Sun 26th Feb: SL: Castleford Tigers v St Helens KO 13:00

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/02/23 at 13:30

Something just bounced off my window. I think it was one of Jacob Miller's ribs.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, dkw said:

Is that the actual rule, no card if its a penalty try, because I can't see how Welsby didn't get a yellow for that.

It is for a professional foul.  Not sure for foul play.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

those sort of tackles are more a clumsy reaction in a fraction of a second rather than anything malicious

I agree, it is instinctive, so for that reason I wouldn't have given a red. But it's still direct contact with the head.

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

To give the penalty try I mean.

The thing is the penalty try is correct but Cas are hard done by with no action taken against Welsby. If no further action can be taken when a penalty try is awarded then that rule is wrong. If I was Cas I would prefer a red card there and no penalty try.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damien said:

The thing is the penalty try is correct but Cas are hard done by with no action taken against Welsby. If no further action can be taken when a penalty try is awarded then that rule is wrong. If I was Cas I would prefer a red card there and no penalty try.

Could Leeds benefit from it? Should be banned

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Is that the actual rule, no card if its a penalty try, because I can't see how Welsby didn't get a yellow for that.

I posted much the same last week and someone said that was the case last week in reply. I took their word for it to be honest and looked into it no further. Twice in two weeks there has been penalty tries awarded and no action taken against the player so it seems to be the case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

That’s if it’s a professional foul and I think the ref got a bit mixed up with that. 

I would have had no argument if Welsby had gone for 10 (and the penalty try) as it wasn't a professional foul but foul play.

But it wasn't a red for me.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Cas fluff it again

...and again.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, MZH said:

Game over.

Thanks for posting that, the game has evened up quite nicely since.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 minutes ago, MZH said:

I agree, it is instinctive, so for that reason I wouldn't have given a red. But it's still direct contact with the head.

If the game is to be serious about head high tackles then it should be. At the start of last season it would certainly have been red.

Welsby puts it on a plate for Walmsley.

6-16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)