Fri 24th Mar: SL: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/03/23 at 20:30

15 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

No then we just have that farce last night.

Well no. Currently if you give away a 6 again on first or second tackle it’s not a big punishment so teams do it to set their line. A penalty on these tackles is a much bigger punishment same with when you are bringing the ball away from your line 6 agains don’t help but penalties do.  Once you get to third/ fourth tackle 6 agains start to hurt. 

• Like 2

And they score through King.

18-16, ktc.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Harry Smith makes it a four point game,

20-16.

Salford's fitness has been found out big time here. That Bourouh fella looks like he has eaten all the Börek.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

That was Salford's game to win but they came up short.

Credit to Wigan, their experience carried them through even though they weren't quite at their best.

Pretty disappointing from Wigan. To beat Saints in particular is going to take a lot more than relying on French or Field to do something special. I'm not sure what is happening with Harry Smith but he's just not kicking on at all.

Saw from just before Salford going eight points clear and it took a little while but Wigan dominated that last twenty or so but it was pretty heavily reliant on French and Field, which is understandable when their pack isn’t the strongest. It’ll work more often than it won’t for them, mind. 

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Pretty disappointing from Wigan. To beat Saints in particular is going to take a lot more than relying on French or Field to do something special. I'm not sure what is happening with Harry Smith but he's just not kicking on at all.

Agreed on Smith.

Bevan wasted on wing.

Salford ran out of steam there but Wigan were bang average. Reminded me a lot of early season Leeds under Brian McDermott; pretty average in what looks like an even game for an hour/seventy minutes, then just step it up a gear whilst the opponents drop off to win.

Its immensely frustrating for supporters!

I thought it was an excellent, entertaining game full of incidents and quality individual plays.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

Smith is fine. He’s the leading assist maker in the league so far this season (well, he was until tonight) and this was his first iffy performance. His halfback partner is dying on his backside. I wouldn’t know Cust was even on the field half the time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Agreed on Smith.

Bevan wasted on wing.

Smith is on his own in terms of our halfbacks. Cade Cust played more 9 than 6 in Oz and you can tell. He’s in hiding most of the time and takes no responsibility. 

• Like 1

It was a good game SRD unlucky but that's the way it goes sometimes. Well done w w w w w w ... oh it's no god I just can't say it!

• Haha 2

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

16 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Smith is fine. He’s the leading assist maker in the league so far this season (well, he was until tonight) and this was his first iffy performance. His halfback partner is dying on his backside. I wouldn’t know Cust was even on the field half the time. 

He's not fine and he wasn't fine last season either. Cust played well last season but this season he has been poor, as have most of the team.

26 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Agreed on Smith.

Bevan wasted on wing.

I do agree with French being wasted on the wing. As good as he was there last season for me he isn't really a winger. Easily his best spell at Wigan was when he played full back, when Field was injured at the start of his Wigan career and he was devastating there. So is Field obviously but I think its worth continuing to try Field in the halves and French at full back to get them both involved in the game more.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Believe Cust was reserve grade at Manly.

He should not be starting at 6 IMHO.

Back up for 6 and 9 and got minutes off the bench most weeks. He’s dying on his backside this year. Saw a thread on an independent Wigan forum debating if we could ‘convince him’ to stay! I couldn’t believe my eyes! The job of convincing is all on his back. He had a good 3-4 months at the start of last season and has been average or worse since. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

I do agree with French being wasted on the wing. As good as he was there last season for me he isn't really a winger. Easily his best spell at Wigan was when he played full back, when Field was injured at the start of his Wigan career and he was devastating there. So is Field obviously but I think its worth continuing to try Field in the halves and French at full back to get them both involved in the game more.

We’ll have to do that to try and see us through this iffy spell. The forwards aren’t good enough and Cust is missing in action. If you have French at 1 and Field at 6, you can always pinch games, as we’ve done tonight. The team as always defends it’s nuts off, so you can survive on moments. 

Edited by WN83