Attendance thread

52 minutes ago, Damien said:

And another NZ Warriors sellout already for next week:

That’s absolutely amazing and against the lowly dragons as well.

im going to steal this tweet and put it in the warriors thread 👍

Edited by Havenlad80

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

1709 at Sheffield last night, a record for the OLP

Superb, I used to watch the Eagles now and again in the mid 90s and would love to see them back at the top table, or just thriving in the championship, they deserve it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Pitiful looking crowd here for Tigers v Dolphins. 

Sub 10k it turns out. There were more people watching the Giants v Bombers match in person just down the road.

The Tigers really are poor. Shame, it was a very entertaining finish.

Edited by Sports Prophet

22 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

They sure were, which is such a shame to see them where they are now.

What was it about Bull Mania that had them rolling through the gates @Damien?

Why can’t it be replicated at Huddersfield and Wakefield and Castleford?

Different times, different attitudes, different society not as much competition for leisure time/money

Excellent marketing man in Deakin.

Robust, aggressive and some would say unethical marketing and promoting in towns with existing RL clubs.

Thousands of free tickets in schools, local papers, shops, pubs, workplaces etc.

And winning.

Edited by meast

10 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Sub 10k it turns out. There were more people watching the Giants v Bombers match in person just down the road.

The Tigers really are poor. Shame, it was a very entertaining finish.

The West Tigers like being on the road and playing out of multiple stadiums so lets just move them permanently to the Central Coast or Perth and stop fannying around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EggFace said:

The West Tigers like being on the road and playing out of multiple stadiums so lets just move them permanently to the Central Coast or Perth and stop fannying around.

I honestly think that the best solution would be to demerge the club and relocate the tigers half to Brisbane and keep the western suburbs half in western Sydney as the western magpies playing out of Campbeltown or ideally Liverpool.

then bring in Perth and NZ2 and the NRL are set up for the next 20-25 years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

A huge crowd in Newcastle have seen a great match against the Bunnies.

Was at the game, awesome in every way. Sold out, 29,018 attendance and highest since 2012.

7 in a row, best winning run in 20 years.

Edited by Omott91
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EggFace said:

What makes you think either CC or Perth want the Tigers?

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

What makes you think either CC or Perth want the Tigers?

It wouldn’t be the tigers per se that the central coast or Perth want but the actual NRL licence of the tigers.

personally speaking I think the best chance the central coast ever had for a professional RL team was 1st with the proposed move by the north Sydney bears to the central coast in 1997 and then 2nd when the bears move to the central coast fell through the merged bears and manly northern eagles club which only lasted 3 seasons.

after this the only other possible scenario was relocating the sea eagles to the central coast but with the sea eagles redeveloping their ground and building the centre of excellence this is now completely dead in the water.

As for Perth I think that NRL franchise bid team is strong enough to be a standalone venture without relocating a current NRL team or going 50-50 with a defunct Sydney club like the bears or Newtown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omott91 said:

Was at the game, awesome in every way. Sold out, 29,018 attendance and highest since 2012.

7 in a row, best winning run in 20 years.

That crowd is nothing short of incredible considering the knights league placing and previous poor seasons.

it just goes to show that Newcastle is truly a Australian rugby league stronghold like Brisbane and makes you wonder what kind of crowds the knights could pull in Newcastle with a winning team and some success?

Incidentally I thought the capacity of the knights stadium was 33k?

It’s amazing how many people are happy to say ‘just close a team down and move it to the other side of a continent’, with zero thought about that team’s fans. I wonder how they’d feel if someone said that about their team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

It’s amazing how many people are happy to say ‘just close a team down and move it to the other side of a continent’, with zero thought about that team’s fans. I wonder how they’d feel if someone said that about their team. 

Yeah definite culture clash there. I can never understand those who talk about moving clubs like that.

• Like 2

On 20/08/2023 at 07:45, langpark said:

Toulouse vs Swinton was held in Carcassonne yesterday. Anyone know how many turned up? 

On their forum, a Toulouse fan sugested "1,000, 1,500 absolute maximum" but it was reported as 2,430 in today's League Express.

I've said it before but the reporting of attendances is going to become a hot topic (and it already should be) with the clear possibility that averaging over 3,000 will make the difference between being awarded a place in SL or remaining in the Championship. There have been a number of very questionable attendances in the Championship this year in my opinion, especially as we know that the IMG grading handbook specifically states you can't include non-present season ticket holders.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 2