Euro xiii cup

1 hour ago, MatthewWoody said:

Very optimistic. 
But I think it showed some kind of ambition. 

The idea of the "draft" was fascinating: 

draft.png

Not quite sure how you could draft a player to another country and get them to move and somehow provide a living and accomodation for them and their family. Unless Elon musk is secretly behind it.

The football world cup has just started in front of a global audience of billions.  I take my hat off to those within RL who dare to think about introducing the game to new audiences.  Unfortunately, many, but of course not all, of the fans of the sport love to ridicule anyone who dares to have such ideas, though of course they will deny it. it does the sport zero favours whatsoever.

Edited by Hello
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Midlands hobo said:

Birmingham jaguars (never heard of them) appear to have some Social media but stopped filling it in 2 years ago. Allegedly Rhondda outlaws and Edinburgh eagle were lined up but can't see anything.

Dead duck me thinks

I’ve got a very long story filled with inside knowledge for you on this one. Will share it with you once I have more time.

Pie in the sky delivered by delusion will be the story’s blurb

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

I’ve got a very long story filled with inside knowledge for you on this one. Will share it with you once I have more time.

Pie in the sky delivered by delusion will be the story’s blurb

Sounds like a good name for a RL book - with this as one of many chapters.......

13 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

What happened to that Spanish team which was going to join League 1?

Valencia Huracanes.

Run by the same guy behind Euro XIII, and the Spanish League being set up a year ago.

I think the answer, to all 3, is nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Ah, Dean Buchan! Ended up on the bench for Bath Rugby League before disappearing into obscurity again .

Bath rugby league who then resigned from the RFL saying they were about to start another rebel tournament?

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

When is the online shop opening up again? I want a collection of make believe shirts, I've already got New York, a bloke on Facebook does shirts for Andorra and other teams that could one day appear, he thinks of a nice place and designs a shirt to sell just in case 😬😁

Luckily the New York training shirt was pretty 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, barnyia said:

When is the online shop opening up again? I want a collection of make believe shirts, I've already got New York, a bloke on Facebook does shirts for Andorra and other teams that could one day appear, he thinks of a nice place and designs a shirt to sell just in case 😬😁

Luckily the New York training shirt was pretty 🤣

Tbf if it weren’t for Covid New York might well have been in the English league now, along with Toronto and Ottawa. Though presumably the national interest created by it would have been wiped out when the SL clubs voted them out in favour of Hunslet. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Hello said:

it does the sport zero favours whatsoever.

What does the sport zero favours is the time and effort of good people being wasted by the charlatans and chancers who put forward stupid and unworkable ideas like Euro XIII time and again.

Idea that even if they weren't stupid and unworkable - and Euro XIII was both on an epic scale - would not advance the sport of rugby league one inch further forward in any meaningful sense.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)