Challenge Cup Coverage

34 minutes ago, ChristianB said:

Edinburgh v Saddleworth this Saturday and, just announced, Cornwall v Rochdale Mayfield on the 25th.

Both BBC Red Button.

What's not to like!

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/61389/from-edinburgh-to-cornwall-–-bbc-sport-challenge-cup-coverage-takes-the-long-road

What's not to Love?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

7 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I wouldn’t have chosen Cornwall for R2 but it’s still good. 

I think the fact they be able to say they have shown Challenge Cup rugby 'from Cornwall to Edinburgh' is a cracking line.

• Like 11

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

24 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I think the fact they be able to say they have shown Challenge Cup rugby 'from Cornwall to Edinburgh' is a cracking line.

I understand why they’ve done it and get showing “unusual” names is a good selling point but there’s better games (in my opinion). 

6 hours ago, Jughead said:

I understand why they’ve done it and get showing “unusual” names is a good selling point but there’s better games (in my opinion). 

There probably is from a RL purist point of view. But there's probably more mileage in showing that the competition has clubs competing from those wider range of places. 

Remember how Ray French used to always list the various clubs that had started at the beginning of the CC? It added a bit of.... well, not exactly cosmopolitan flavour, but definitely moreso than just saying every club that entered was from Lancashire or Yorkshire. 

• Like 4

Bump - today

1.15pm - iPlayer/BBC Sport - Edinburgh v Saddleworth

3pm - Sportsman YouTube - Wigan St Pats v Ince Rose Bridge

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Searched for Rugby League, Challenge Cup and all variants of the two on the iPlayer app and NOTHING comes up for the game that is scheduled for today!

You have to ask - if a keen rugby league viewer cant find anything what chance has a casual viewer?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gogledd said:

Searched for Rugby League, Challenge Cup and all variants of the two on the iPlayer app and NOTHING comes up for the game that is scheduled for today!

You have to ask - if a keen rugby league viewer cant find anything what chance has a casual viewer?

Their agin us mate. 

36 minutes ago, gogledd said:

It's not listed on the BBC Sport live page either.

Here's the link though: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/rugby-league/64555929

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gogledd said:

Its now appeared on the iPlayer ...but took some finding!!

The listing of anything that isn't the Premier League or Six Nations can be somewhat hit and miss ...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's not listed on the BBC Sport live page either.

This page? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-guide 

Second line, in the "recommended" section.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A few military Fijians in the Edinburgh side - always intriguing to see how they go.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Coverage has now started. The camera is pointed at a pitch at the Edinburgh Royal High School.

Ronnie Corbett's alma mater, according to the commentary.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Is that an ice cream van I can hear?? 

It is a balmy 11 degrees in Edinburgh, after all.

Some of the Saddleworth lads will be suffering from heatstroke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson