v Halifax.

RLDB

1 hour ago, 2Cents said:

Their coach is blaming 'the heavy pitch conditions', which I thought was a pretty dry, non-muddy surface considering all the rain.

I clearly was at a different game if Grix thought it was a heavy pitch, he could have come up with a better excuse than that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Cents said:

Yes, it was a great team performance, but let's not overlook it was the individual skill and determination of that man Jarred Sammut who scored the last try that won us the game.

Halifax fans on their FB are roasting their team for losing to 'bottom-of-the table, average Barrow', after beating Featherstone away last week.

Their coach is blaming 'the heavy pitch conditions', which I thought was a pretty dry, non-muddy surface considering all the rain.

The Panthers will be seeking revenge next week at home, making our task that much harder.

We were dreadful against Fax in the cup,they took their chances we didn't but they did deserve to win so great win for your lads today.

• Like 1

image.png.2111f07b38904c600f125afe40d4787f.png

162 Points Against is just above the league average of 152 Points Against and is NOT a huge problem.

Take out Featherstone and Toulouse and the average Points Against per game is 165.  

That means we have a better than average defence.

So why are we 13th and 2nd last in the league?

98 Points For is way below the league average of 130 Points For or 14 points per game this Season and that IS the issue that Cresta needs to focus on.

Last Season, we finished 4th and scored an average of 28 points per game and we all know what the difference is this Season...

• Like 1

If we are average (which we have been till today) then what does that say about Fax today... how they won at Fev is unreal

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

8 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

What a difference a week makes!Told you rugby league fans where fikkle! 🏉😂

Not fickle, just honest. The fact the players stayed at training one night during the week till past 10 o clock and thrashed it out shows things weren’t right, and I’d say a few home truths were told, it worked!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Vet said:

I clearly was at a different game if Grix thought it was a heavy pitch, he could have come up with a better excuse than that

Wait till they see the video. They'll see what nonsense that statement is. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 2

Broady had great game as well today. Is Cressy injured Again?

Nice to have 2 excellent fullbacks!!

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

1 hour ago, morty said:

Broady had great game as well today. Is Cressy injured Again?

Nice to have 2 excellent fullbacks!!

It’s great to see competing for places in the team gives the coaching staff a real decision to make, 2 great lads who bring different things to the team and local lads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gus Tyson said:

what a turn around, brilliant team effort.

our pack dominated theirs which is a first for us this season and the kick chases were brilliant, shut them down early and forced errors. 

Our time was coming was a matter of time before a big performance like that thought 1-17 were class and Kicking game was great kicking early in the set from sammut and johnstone. Shane Toal was great today and Danny Langtree was class as always. Liked the look of that Thornley big lad who makes a lot of yards and strong in defence if only we could tie him down on loan for the full year instead of a month. COYR

• Like 2

12 hours ago, morty said:

If we are average (which we have been till today) then what does that say about Fax today... how they won at Fev is unreal

I'm a Fev fan and Fax turned up on the day and Fev didn't and in this league this season a lot of teams are on a par with each other. Fev are good and don't get me wrong but they have to prove their ability with some stiff away games to come. Nobody is unbeatable and well done with your win.

• Like 1

Well done on your win , Halifax are complaining at Grix resting players , Grix complaining about the pitch .......absolute rubbish . If you don`t turn up in this division you get turned over . This division is going to turn up surprises every week so every Team needs to be tuned in every match .

• Like 5

16 hours ago, morty said:

It was 😆 but they were best of two poor teams on the day.

2 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Well done on your win , Halifax are complaining at Grix resting players , Grix complaining about the pitch .......absolute rubbish . If you don`t turn up in this division you get turned over . This division is going to turn up surprises every week so every Team needs to be tuned in every match .

Was Barrow's part of the pitch different to Fax's ? Lol,poor excuse that.

Good opportunity for some of the other squad players to play this weekend. 

Bret carter

Charlie Emslie

Rio Corkhill

Ellis Archer

Connor Saunders

Luke Creswell

Hanley Dawson

James Duerdon

Tom hopkins 

Edited by bruner
  • Like 1

There was nowt up with the pitch. For 60 minutes both teams were very average and honours were i would say were even. Barrow just about shaded it by keeping Fax penned in their own half for the last 20 minutes. We had a good night out in't Ambrose, Furness Railway and Duke of Edinburgh after the game talking to some good lads from Barrow. See you next week. 👍🏉🍺

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Strange as not really sure where grix has been blaming the pitch unless blaming individual errors and performances translates different up Cumbria. 😆

I saw an interview on Twitter where he made a reference to “pitches like this”. 

As a neutral I don't think there was anything wrong with Grix's comments in that interview. He started by giving credit to Barrow and the only time he mentioned the pitch was in relation to his players trying risky offloads. Looking at the dirt on many of the Fax players' shorts and legs there was clearly some moisture left in the surface so I think that's a fair comment, it's not as if he's trying to blame the pitch or even complaining about it as some have tried to suggest on thisthread.

• Like 3

In their post-match interviews:

Simon Grix commented "This sort of field" - "Sloppy & Slippy".

Matty Gee commented "Conditions and the Pitch".

Not sure if these are excuses, but they are Irrelevant comments, as the field was the same for both sides.

Having said that, the rough and ready pitch was mentioned on this Forum last year and with so many matches being played, Furness Raiders, Women x 2, Amateur, Practice, Fund-Raising events, etc with 1000's on it, it's constantly in use and is taking a hammering. 

It's probably one of the poorer surfaces in the league.

Fortunately this year, the pitch hasn't turned into the quagmire that it was early last season for one particular game, when all 26 players were unrecognisable from each other, totally covered in mud from head to toe.

I'd be interested to know if Steve and the Board have set aside any funds to resurface or have any plans to improve the field anytime soon?  

18 hours ago, 2Cents said:

In their post-match interviews:

Simon Grix commented "This sort of field" - "Sloppy & Slippy".

Matty Gee commented "Conditions and the Pitch".

Not sure if these are excuses, but they are Irrelevant comments, as the field was the same for both sides.

Having said that, the rough and ready pitch was mentioned on this Forum last year and with so many matches being played, Furness Raiders, Women x 2, Amateur, Practice, Fund-Raising events, etc with 1000's on it, it's constantly in use and is taking a hammering. 

It's probably one of the poorer surfaces in the league.

Fortunately this year, the pitch hasn't turned into the quagmire that it was early last season for one particular game, when all 26 players were unrecognisable from each other, totally covered in mud from head to toe.

I'd be interested to know if Steve and the Board have set aside any funds to resurface or have any plans to improve the field anytime soon?  

I see there running a touch rugby competition on it shortly too. Only going to get worse.