1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 1 to 6 points
    • Fiji by 7 to 12 points
    • Fiji by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/22 at 19:00

23 minutes ago, Niels said:

Once in a lifetime means "very rare or rarely". 

Even taken literally, prior to this, there have been 3 world cups here in 50 years.  How many people do you know who have seen Australia here more than once?

My point was, sides such as Australia rl, The All Blacks, Brasil selecao, do attract large crowds here, sometimes more than in their own countries. It isn't "unbelievable" or a slight on their own fans. It's because we see them rarely and fans take the opportunity to watch them. 

In any case, those finding it an issue that more fans attended here must be unaware that we have nearly three times the population of Australia.

So for example, crowds in the USA for soccer world cups often exceed what nation teams get in their own countries. Because of the rarity of seeing these sides and the large population there. 

One thing I take out of this and I agree with it is that the Kangaroos are our sports best brand. The fact they dont play and Australians dont give a about it is one of the main reasons our sport doesnt grown.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Just now, Tex Evans Thigh said:

One thing I take out of this and I agree with it is that the Kangaroos are our sports best brand. The fact they dont play and Australians dont give a about it is one of the main reasons our sport doesnt grown.

Thanks, yes that is the crux of the point I was making. 

10 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

This is absolutely spot on.

I can’t describe how great it is to see the green and gold on these shores. Please please get international rugby league organised - it’s the missing link, and oh so obvious …

Edited by Pie tries
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really enjoyed this game.

Thought Fiji were a bit hard done by in the first half by a few referee decisions but impressed with their spirit.

I'd be looking at pinching the Fiji fullback if I was involved with a super League club. He's a bit undersized, not what they like in the NRL, but his feet are fast and looks proper skilled. Apparently he's in NSW cup for Penrith. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I didn’t think I’d be saying this but England can beat that Australia team. 

Sadly, I don’t think we’ll see that contest as I don’t think that Australian team can live with NZ. We’ll see in any case.

I checked the records, and by just 2 points it's the second-lowest margin the Kangaroos have posted over Fiji in 8 meetings since 1995.  Their lowest margin over the Bati was 32 points in the 2013 World Cup when they won 34-2.

Edited by Big Picture
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Welshleaguelover said:

Really enjoyed this game.

Thought Fiji were a bit hard done by in the first half by a few referee decisions but impressed with their spirit.

I'd be looking at pinching the Fiji fullback if I was involved with a super League club. He's a bit undersized, not what they like in the NRL, but his feet are fast and looks proper skilled. Apparently he's in NSW cup for Penrith. 

Turuva has only just turned 20 and signed a 2 year 1st grade contract with the panthers.

He’s highly thought of at Penrith and is going nowhere after being chased by a host of other NRL clubs.

• Like 2

Really impressed with the Fijian defence and fighting spirit last night and was left feeling frustrated at what might have been had they been able to field the likes of the saifiti brothers, waqa Blake, ravalawa, sims, Montoya, and Milne.

Lots of positives and lots to build on going forward for the Bati.

Edited by Tosh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big Picture said:

I checked the records, and by just 2 points it's the second-lowest margin the Kangaroos have posted over Fiji in 8 meetings since 1995.  Their lowest margin over the Bati was 32 points in the 2013 World Cup they when won 34-2.

Good info and I think Fiji were hard done to as well. Kangaroos would have won anyway but I think they were tested there. 

On to the next one 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Just now, JimBronco said:

Anyone notice how fast the referee was when Addo-Carr scored his first try? Lol

Or notice that Fox Sports got his name wrong: 

"Match official Chris Reardon managed to run fast enough to cross the tryline at the same time as Addo-Carr and stay out of his path at the same time."

6 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Good info and I think Fiji were hard done to as well. Kangaroos would have won anyway but I think they were tested there. 

On to the next one 

Kendal the ref..enough said. He will bend over backwards to get the final.

Won't want to upset the Aussies.

Edited by jacksy
  • Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

On 16/10/2022 at 02:04, DaneH said:

Really enjoyed the speed of this game...think Australia will take some beating but I wouldn't say they are unbeatable by any stretch.

They're far from unbeatable, that Aussie pack is one of the worst they've had for a long time. They still have some threats in the backs in Tedesco, Addo-Carr & Mitchell but can't say I was overly impressed with them.

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions