1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/22 at 20:15

6 minutes ago, Derwent said:

The fact remains that had that “try” been disallowed as it should have been then the Kiwis would have won. Regardless of what you say they’d have been ahead on the scoreboard.

There was an hour of the game to go FFS.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Really? NZ were sh!te until tonight and now they are one of the best two teams?

I think you need a bit of perspective.

OK. So.... if they are sh!te and the Roos only just beat them, then I suppose England (who have also looked decent tbf) should see off the Aussies easily. Fair?

Edited by Madrileño

My word they will take some beating in the final.

The scary thing is they will probably be better in the final.

I think England are looking strong but my worry is hooker. As long as Radley is moves there soon as pos.. England definitely have a chance. 

Kiwis did brilliant constantly taking it to the line then offloading.

If they were better with the kicks they definitely could have won that 

That was a great game of rugby league but unfortunately fingers are being pointed at the referee. I don’t think he cheated but why do we have an Australian refereeing a match involving Australia when there are English referees available. Similarly we had an English referee for England v PNG. Can somebody explain why?

• Like 2

Just now, Derwent said:

The game finished 14-12. Should have been 10-12. But if you’re ok with that standard of VR then I find that strange.

what are you on about? The player wasn’t tackled, are you blind? Why would the kiwis kick up a stink? They know it was ok, they play to the same standards week in week out 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

That was a great game of rugby league but unfortunately fingers are being pointed at the referee. I don’t think he cheated but why do we have an Australian refereeing a match involving Australia when there are English referees available. Similarly we had an English referee for England v PNG. Can somebody explain why?

because it makes sense to have an NRL ref, if you want the best spectacle accept it, if you want an English ref every fecker will be confused & it turns to poop & everyone is more disappointed 

Every player on the field knows Klein, he knows them, they know how he refs, the standards etc & Klein knows how they play, the kiwis were happy enough to have an NRL ref to save confusion 

Edited by RippinandTearin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RippinandTearin said:

what are you on about? The player wasn’t tackled, are you blind? Why would the kiwis kick up a stink? They know it was ok, they play to the same standards week in week out 

If your ball playing arm or the ball is on the floor and a player puts a hand on you, then, you are tackled. The ball playing arm was on the floor and his opponent had a hand on his head.

Its a basic law of the game and was shown to be true in the clip shown following Kendalls rash decision to only take one view.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

Have you not been around RL for long? It's a well known fact that referees use a different rulebook to ref Australia. 

• Like 1

I thought the ref was good.

It was a tough, intense game and he only blew 7 penalties in the game and let the players just get on with it.  And he kept 26 players on the pitch when the Aussies started a bit of shoving and the same when the Kiwis did.

If that's the type of refereeing performance we fume at then we will never be happy.

• Like 7

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Derwent said:

The game finished 14-12. Should have been 10-12. But if you’re ok with that standard of VR then I find that strange.

It actually finished 16-14 but it's unlikely the match would've played out as it did if the decision had been different.

• Like 2