England Vs Samoa - Your Team

3 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

No value in Sneyd off the bench. Either start him or don’t include him in the 17. Williams might have some bench value.

I agree. Looking at it dispassionately though, Wane isn't going to bench Williams - a player he knows and trusts.

8 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Samoan squad named 

FB_IMG_1665660710494.jpg

I assume the Samoa 17 will look something like that:

1 Suaalii

2 To’o 3 Crichton 4 Tago 5 Tabuai-Fidow

6 Luai 7 Milford

8 Paulo 9 Levi 10 Papali

11 Su’a 12 Tuilagi

13 Aloilai

14 Hamlin-Uele 15 Taupa’u 16 Lenieu 17 Tyrone May/Harris Taveta 

Good to see Levi has recovered from that injury sustained in the Giants/Salford play off game as I feel he will be a vital part of their team.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think Lees, Cooper, Sneyd and Pearce-Paul are fighting for two spots. Maybe add McMeeken to make it 5 fighting for 3 spots.

From the 19, I'd go

Tomkins, Young, Watkins, Farnworth, Makinson, Welsby, Williams, Hill, McIlorum, Thompson, Whitehead, McMeeken, Radley

Knowles, Burgess, Cooper, Pearce-Paul

Edited by Alan Robertson

2 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Can somebody with NRL knowledge do a probable/possible line up for Samoa? Ta.

Your Toa Samoa Team List:

1: Joseph Suaalii

18: Hamiso Tabuai Fidow

3: Izack Tago

4: Stephen Crichton

5: Brian Too

6: Jarome Luai

7: Anthony Milford

8: Josh Papalii

9: Danny Levi

10: Junior Paulo

22: Kelma Tuilagi

12: Jadyn Sua

13: Josh Aloiai

14: Tyrone May

17: Martin Taupau

24: Bradon Hamlin-Uele

16: Spencer Leniu

2 minutes ago, AB90 said:

I assume the Samoa 17 will look something like that:

1 Suaalii

2 To’o 3 Crichton 4 Tago 5 Tabuai-Fidow

6 Luai 7 Milford

8 Paulo 9 Levi 10 Papali

11 Su’a 12 Tuilagi

13 Aloilai

14 Hamlin-Uele 15 Taupa’u 16 Lenieu 17 Tyrone May/Harris Taveta 

Good to see Levi has recovered from that injury sustained in the Giants/Salford play off game as I feel he will be a vital part of their team.

They would be a better side with the 1 and 5 swapped but I think you are right, I think Suaalii committed to Samoa after being promised the #1 shirt.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

As other have said.

Ackers unlucky and I hope he gets a chance later in the group.

I can't see Sneyd on the bench.  He is not an impact player and I would have his game management for 80 minutes or not at all.  If we are looking to spell McIllorum then maybe it is Williams on the bench.

1. Tomkins

2. Young 3. Watkins 4. Farnworth 5. Makinson 

6. Welsby 7. Sneyd 

8. Hill. 9. McIllorum 10. Thompson 

11. Whitehead 12. McMeeken 

13. Radley 

14. Knowles 15. Burgess. 16. Williams 17. Pearce-Paul / Lees / Cooper

Is it just me or does a prop rotation of Burgess, Thompson, Hill & Cooper/Lees seem a bit weak for a position that is generally a strength of England? 

1 minute ago, AB90 said:

Is it just me or does a prop rotation of Burgess, Thompson, Hill & Cooper/Lees seem a bit weak for a position that is generally a strength of England? 

It looks weaker with Oledzki no doubt.  But they can do a job.  Thompson and Burgess are quality.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Can somebody with NRL knowledge do a probable/possible line up for Samoa? Ta.

So there's some glaring omissions, which both makes it slightly harder to predict and better for England IMO. 

I reckon they'll go something like: 

1/ Sua'ali'i

2/ Tabaui-Fidow

3/ Tago

4/ Crichton

5/To'o

6/Luai

7/Milford

8/Papali'i

9/Levi

10/ Junior Paulo

11/ Tuilagi

12/ Sua

13/ Aloiai

Hamlin-Uele, Leniu, Tapau, Harris-Tavita

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It looks weaker with Oledzki no doubt.  But they can do a job.  Thompson and Burgess are quality.

