Bulls v Toulouse

Clarence Street

11 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

There's a turn up for you. Bulls 28 Toulouse 18. Funny old game.

Good win but Toulouse team, they are missing Hansen, Richards and Akauola from their pack all of whom you would have expected to be in the 17.that's very much a weakened pack for Toulouse but  TO winning at half time 12-8 and 18-8 after 60 mins then they just seemed to loose the plot boat load of penalties  stopped playing rugby

12 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Think there were 5 or 6 players in the bin at various times.

one from the bulls and 4 from TO 

• Thanks 1

People tend to just look at results, I think you have to look at the teams for this to make sense.

York had 2 or 3 important players missing from the Toulouse game compared with the Bradford game and were on a short turnaround.

Toulouse had three of the 5 middles that played against York (Hansen, Akauola and Richards) all missing against Bradford and had no experienced replacements to bring in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, POR said:

Good win but Toulouse team, they are missing Hansen, Richards and Akauola from their pack all of whom you would have expected to be in the 17.that's very much a weakened pack for Toulouse but  TO winning at half time 12-8 and 18-8 after 60 mins then they just seemed to loose the plot boat load of penalties  stopped playing rugby

one from the bulls and 4 from TO 

Two Bradford players - Appo and (I think) Lilley - they were definitely down to 11 men for a few minutes.

8 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Two Bradford players - Appo and (I think) Lilley - they were definitely down to 11 men for a few minutes.

OOOPS silly me forgot about Lilley cos he went off with off with a TO  LAD  but only down to 11 for about a minute then back to 12 a piece   but this sums up TO today last minute losing 26-18 bretherton one of their better players trips a bull and gets sinbinned a trip means he'll pick up a ban 

Not surprised The Bulls beat Toulouse on their joke of a pitch, especially with the guys out for Toulouse and the Leeds players brought in by the Bulls, I think it may be a bit different on the return fixture. There will be a few strange results this season.

• Like 3

Apart from Featherstone who certainly look like the team that are going to take some beating this season the rest of the teams in the championship can easily beat each other going on what's happened to the start of the season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

People tend to just look at results, I think you have to look at the teams for this to make sense.

York had 2 or 3 important players missing from the Toulouse game compared with the Bradford game and were on a short turnaround.

Toulouse had three of the 5 middles that played against York (Hansen, Akauola and Richards) all missing against Bradford and had no experienced replacements to bring in.

I thought they had a D.R. deal with the Dragons? Anyway, whether they have or not, that narrow pitch wouldn't suit their style of play. Funny old game.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

2 or 3. Lol. More likely 6 or 7

• Like 2

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Not surprised The Bulls beat Toulouse on their joke of a pitch, especially with the guys out for Toulouse and the Leeds players brought in by the Bulls, I think it may be a bit different on the return fixture. There will be a few strange results this season.

I believe only one Leeds player featured. I’m no Bradford fan but credit where it’s due, that’s the first time Toulouse have lost away from home in a championship league fixture since 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They do, but Catalans have a few out injured themselves I think?

Yes, you are right, TPH.  Catalans began today's game against Leigh with nine Frenchmen on the pitch and three (four, if you count Tiaki Chan) on the bench.  They also had a reserve team fixture in Elite 1, which turned out to be a 12-58 thumping at the hands of Avignon.  So, really nobody to offer to Toulouse today.

Toulouse have explicitly said that, this year, they will be augmenting their quite small first team squad with local youngsters.  That is commendable (even if financially necessary!), but will result in the occasional defeat not necessarily entirely in accordance with the form book, as today.

• Like 2

After going to Toulouse and watching the Knights kids last week this result doesn't surprise me at all. Toulouse aren't that good. I'm fully confident that if York have anywhere near a full strength side they will turn them over at home later in the season. Fev are way ahead and Toulouse aren't guaranteed 2nd, they will get beat a fair few times this season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

I did read it again, you said York had 2 or 3 players missing.

I'm not sure why this is proving so difficult to understand. As I have already repeated once - and you claim to have read again - I said York had 2 or 3 players missing from the Toulouse game compared with the Bradford game. 

If you are saying I am wrong, how many players are you saying were missing from the Toulouse game compared to the Bradford game? 

The point I was making was that York fielded a stronger team against Bradford than against Toulouse. Are you disagreeing with this?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rich f said:

After going to Toulouse and watching the Knights kids last week this result doesn't surprise me at all. Toulouse aren't that good. I'm fully confident that if York have anywhere near a full strength side they will turn them over at home later in the season. Fev are way ahead and Toulouse aren't guaranteed 2nd, they will get beat a fair few times this season. 

Absolutely agree. 

• Like 1

Great result from 1-17 at 18-8 down looked like we was going keep it close or collapse. Toulouse lost there heads thought they could just bull us and was them that got bullied couple could be getting bans. Punch thrown by a French player not seen by officials Lawrence asked number times about it told to go away which started a second scruffle where a Toulouse player head butted Blackmore so can see more action taken.

as for Leeds players ab was correct we only played one a winger we was down 2-3 players aswell. Lads dug deep Bradford of last year lost this game 50 odd 8.

Here  you go watch :kolobok_man_in_love: the Bulls greatest win pay particular attention to the bulls great defence and all the tries in the second half with TO players in the bin but particularly when a TO player had his back turned to the play arguing with the ref priceless any way enough from me enjoy the magnificent all conquering Bradford Bulls:kolobok_grin::kolobok_yahoo: