the second row spot.

It is still the 1, 6, 7 & 9 combination we wait to see on the day.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Tomkins will be #1. Williams will be there. I don't see the value of having Sneyd on the bench. He either starts or he shouldn't be in the 17.

I think Welsby is on the bench, if I interpret this correctly.

Really surprised at no Ackers. His speed around the ruck would have been perfect against a tiring opposition. 

I suppose Oledski must have a niggle.

• Like 1

1 Tomkins 

2 Makinson  3 Farnworth 4 Watkins 5 Young

6 Welsby 7 Williams

8 Hill 9 Mcillorum 10 Thompson 

11 Whitehead 12 Mcmeeken 

13 Radley

14 Sneyd 15 Burgess 16 Knowles 17 Lees/Cooper

18 Lees/Cooper 

19 Pearce Paul covering for Mcmeeken injury 

I think he'll go with that, Williams has covered 9 before, and Welsby covers all the back line. 

I’m hugely disappointed in Mickey Mac being preferred over Ackers. It makes us pathetically weak at 9. 

Mcmeeken over batchelor another disappointment. 

No value in Sneyd off the bench. Either start him or don’t include him in the 17. Williams might have some bench value.

• Like 2

3736-mipm.gif

3 minutes ago, Alan Robertson said:

I suppose that Burgess could be playing at scrum half 😉

Someone thought he was…

• Haha 1

3736-mipm.gif

As other have said.

Ackers unlucky and I hope he gets a chance later in the group.

I can't see Sneyd on the bench.  He is not an impact player and I would have his game management for 80 minutes or not at all.  If we are looking to spell McIllorum then maybe it is Williams on the bench.

1. Tomkins

2. Young 3. Watkins 4. Farnworth 5. Makinson 

6. Welsby 7. Sneyd 

8. Hill. 9. McIllorum 10. Thompson 

11. Whitehead 12. McMeeken 

13. Radley 

14. Knowles 15. Burgess. 16. Williams 17. Pearce-Paul / Lees / Cooper

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris