Fri 18 Nov: Wheelchair World Cup Final: France v England KO 7.30pm

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/11/22 at 20:00

2 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Have you tried Specsavers? 😘

One decision does not equal all decisions, for God's sake. I pleaded before to keep this thread grown-up, but it looks like  it's going in the usual direction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Dave T said:

I don't think you are allowed to dive to score, I think that's what it was for, however the argument was that he was falling and reached out. 

That's how I read it, he was upended and reached out, the lead ref seemed to think different.

Great try from a combination of Collins and Brown

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 points in it at the break.

Just what you need from a World Cup final.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

For a sport where scores can rack up very quickly, this is the opposite and still a thriller.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Dave T said:

I think the commentary is a bit off here. I'm not sure England are not playing well, they are just up against a superb team and it's a hell of a battle. 

Yes - it is very close and England have had chances.

The narrative we are holding on is not right.

Just now, Dave T said:

I think the commentary is a bit off here. I'm not sure England are not playing well, they are just up against a superb team and it's a hell of a battle. 

The commentators aren't the only ones having difficulty grasping this.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

One decision does not equal all decisions, for God's sake. I pleaded before to keep this thread grown-up, but it looks like  it's going in the usual direction.

Disagreeing with you doesn't mean the thread isn't grown up. Your reaction may be more telling. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

Yes - it is very close and England have had chances.

The narrative we are holding on is not right.

Let's be honest, Brown could have been awarded another try and we'd be 18 v 14 up. How would that fit into the narrative of England not playing well? Particularly when the interviewer suggested this is France's best performance. 

I think the commentators are not really following the story of the game brilliantly. 

1 minute ago, sam4731 said:

Seen the game on telly before but this is the first game I've seen live. It's one of the best live sporting experiences I have ever had. Incredible stuff!

It’s just fabulous isn’t it, don’t mind admitting i got a bit emotional at the national anthems and I don’t usually care for them

it felt like being a part of history 

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Why would you on British tv? 

I thought that, what a bizarre comment.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, RayCee said:

Disagreeing with you doesn't mean the thread isn't grown up. Your reaction may be more telling. 

Accusing the referee of bias every time things don't go your team's way is a long-established pattern on this forum. Nothing good ever comes of it - it's the Trump mentality.

The referee has made mistakes, some of which have benefited England, some France.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, sam4731 said:

Seen the game on telly before but this is the first game I've seen live. It's one of the best live sporting experiences I have ever had. Incredible stuff!

Prodigiously good to watch in the flesh, isn’t it. The noise and vibrations are awesome. Utterly compelling.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

This is an absolutely pointless comment, I know, but I really enjoyed that.

You'd have to go a long way to find 40 minutes entertainment better than that.

It's tremendous, isn't it?

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)