RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Worth the 100 quid then , and you're comparing that to a single RL game ? 

I think that's the point. We aren't as cheap and good value as everyone makes out when you actually look what else is out there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think that's the point. We aren't as cheap and good value as everyone makes out when you actually look what else is out there. 

Isn't the final already the highest grossing game of all time in the UK and the Emirates the potential to be great too?

The fact we have semis that can stand on their own and we don't need a double header with after the lord mayor's show is progress for me. 

Although I wouldn't pay that for some.of the lesser games of course. 

Edited by Leonard

6 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Shows how poor a draw Tonga (likely semi-finalists in this tournament) is in the RU World Cup.

Well, rather that the point is that even in a sporting event that is far larger than ours (generally attracting 1.5m fans and making hundreds of millions of quid profit) will still price appropriately. 

That game will be lacking demand, so they have made it dirt cheap. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Isn't the final already the highest grossing game of all time in the UK and the Emirates the potential to be great too?

The fact we have semis that can stand on their own and we don't need a double header with after the lord mayor's show is progress for me. 

Although I wouldn't pay that for some.of the lesser games of course. 

Yes, I have zero problems with us charging a premium for our premium events. They appear to be selling well, suggesting they are broadly priced appropriately. I do have some concerns around those £85-£110 tickets for the semis, hopefully they don't bring sales progress to a halt like happened at Bolton, but charging a high price for a World Cup Final In particular is what we should be doing. 

I've regularly stated that there is a lot to like about this tournament, there is plenty that is real genuine progress, I'm just disappointed that so far plenty of that has been undermined. 

But I'm really looking forward to all of the quarter finals. I think Friday night will be a tough sell as there are plenty of firework displays, maybe they should have put one on themselves at that game. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Move this to politics sub forum, please, to avoid public correction of your post

The apathy comment was wrong and I dud not see you making a comment about ill informed views that I was responding to. 

53 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Are we really going down the route of just dismissing factual evidence now? 

I've already highlighted that they have 20 group games with prices starting at £25 or lower. 

The point is that pricing will be appropriate. Even Union aren't so arrogant/stupid to charge prices above the market price. 

Quoting the prices of one game to suit the narrative is not factual evidence. My original point was this world cup is reasonably priced compared to RU and Cricket World cups. I know that because I attended both of the last of these events to take place in this country. I won't even mention the commonwealth games! 

People can mention pricing til their blue in the face. They can also criticise the pricing if they like but to say that RL is pricing the same as other sports is wrong. 

Anyway if you want facts have a look at this that took 30 secs to find. 

SmartSelect_20221031_085452_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Quoting the prices of one game to suit the narrative is not factual evidence. My original point was this world cup is reasonably priced compared to RU and Cricket World cups. I know that because I attended both of the last of these events to take place in this country. I won't even mention the commonwealth games! 

People can mention pricing til their blue in the face. They can also criticise the pricing if they like but to say that RL is pricing the same as other sports is wrong. 

Your first line is wrong. It is factual evidence that RUWC has games that are cheap. That is what it was proving. I haven't made any claim about us having the same price as RUWC. 

My point in my post is that tournaments price appropriately, and that even includes tournaments that are far bigger than ours. 

As I've pointed out, 20 of their group games next year have prices starting at £8.60 to £25. Because they get it. They know pricing has to be right based on demand. They know how to grow a tournament. 

You seem to be arguing a point that has nowt to do with my posts. 

9 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

There's no such thing as expensive as long as people don't subscribe to Netflix and remember to save for five years.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

There's no such thing as expensive as long as people don't subscribe to Netflix and remember to save for five years.

I found the best way of affording RLWC tickets was to live with my parents rent-free in a box room until I was 44.

• Haha 3

Any word on the street about how Wigan is selling?

Press releases saying "hurry up", a la Bolton, are certainly conspicuous by their absence. I'm just asking because for that match I stupidly paid £70 per ticket when I could have easily paid much less and moved to the empty £70 seats, just about to book my Wigan ones so trying to plan better this time 😀😀😀 

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I found the best way of affording RLWC tickets was to live with my parents rent-free in a box room until I was 44.

Worked for me.

9 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Any word on the street about how Wigan is selling?

Press releases saying "hurry up", a la Bolton, are certainly conspicuous by their absence. I'm just asking because for that match I stupidly paid £70 per ticket when I could have easily paid much less and moved to the empty £70 seats, just about to book my Wigan ones so trying to plan better this time 😀😀😀 

DW is a worry due to lack of news. 

3 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

Still not a single sellout in the tournament unfortunately 

Realistically which game would you expect to sell out at this stage? Possibly the England game at Bolton but even that was the highest crowd for an England v France game in this country.

Just bought tickets to the semi final at Elland Road. £30 to see the 2 best 🙂 teams in the world, in a semi final, in a half decent stadium can't be grumbled at. 

However, I was going to buy them last week, but was waiting on one person to confirm. When I did look last week, there were no £30 tickets left, they were all shown as sold out. I've just bought some in block NEL, which are still showing on the graphic as £55 seats, but are selling at £30. I'm not convince that we would have all gone at £55 each

Either, this is a mistake, or they are continuing their policy of silently adding more cheaper seats in more expensive areas, to try and increase ticket sales. I'd suggest that anyone looking to go gets in at £30 before they are all sold out again. 

Should be a great game. Now to convince my wife and daughter we have to go to Bolton on Sunday afternoon. 🤔

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Realistically which game would you expect to sell out at this stage? Possibly the England game at Bolton but even that was the highest crowd for an England v France game in this country.

We've staged games in grounds with 10 to 15k capacities. 

A realistic aim should have been a few sellouts. Bolton should have sold out. 

Wigan should be a sellout. 

I do think we should have realistically been looking at maybe half a dozen sellouts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

We've staged games in grounds with 10 to 15k capacities. 

A realistic aim should have been a few sellouts. Bolton should have sold out. 

Wigan should be a sellout. 

I do think we should have realistically been looking at maybe half a dozen sellouts. 

Which games? I already said possibly Bolton and Wigan is in the future.

It's easy to say a few sellouts but with the best will in the world I'm not sure why we would be expecting to sell out the likes of Headingley, Leeds and Warrington for some of the other matches when they have so many games. Yes, undoubtedly these games would have had better crowds with less matches but I dont see anything from this schedule that makes me think oh we should have had a sellout there. That is before you get to Doncaster, Coventry, Middlesbrough and Newcastle in big grounds for the quality of games they have had.

It would be a disappointment if we didn't get a big crowd for the QF at Wigan but it won't be a disaster if we get a good crowd rather than a sell-out.

Even talking about drawing 25k for a game against PNG at proper ticket prices is a massive step-change for England RL.

• Like 3