Leigh changing their name? Bored journo doing a rumour?

50 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

If that's come from a branding agency they were either under a very low strict budget or the client had way way too much influence or both

Or very strict, unfeasible timeframe. Sadly all of the above are realistic scenarios. Suspect the client influence was a factor, particularly in the kit.

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Sometimes I guess when you attend a marketing exercise in a room full of people clapping it can have a powerful psychological effect.

I wasn’t there to experience it myself though and so my reaction is probably like others which is offering a quick appraisal on the dropping of tradition.

There can be an issue too where relationships behind the scenes maybe play a part in people not expressing their private beliefs publicly.

I wasn't there and maybe Martyn can tell us but I cannot believe that there wasn't any laughing going on.

The whole thing looked gloriously naff and comical

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I wasn't there and maybe Martyn can tell us but I cannot believe that there wasn't any laughing going on.

The whole thing looked gloriously naff and comical

It did look like a staged ‘The Day Today’ type piece of humour.

I think the best defence of it is to actually look at the other announcements Leigh made which are positive for them and the sport too.

I can’t get away from the fact that the shirt doesn’t seem right for a full blown contact sport.

It reminds me more of something you might get dressed up in to raise awareness of animal extinction for the World Wildlife Fund.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Not sarky at all. If you are as professional as you suggest you are, then why wouldn't a Rugby League club engage you?

I'm grateful for you "telling" me, but I'll probably be more prepared to listen to you in twelve months' time when the rebranding will be shown to have flopped, as you suggest.

Sadler showing hes just as easily triggered as Degsy is. It's embarrassing. 

I thought Gus Gould had come out with some tripe these last couple of weeks buy Martyn your eclipsing him. 

Edited by Ragingbull

4 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Or very strict, unfeasible timeframe. Sadly all of the above are realistic scenarios. Suspect the client influence was a factor, particularly in the kit.

I'm not sure timescale would be that much of an issue, any decent branding agency could have churned out a better looking brand in a day or less TBH.

However having said that Id expect a rebrand of a top tier RL club to have taken many months including some consultation with focus groups that included supporters, some market research, numerous rounds of concepts and all importantly for it to be launched professionally, not with no website, ridiculously bad Photoshops of players heads stuck on badly photoshopped kits.

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 3

So Sadler looked at that "document" and was impressed....

They couldn't be bothered to hit spellcheck.

Terribly photoshopped kits and heads on players.

Various picture of leopards, jaguars and snow leopards from clip art all over the place.

Major signings announced on One Drive.

A digital unfriendly badge that doesn't even fit within the borders of their own social media.

No merch on sale.

Website down.

Social media domains up in air/an absolute mess.

One of the elite 12 clubs of the sport in this country.

I'm not having it that more than £50 was spent on the "presentation"

The back of the kit has a cats anus on it.

The whole rationale and market research being - A rich man likes leopard print.

The game is in the mess it is today because of dinosaurs like Sadler being major mouthpieces and blindly defending poor ego driven decisions such as this.

How can anyone defend this? It's appalling, tacky, crass, disrespectful to fans and ultimately utterly hilarious.

You Martyn Sadler are an absolute clown with zero credibility.

Edited by Tim Streets tache
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not sure if this has been shared over the previous 28 pages, but this is quite the Btec Business studies presentation slide deck. 

https://indd.adobe.com/view/3d3e261d-1fa5-41de-8aee-f89dad654e96

What's all that nonsense about Centurian (sic) and them asking for a logo with a Centurion on it but saying it was an error but ran with it.

Centurian isn't a word.

It's Centenarian.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not sure if this has been shared over the previous 28 pages, but this is quite the Btec Business studies presentation slide deck. 

https://indd.adobe.com/view/3d3e261d-1fa5-41de-8aee-f89dad654e96

One of the most frustrating aspects of that is just how much potentially good stuff is in there.

Also the juniors have a different and better logo. 

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What's all that nonsense about Centurian (sic) and them asking for a logo with a Centurion on it but saying it was an error but ran with it.

Centurian isn't a word.

It's Centenarian.

It's the 'teasers' slide (20) for me - making out Dez is some kind of subliminal illusionist akin to Derren Brown because he's worn a few bits of leopard print. A parody of himself that bloke. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

"Derek"

Ffk5WE2WAAATJXy.jpg

although the rebrand hasn't been executed well at least a new mascot aimed at children will be better than current.

Not sure what significant investment would be needed to come up with a an animal mascot outfit that doesn't scare the little un's - unless looking for someone to do a cartoon type version.

Edited by redjonn

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

One of the most frustrating aspects of that is just how much potentially good stuff is in there.

Also the juniors have a different and better logo. 

100% - the feeling that rebrand was needed seems absolutely justified - the way it's been done. Christ. And worse still, nobody is talking about the squad they're putting together or at least nowhere near on the same scale. 

1 hour ago, Stuff Smith said:

Yeah, "comic sans" would have been more of a fit with the rest of the design. And, as a bonus, would subtly reference one of their previous nicknames, "The Comics".

The comics is taken, that’s what Warrington fans call Widnes 😜

40 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

The back of the kit has a cats anus on it.

Amongst all the tacky, amateurish parts of that presentation its hard to forget that the shirt the players will wear on the pitch actually has a cats ###### on it 🤣 🤣 🤣

Presumably Leigh will also be moving all their games to a Friday night given Leopards are primarily nocturnal and just sleep during the day, hey they can even re-brand the bogs as "kitty litter corner" and lets not even go there with what they can re-brand the adult only bar section at the stadium 😁

Edited by Saint Toppy

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions