1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 20:00

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I didn't see that. There were quite a few, I reckon.

Seemed to disappear 2nd half to me.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

3 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

It wasn't just the big ones though, was it? Apii Nicholls was great, that winger outside Hufanga was good, even when she wasn't feeding off Hufanga, Krystal Rota is always good. They're all small and Rota is 37.

That's why I said "in most departments"

3 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Two big units on the RHS for the NZ team meant they were very difficult to stop, but I think England have to look at their attacking close to the line as a huge part of the result. Some strange calls didn't help, but not enough to change the winner.

You won't hear it on the TV coverage which is all about how great the "effort" was, but England need to be better to compete. It's a real sport and coverage should reflect mistakes as well as successes.

This is true but it is also important to recognise progress.  We lost 52-4 to the Kiwis in this stage in 2017 and so this performance is progress.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Cunningham is my hero. So is Rudge. So is Hufanga. Are all women more humble and interesting to listen to, or just rugby league women?

Not all women. Exhibit A: Nadine Dorries.

• Haha 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Half time team talk was taken in by the ref more than the England players.Apart from the late hit on Winfield Hill she was faultless.And i don't blame her for it as she would have been following the ball ,linesman should have picked it up.A fantastic game of rugby league,credit to both sets of players.New Zealand  well deserved winners on their second half performance.The game should be shown in schools and colleges to encourage youngsters to take up the game.Our game is a bit like boxing knock the sh=t out of each other for 80 min then respect the opposition they don't call it The Greatest Game for nothing.

• Like 2

Half time team talk was taken in by the ref more than the England players.Apart from the late hit on Winfield Hill she was faultless.And i don't blame her for it as she would have been following the ball ,linesman should have picked it up.A fantastic game of rugby league,credit to both sets of players.New Zealand  well deserved winners on their second half performance.The game should be shown in schools and colleges to encourage youngsters to take up the game.Our game is a bit like boxing knock the sh=t out of each other for 80 min then respect the opposition they don't call it The Greatest Game for nothing.

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

This RWC was Hufanga's international debut, after switching from RU.

So we should assume she'll get better with more experience and the skills picked up in the next few seasons of WNRL.

Eek! :kolobok_scare:

I understand she represented Tonga at rugby league at one time.

Just now, JohnM said:

I understand she represented Tonga at rugby league at one time.

I think she played for Tonga in RU. 

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Jodie hit it correctly... gave their all , effort great but performance not good enough.

They should be proud...

Jodie said "they should be paid" 😉

• Like 3

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, moorside roughyed said:

The game needs to throw some money at the women's game. 

Get that Magic Money Tree a-shakin'!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Richards centred on the ref & ruck. Not sure I agree with him

Even if true, it comes across as churlish.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

So, we were told before this tournament that the NRLW would mean that Australia and New Zealand will have gone away from England.

Well, that performance showed that while we weren't likely winners after maybe the first 20, we were competitive.  I think this is testament to the way the Women's game in this country has progressed and we should look forward to what the future holds.

• Like 14

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

What happened there sorry for the triple post It didnt register first time so i kept on pressing the buttons.Good news is despite my incompetence  i have somehow not been scammed on line yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3