Sat 11th Mar: SL: Hull FC v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00 (OurLeague)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/23 at 15:30

• John Drake changed the title to Sat 11th Mar: SL: Hull FC v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00 (OurLeague)

From reading the output of various Salford posters on here and elsewhere on the internet, they're struggling to field a full 17. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure they'll put up a good scrap. Having had our ar ses kicked substantially last week, I'm even less confident than normal, if that is possible.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

From reading the output of various Salford posters on here and elsewhere on the internet, they're struggling to field a full 17. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure they'll put up a good scrap. Having had our ar ses kicked substantially last week, I'm even less confident than normal, if that is possible.

That's odd I think the opposite, without the latest injuries I would've been a bit more on the side of a Salford win.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, Oxford said:

That's odd I think the opposite, without the latest injuries I would've been a bit more on the side of a Salford win.

Yes, but this is a game involving Hull FC.

One cannot make assumptions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Hi Rob, it seems it doesn't matter who the coach is at your place it seems it is in the DNA of the club to throw a wobbly one in when things are looking up, with Leigh shoving Catalan so close in France (and only losing on what was reported as a dubios call from the official) the previous week I expected FC to win last week, but then again as you elude to you never know which Hull FC is going to turn up.

Can you please have good performances for the next two weeks befor Leigh arrive on the 23rd then throw another wobbly one, I will be attending that game so can I ask is there a good watering hole close to the ground in the vicinity of the coach park?

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

(and only losing on what was reported as a dubious call from the official)

'arry, a dubious call, give me a break.....

The truth is more or less 99.999etc % of calls are quite correct and the difference between winning and losing should be based on all the ones not given that the crowd don't even notice. I blame the obsession with offside and holding down for this plague of Specsaver type problems at games.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I didn't apart from availabilty in the two packs but I think it's nice you keep up the tradition of deep doom and gloom followed by wonderful surprise when FC win at home.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Oxford said:

'arry, a dubious call, give me a break.....

The truth is more or less 99.999etc % of calls are quite correct and the difference between winning and losing should be based on all the ones not given that the crowd don't even notice. I blame the obsession with offside and holding down for this plague of Specsaver type problems at games.

Only passing on the information I was given, it was the opinion of the informant that the official made a mistake which was beneficial to Catalan obtaining the victory, it happens, I am sure over the course of the season Leigh will be the beneficiary of a bad call.

11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Welcome to my world.

• Haha 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Salford were demolishing Wire last week then it all went Pete Tong! Both of these teams are capable of rocks/diamonds performances so I reckon FC will take it if the crowd get behind them.

Snowing heavily in Hull this morning but the forecast for tomorrow is sunshine and light winds. Should be very good conditions for the game. Hopefully the Trans Pennine routes will all be clear by then for anybody travelling over.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Hopefully the Trans Pennine routes will all be clear by then for anybody travelling over.

Nah, I’m not that despondent, I’ll be staying in Hull and going to the game.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Nah, I’m not that despondent, I’ll be staying in Hull and going to the game.

Bloody hell, that makes a nice change.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It doesn't take long for Salford to reply. Sneyd breaks, Hoy does well to stop Brierly from scoring, but they ship it to the other side of the field and there's just too many numbers. Its a really open game so far. 4-6 to Salford.