Attendance thread

I really enjoyed the comfort and warm welcome that St James's Park provided during my time at Eng Sam RLWC. However, if anyone is looking for other options, perhaps they could consider Nottingham? The Forest's ground is nearby and there are plenty of pubs in the area, making it a convenient location for everyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RugoBy said:

I really enjoyed the comfort and warm welcome that St James's Park provided during my time at Eng Sam RLWC. However, if anyone is looking for other options, perhaps they could consider Nottingham? The Forest's ground is nearby and there are plenty of pubs in the area, making it a convenient location for everyone.

My son who ' uni'd ' in Nottingham suggested it a while back , but it needs that new stand first for the capacity 

4 hours ago, RugoBy said:

It’s far too small as a venue. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Canberra Raiders are said to be playing in front of their biggest home crowd they’ve had since Smell M’Finger’s last match. Crowd are up for it and it’s an awesome match.

21082 attendance

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Disappointed with tonight's 6K at Leigh , the team deserve more 

Trolling aside 

Glorious Friday evening and a successful team, that doesn't bode well. 

8 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

17,088 at Saints. 

Disappointing no sell out? Capacity 18k? Or was there a reason. 

11 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

And that’s just based on the announced figure

You think it was less? Anyway given the size of Leigh and it’s proximity to much bigger RL teams, and massive football teams, any 5k+ crowd is superb. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You think it was less? Anyway given the size of Leigh and it’s proximity to much bigger RL teams, and massive football teams, any 5k+ crowd is superb. 

It looked like 6 to me 

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

Depends if the other games you’re comparing to were also random numbers plucked out of the air. Pretty shameless across the game tbf. 

North looked ( felt ) close to full , west was over 3 quarters , so add in the Hull 400 and the east stand and 6 sounds about right 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Might be quite superb for Leigh but not good enough for SL.

Top tier should be pulling 10k plus every week.

Anyone pulling less are making the numbers up and are surviving off a benefactor or central funding which is not sustainable 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Anyone pulling less are making the numbers up and are surviving off a benefactor or central funding which is not sustainable 

It's been done to death , but hey , why not 

So WHO exactly do you suggest will bring in bigger crowds , right now ? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leonard said:

Disappointing no sell out? Capacity 18k? Or was there a reason. 

Saints had sold their allocation Leonard, but it’s a pity the club don’t sell tickets in the East Stand to home supporters. I wouldn’t have a problem standing with fans from another team. But i suppose the club might think “if we are going to let the public get blitzed on our ground with the ale we are serving them, we are better keeping them in separate stands”.  
There was quite a few people who had a bit too much to drink and those same people missed large parts of the game as they was at the bar or in the bogs having a wee or having a wee while smoking weed. 

I am not that keen standing at a game with pished up men & women, i had a couple of mates who was like that yesterday.
I should’ve gone in my wet weather pants and my work boots because i would’ve been dryer. But i try and think of a positives when sloshed people are around me and that is Saints will be making a couple of pound from the sale of ale to these alcoholics…….sorry fans.
The club must’ve made a tidy sum at the bars last night. 

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

A common mistake made by folk who draw a wage off somebody else. 10000 at £15 is far worse than 6000 at £25. Friday nights bring in higher revenue per head but less heads, the club must build its ST base on the back of this season

2 hours ago, yipyee said:

I agree with the sentiments for every SL match should be 10k plus.

The reality is, there are many clubs falling well short of 10k per match, so to highlight this in particular for a club which is significantly growing, has had a fabulous return to SL seems to be making a point against the wrong club.

I am not even sure Toulouse or Fev could be averaging as high as Leigh are in their first year (what was Toulouse’s avg last yr compared to Leigh’s YTD?).

• Like 1