Wire really marketing the Leigh game

6 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

I doubt 90% of people on here will be able to open that link cos it's on "the gram" innit fam!😁

I'm assuming it's Doctor Grant's first sighting of a leopard walking on 2 paws ? 😂

50 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That’s not marketing. 

It definitely is 

• Like 4

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

13 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It definitely isn’t. 

There’s literally no detail. It’s just poking Beaumont with a stick and getting the inevitable reaction. 

Why does marketing have to have detail?

It is designed to get a bit of a laugh out of their fans, and perhaps keep them motivated to attend the game when it comes to attend. It might also get a couple more Leigh fans to attend as they may be more motivated than before to want to get a win because of it.

• Like 2

I think the best promotion for this game was Leigh turning over the mighty Saints; think that will see boosts to both the home and away support.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

It might not be specifically advertising ticket sales for the game, but it's all part of building their general following on the various platforms, which in turn helps with their marketing. If they'd just put out a generic poster with ticket prices, it wouldn't get shared at all

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Click said:

Why does marketing have to have detail?

It is designed to get a bit of a laugh out of their fans, and perhaps keep them motivated to attend the game when it comes to attend. It might also get a couple more Leigh fans to attend as they may be more motivated than before to want to get a win because of it.

It’s content creation, which is fine for social media and the purpose of social media. They know there’s an easy target (Beaumont) who will inevitably react to their prodding and it will be an exchange of friendly content. Marketing, I’d argue, it is not. It’ll probably do quite well in terms of social media engagement, predominantly from Leigh and Wire fans, which is one of the IMG criteria.

I highly doubt anyone is going to be swayed by some tongue in cheek “banter” (god, I hate that word) but we live in strange times. 

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It’s content creation, which is fine for social media and the purpose of social media. They know there’s an easy target (Beaumont) who will inevitably react to their prodding and it will be an exchange of friendly content. Marketing, I’d argue, it is not. It’ll probably do quite well in terms of social media engagement, predominantly from Leigh and Wire fans, which is one of the IMG criteria.

I highly doubt anyone is going to be swayed by some tongue in cheek “banter” (god, I hate that word) but we live in strange times. 

You are probably right - this sort of thing might not appeal to those outside of the game. I am not sure if it is a different video on here that I saw with the Leopard, but I found it amusing, I imagine if it was put out on TikTok it could do well as a funny video. Just because it isn't explicit in saying "Come watch Warrington v Leigh on X date, prices are X" doesn't mean it isn't part of the social media strategy to get more involvement. It is all a part of a marketing strategy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

That’s not marketing. 

It made me show it to my young kids...they laughed and loved it

For weeks they have been winding me up about wanting to support the leapords (when wearing animal print tops or head bands) 

These are kids with southern accents who have no clue where Leigh is 

It's great publicity / marketing ! 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It made me show it to my young kids...they laughed and loved it

For weeks they have been winding me up about wanting to support the leapords (when wearing animal print tops or head bands) 

These are kids with southern accents who have no clue where Leigh is 

It's great publicity / marketing ! 

Are your kids not keen Trainspotters then? 

• Haha 3

Remember when the world existed without TikTok, Instagram, Facebook etc? Bloody blissful!😂

Can't go 5 minutes without my phone vibrating now because a friend/family member wants to share "content". The world's bl00dy obsessed with Social Media! And before any of you say it, in my eyes spending 20 minutes a day on a RL forum doesn't count, it's totally different!🙂

PS. While we're on the subject of Warrington... WTF was Karl Fitzpatrick wearing in his left ear on an interview I saw with him over the weekend?! Looked like something Kevin Rowland out of Dexy's might've worn.😳

Edited by SalfordSlim

44 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Remember when the world existed without TikTok, Instagram, Facebook etc? Bloody blissful!😂

Can't go 5 minutes without my phone vibrating now because a friend/family member wants to share "content". The world's bl00dy obsessed with Social Media! And before any of you say it, in my eyes spending 20 minutes a day on a RL forum doesn't count, it's totally different!🙂

PS. While we're on the subject of Warrington... WTF was Karl Fitzpatrick wearing in his left ear on an interview I saw with him over the weekend?! Looked like something Kevin Rowland out of Dexy's might've worn.😳

I came off all social media 11 years ago after a family 'incident' 

..and I mean truly nothing at all (only had Facebook anyway and that was deleted)

Best thing I ever ever did ...highly recommend it 

I don't consider this social media 😀 but I spend an hour a day in total on it

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Tongue or cheek? 

Or worse it could be read

god, I hate that word. 😁