Sat 18th Feb: World Club Challenge: Penrith Panthers v St Helens KO 7:00 (UK Time) (Sky/C4)

Who will win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Penrith Panthers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/23 at 07:30

Because of family illness I only caught golden point. A great emotional pick up. Thanks to all the non Saints fans on here for their congratulations.

• Like 5

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Congratulations St Helens World Club Champions and now officially the best club team in the World

Beaten the NRLs dominant team in their own back yard and did so with a home grown Sts Academy produced spine Welsby, Lomax, Dodd, Roby, Knowles. Throw in Makinson, Percival, Lees, who are also Acdemy products and Head Coach Paul Wellens, who also came from Sts Academy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Dodd's kicking game and generalship was super. I loved the placement and class in his kicking.

Welsby MOTM for me. Loved how he walked up, hugged McManus, accepted his medal, and then walked off without saying anything.

Come on Saints!! Club champs of the world!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Must be painful for the Aussies, Fox League have immediately cut to show the Broncos v Cowboys game.

Great win by Saints.....now wait and listen to the whinging and excuses from the Aussies who think their third string teams can beat the English teams. I

Too good Saints, well done!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, OMEGA said:

Congratulations St Helens World Club Champions and now officially the best club team in the World

Beaten the NRLs dominant team in their own back yard and did so with a home grown Sts Academy produced spine Welsby, Lomax, Dodd, Roby, Knowles. Throw in Makinson, Percival, Lees, who are also Acdemy products and Head Coach Paul Wellens, who also came from Sts Academy

I hope everyone congratulating Saints right now is ready for a whole season of this lol

• Like 1

Well done Saints, fantastic performance.👏👏👏 I slept through most of it unfortunately as I had a late night but defensively they were outstanding.

The only downside to all this is that their already insufferable fans will now be a couple of notches higher on the "up our own arris's" scale.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Because of family illness I only caught golden point. A great emotional pick up. Thanks to all the non Saints fans on here for their congratulations.

Hope all is OK.

And echo those thanks to the none Saints fans. Its been fantastic reading a thread where 99% of people are wanting the same thing. For some reason there's some prolific NRL posters missing. 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tjhrads93 said:

Now that they’ve won it, where does that rank in terms of all time great super league performances?

I’ve only been a fan for 10-15 years and it’s the best I’ve ever seen - maybe best setting up another thread though.

The last British club to win in Australia was Wigan in 1994 i.e pre superleague. That was at a time where there was no salary cap and Wigan were able to sign most of the top players and had dominated English RL for best part of a decade. 

No question that is the best result by a superleague club.

• Like 7

Sky obviously dont give a toss.  No pre match, no post match and dont even show the trophy presentation. 

Sooner another tv company comes in for the main broadcast deal the better.  

Well done channel 4 for actually showing an intrest in the game 

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Like 13

Just now, JonM said:

The last British club to win in Australia was Wigan in 1994 i.e pre superleague. That was at a time where there was no salary cap and Wigan were able to sign most of the top players and had dominated English RL for best part of a decade. 

No question that is the best result by a superleague club.

Did you watch the Wigan game?

1 minute ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Roby is genuinely a legend of rugby league. 

Nothing but admiration for him. As a Wigan fan you have a natural instinct to dislike Saints players but you just can’t. I can’t help but think what could’ve been regards the World Cup but good to see him get a sign off like that on an elavated stage. 

He’ll be spoke about for decades to come. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1