Sat 18th Feb: World Club Challenge: Penrith Panthers v St Helens KO 7:00 (UK Time) (Sky/C4)

Who will win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Penrith Panthers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/23 at 07:30

Just now, Ragingbull said:

Sky obviously dont give a toss.  No pre match, no post match and dont even show the trophy presentation. 

Sooner another tv company comes in for the main broadcsst rights deal the better.  

Well done channel 4 for actually showing an intrest in the game 

When I discovered, to my utmost delight earlier on this morning, that it was being shown live on Channel 4, I didn't even think about watching it on Sky who've covered RL for 30 odd years.

• Like 3
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Did you watch the Wigan game?

Remember it well - a fantastic game and quite some adversity with Graeme West temporarily in charge, Skerrett & Platt out injured and so on. But it was pre superleague.

3 minutes ago, rlno1 said:

Great win by Saints.....now wait and listen to the whinging and excuses from the Aussies who think their third string teams can beat the English teams. I

Too good Saints, well done!!!!

I think the ploy to switch to the Broncos v Cowboys game is designed so that no Aussie fans outside of Penrith will see Saints lift the WCC trophy - If it's not been witnessed, therefore it didn't happen. 😀

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Isn’t Rugby League great! 

Comment from Kyke Amor at half time in C4 coverage about RL fans generally having negativity about the sport despite what’s in front of us. 

Been a pretty impressive 48 hours for the sport in the UK.

Hopefully, the game and us all, can carry it forward. Makes a change RL being on the front foot compared to other varients. Long may it continue.

Good to see a British win, even if by them from the wrong side of Billinge. 

• Like 4

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

I think the ploy to switch to the Broncos v Cowboys game is designed so that no Aussie fans outside of Penrith will see Saints lift the WCC trophy - If it's not been witnessed, therefore it didn't happen. 😀

Typical Australian thing to do.

Bad losers. Very bad losers

• Haha 1

Just now, EastLondonMike said:

It’s a real pain the way they switched across so quickly. I wanted to see the presentation.

I suspect most fans here in Canberra really enjoyed seeing Penrith lose.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Remember it well - a fantastic game and quite some adversity with Graeme West temporarily in charge, Skerrett & Platt out injured and so on. But it was pre superleague.

Wigan’s win was a fantastic win, against all the odds. There is nothing to stop you denigrating and dismissing anything and everything Wigan have ever done. If that makes you feel better about yourself then knock yourself out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Some very good St Helens sides on the past have underwhelmed in this fixture, sometimes badly. This current team is a different kettle of fish when it comes to toughness and resilience.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Copa said:

It’s a real pain the way they switched across so quickly. I wanted to see the presentation.

I suspect most fans here in Canberra really enjoyed seeing Penrith lose.

After extra time, the broadcasters would be cutting it fine if they weren't going to miss the start of the next game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Wigan’s win was a fantastic win, against all the odds. There is nothing to stop you denigrating and dismissing anything and everything Wigan have ever done. If that makes you feel better about yourself then knock yourself out.

Still flying the WDL flag EW?

Disappointing, you're better than that.

• Like 3

I saw the last 10 minutes of this in a works canteen. I turned it on as people were beginning to roll in for a break. They were initially ignoring it (one guy asking if this was the six nations??) but by the end were pretty enthralled. 

Great result for Saints, the wider British game and also hopefully a positive effect on international RL.

Congratulations to St Helens on a fantastic job done when pretty much nobody gave them a prayer (me included truth be told)

Also, was that Eamonn McManus on the pitch celebrating like a mad man,?? Great to see

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

This thread shouldn’t be allowed to turn into a parochial bun fight.

This is a great morning for northern hemisphere rugby league and we should all celebrate it.

Absolutely, well said mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

Percival’s defence has been absolutely outstanding so far, he shouldn’t be questioned again because he’s proved himself to be solid

Never been in doubt. Was mom for me did similar in the St George game got absolutely smashed early on but it has no effect on how hard he runs the ball back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I saw the last 10 minutes of this in a works canteen. I turned it on as people were beginning to roll in for a break. They were initially ignoring it (one guy asking if this was the six nations??) but by the end were pretty enthralled. 

Do you work at the RFL head office?

• Haha 7

Just now, Exiled Wiganer said:

The C4 coverage ended with an IMG symbol. Has that always been there, or is this a new thing? C4 is a natural home for our game. 

When you think of all the time and experience Sky Sports have had to provide great coverage of our game, for Channel 4 to come along with a far superior product speaks volumes.

• Like 4