Burgess is absolutely elite.

Looking forward to seeing Thompson step up and as i've not seem him, i'm really interested to see Oledzki goes as he's had some build up on here!

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

They would be a better side with the 1 and 5 swapped but I think you are right, I think Suaalii committed to Samoa after being promised the #1 shirt.

You need to stop listening to Paul Kent

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mojo said:

You need to stop listening to Paul Kent

I can happily say I have never heard a word that Paul Kent has ever said.  

I make my own mind up.

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just seen 19 man squad 

Mike Cooper ahead of Oledzki is utterly utterly insane 

Wane is a moron and stuck in 2016

Or perhaps, and shocking as this may be... he knows something we dont?

maybe Oledzki is the one with the niggle mentioned before... or Cooper is absolutely training the house down.. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dunbar said:

I can happily say I have never heard a word that Paul Kent has ever said.  

I make my own mind up.

If a 19 yeard old kid debut in that Souths game and play the way Suaali'i did they would've been praised as the future star of the nrl but because everyone expected him to shine straight away is madness lol he's finally training full time at fullback and obviously the coach's likes him at fullback. I saw a interview by Lee Radford and he was very impressed by Suaali'i rugby IQ for someone his age at fullback. The good thing is all the doubters questions might finally be answered this weekend

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mojo said:

If a 19 yeard old kid debut in that Souths game and play the way Suaali'i did they would've been praised as the future star of the nrl but because everyone expected him to shine straight away is madness lol he's finally training full time at fullback and obviously the coach's likes him at fullback. I saw a interview by Lee Radford and he was very impressed by Suaali'i rugby IQ for someone his age at fullback. The good thing is all the doubters questions might finally be answered this weekend

Look, I don't know why you are being so defensive.

All I have ever said is that going into an international game with a player who has never started a first grade game at fullback is a big risk.

Is he talented? of course.  Will he be a superb #1 in the future?  Nothing is guaranteed but he has all the abilities to shine.

But full back is the single most important position in modern Rugby League (arguably alongside the game management / dominant half) .  It is the focal point of the attack and the voice that controls the shape of the defence.  Playing an absolute novice in that position in the opening game of a world cup is a risk.

• Like 1

Looking at that 19 Wane has named,I really hope he’s not going all out to match the Samoan’s through the middle,we really need to play a fast paced attacking game with a good long kicking game which looks unlikely given the overload of middle forwards a few of which are over the hill internally.

54 minutes ago, RP London said:

Or perhaps, and shocking as this may be... he knows something we dont?

maybe Oledzki is the one with the niggle mentioned before... or Cooper is absolutely training the house down.. 

Interesting isn’t it? 

Lees is in the 19; who IMO outperformed Oldezki in the GF but is not being discussed at all in comparison to Cooper. I’d probably have the latter over Lees as I think Cooper is vastly under-rated. 

• Like 1

Sadly, I fear Wane’s Wigan bias will end up costing us. He seems desperate for that Tomkins, Williams, McIllorum spine. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

51 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Interesting isn’t it? 

Lees is in the 19; who IMO outperformed Oldezki in the GF but is not being discussed at all in comparison to Cooper. I’d probably have the latter over Lees as I think Cooper is vastly under-rated. 

Funny enough I think the opposite and feel Cooper is vastly overrated! I've never once looked at Mike Cooper and gone "I'd love to see him in a Salford shirt". Oledzki & Lees over Cooper every day of the week for me.

Still baffled at what Mcllorum brings to the party and like many others feel Ackers should be the starting 9.🤷‍♂️

Edited by SalfordSlim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

No value in Sneyd off the bench. Either start him or don’t include him in the 17. Williams might have some bench value.

Agree. Though think Sneyd will start and Welsby off the bench, who has more utility value. Looking forward to it though.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk