RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You are Elton John and I claim my £ 5 😉

I'll do a pre game turn and then we can put to bed the argument on pre game entertainment and tickets.

16 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Eng v France has already sold 30k+. I would be quite surprised if Eng v Greece didn’t manage 30k either. 

England v Greece at Bramall Lane has the potential to be a bad one for the tv viewer - 10k in a 32k capacity ground would not look good. Hope I'm wrong.

12 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I can’t see NZ v Fiji getting 15k. It should but I don’t think it will. Just another observation is don’t forget some game days have been switched from the original schedule too. I’m going to the three group games at Doncaster which now include two Monday night matches which IIRC were going to be on more convenient days for the casual supporter to attend. Or is my memory playing tricks? I tried finding the original fixture dates but failed to see one.

France v Greece was certainly originally down to be a Monday afternoon game as it would have been half term week but moving the tournament forward a week to avoid overlapping with the football World Cup scuppered that idea.

• Like 1

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

19 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think at Bolton it's a 28k capacity with c5k left. But they should get a boost from the other day. 

Accepting England are playing, but noting it is against France, that suggests the cheap seats have all moved. Which didn;t happen last night.

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

One thing that is certain, fans will be angry at other fans. 

It's a little like the country overall, without going too political, people get angry with their fellow people instead of the leaders. 

I'll be seen as a negative person around this, but I've put my money where my mouth is, championed the event for years and dragged along new fans. 

I'm pretty angry about the arrogance of the organisers. 

I’m trying too to drag others to games that are local to me.

But I’ve said before I don’t want to support the tournament out of a sense of duty.

Its not purely a financial calculation for me but others around me have wanted certain views and thought the prices demanded to be a little extortionate in places.

There are some good games though that I want to see live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

If England make the final then you are looking at a good DW crowd, a good Emirates crowd and possibly a final sell out.

Add in Bolton and that is a lot of tickets sold. 

So there should still be an overall decent level of sales built around those core games.

Of course getting to the final is a big if. 

It shouldn't need England being in the final to sell out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Wow....I'd be at every game if I was that close 

Us fans in the south are being royally shafted at the men's world cup this time...

I'm going to two weekends....Friday/saturday ....

Petrol up and down with two nights hotel is about £200......the price of the ticket is almost incidental in comparison 

That's commendable, but in reality, fanatics like yourself are in very, very short supply. 

I remember seeing the average number of games attended for 2013, it was surprisingly low. Most people have little interest in multiple sporting events a week. 

I've been to two already this week, going to St Helens tomorrow, but I can't justify Leigh on Weds too. 

• Like 2

Just now, londonrlfan said:

It shouldn't need England being in the final to sell out.

It might well not need to.

But it would likely guarantee it and certainly make a guarantee of maybe 55k - 60k to a sell out - which is a lot of money in the coffers.

Just now, Leonard said:

It might well not need to.

But it would likely guarantee it and certainly make a guarantee of maybe 55k - 60k to a sell out - which is a lot of money in the coffers.

55k would be a very poor crowd for the final. If this sells badly, then the next one on home soil should be at Wembley. No excuses really. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That's commendable, but in reality, fanatics like yourself are in very, very short supply. 

I remember seeing the average number of games attended for 2013, it was surprisingly low. Most people have little interest in multiple sporting events a week. 

I've been to two already this week, going to St Helens tomorrow, but I can't justify Leigh on Weds too. 

I'll be at Saints tomorrow , I'll be with the bunch singing , "  oooh Edwin Ipape " 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Accepting England are playing, but noting it is against France, that suggests the cheap seats have all moved. Which didn;t happen last night.

£25 isn't seen as cheap for NZ v Leb. That's the point. 

You keep saying the cheap seats haven't sold - my argument is that there aren't any cheap seats. There are cheaper seats, but the appropriate price point for that game was not £25 for adults. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dave T said:

You keep saying the cheap seats haven't sold - my argument is that there aren't any cheap seats. There are cheaper seats, but the appropriate price point for that game was not £25 for adults. 

We will have to disagree on what is cheap. Which is fine.

I don't think £25 for that game is expensive. That was a proper match for me.

10 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I'll do a pre game turn and then we can put to bed the argument on pre game entertainment and tickets.

As long as it's on Saturday,Saturday, Saturday. That's alright by me.😁

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

One thing that is certain, fans will be angry at other fans. 

It's a little like the country overall, without going too political, people get angry with their fellow people instead of the leaders. 

I'll be seen as a negative person around this, but I've put my money where my mouth is, championed the event for years and dragged along new fans. 

I'm pretty angry about the arrogance of the organisers. 

Great post. I think the arrogance of the organisers is key here.

They’ve made a real mess of setting ticket prices too high - and then got nowhere to go as those who bought early were promised no late discounting.

But it was obvious months ago that things were bad and, despite a review, nothing really changed. They should have acted and not simply put ‘low availability’ and lied to try and create demand which isn’t there at those prices.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

For reference:

2640.png

England France seems to be priced significantly higher for what I would argue is no better a game and maybe a bit less - but will likely nigh on sell out.

48 minutes ago, Dave T said:

To put a positive hat on for a moment, if we have a look at what's coming up, hopefully the Tonga v PNG game will get a good crowd tomorrow, I'm very much looking forward to that. I'm hopeful Leigh will do us proud on Weds too for Cooks v Wales. It should look bustling even if only 6k at least. 

And then England at the weekend should look good, after last Sat I'd like to think it can sellout now. 

If you look at the ticket website Tonga v PNG hasn’t sold very well, as availability is still medium. I’m surprised, thought that was one of the most attractive group games.  

Samoa v France at Warrington and Fiji v Scotland in Newcastle are both low availability though so hopefully will be better attended than yesterday’s games. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard said:

England France seems to be priced significantly higher for what I would argue is no better a game and maybe a bit less - but will likely nigh on sell out.

A quick look at other games and England v Greece does look overpriced to me and is relying on blind home support - I've not looked at others in detail and need to get to work.

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

Ticket price and too many games in small areas. 

In 2013 Warrington had 2 games. The first one sold out. The 2nd one dropped to 13k.

4 games at one ground, with 7 others within 5 miles is a disaster. 

Who could have predicted this outcome? 

Within 5 miles from Warrington?

But yes I know what you mean, Leigh had the one game in '13 and 11,000 for Tonga (who were not the draw card of today) v Cook Islands, 3 games this time round is a bit much, albeit Ireland v Lebanon next Sunday should wet the appetite after this weekend's games.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

If you look at the ticket website Tonga v PNG hasn’t sold very well, as availability is still medium. I’m surprised, thought that was one of the most attractive group games.  

Samoa v France at Warrington and Fiji v Scotland in Newcastle are both low availability though so hopefully will be better attended than yesterday’s games. 

Sadly the ‘low availability’ is just bull**** going off last night’s crowd.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

We will have to disagree on what is cheap. Which is fine.

I don't think £25 for that game is expensive. That was a proper match for me.

Cheap is a distraction. That differs to all of us. 

But 10k empty seats tell us scheduling and pricing is wrong. 

We can directly compare 2013 to now and the main changes are multiple games and far, far higher pricing. Much of the other stuff (promotion and organisation) has been far better than 9 years ago. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Surely you understand that England may be more attractive to fans in England? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I would love to have been in that meeting with the people who set prices, because I'm not sure what they were smoking. Any sober or sane individual would have laughed at thier proposals. Just like we did on here.

Trying to ignore market forces was ridiculous. 

Like I said on another thread. Kia don't just raise thier prices to match ferrari because they both have four wheels and an engine.

• Thanks 1