Sat 15th-Sun 16th Apr: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

53 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Thormanball still not working then….

Promoting clubs who fail to earn it on the field doesn't seem to have worked,either.

Way to go!....

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

37 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Good win for Batley. Just looking at results it seems like Bradford are lost without their Leeds dual reg contingent.

Weren't the dual reg players being blamed when Keighley handed them their ######?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Newcastle are toast by the look of it.

Barrow aren't that bad, surely? And Haven have picked up a lot of points now. Swinton as the second relegated club?

I thought it was one down to be honest. Yeah would worry for Swinton now. Hope they stay up though

Bradford don't have enough quality through their squad to trouble top six without a leg up from SL

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Just like Batley to be fair

Probably just a cup final hangover for the Bulls. 😉

Fax V York game very dour and a bit of a borefest. Fax never troubled and look badly out of sorts and low on confidence and York lucky to put 17 players on the pitch so probably a moral victory for them. Another 2 tries for Walmsley and in all honesty if we hold on to him them we have done very well, hes probably the most electric player outside of SL.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Probably just a cup final hangover for the Bulls. 😉

Fax V York game very dour and a bit of a borefest. Fax never troubled and look badly out of sorts and low on confidence and York lucky to put 17 players on the pitch so probably a moral victory for them. Another 2 tries for Walmsley and in all honesty if we hold on to him them we have done very well, hes probably the most electric player outside of SL.

He won't be there next season then.

Broncos kept going until the end well done to Fev good side.

Attendance given as over 900 (Personally i reckon 400 including maybe 80 odd from Rovers)

Wimbledon is a ball ache of a place to get to only 24 miles from our home in Kent took around 90  mins traffic terrible 20mph limits etc.

Will Wimbledon work long term IMHO not a cat in hells chance they need to be back in West London PDQ.

P

14 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Good win for Batley. Just looking at results it seems like Bradford are lost without their Leeds dual reg contingent.

I was happy to see your team gave up on that Phantom.

It must do wonders for team spirit, can you imagine the lads confidence left out on Monday for the Bulls and then coach says I didn't need you last week, but you just might be good enough for me this week, I would tell him to "swivell".

Even in SL my club have done it this season  taking Shorrocks on "loan" from Wigan, which ever way it is dressed up it is still "DR" by any other name, I absolutely detest it.

Scrap DR, it is abhorrent that teams playing for points on a league ladder should be allowed to do it, especially when prize money is at stake and even worse relegation, if we are to have "loans" between clubs make them a minimum of half a season or better still even a full season.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Another 2 tries for Walmsley and in all honesty if we hold on to him them we have done very well, hes probably the most electric player outside of SL.

Agree but is he good enough for SL? Tee Ritson held that mantle the last couple of years at Barra, and Briscoe at Fev went to Leeds but didn't make it hence back to Fev.

Q, which SL club would you expect to take a punt on Walmsley?

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think most Fev fans were to be honest Harry. I'm not criticising Bradford for using it btw as it's in the rules that they can, just observing that on recent form DR seems to make a big difference to them.

Yes it's in the rules, but who is it designed to help the most, the team recieving the player's or the 'impoverished' SL clubs who have more player's than they can accomodate?

Scrap it!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Agree but is he good enough for SL? Tee Ritson held that mantle the last couple of years at Barra, and Briscoe at Fev went to Leeds but didn't make it hence back to Fev.

I think Leigh may have an interest , Charnley has been better than most would have predicted this season and like us all time is not on his side .

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I were a little bit surprised/relieved when Saits took Ritson as Walmsley looked the better player last season and he seems to have kicked on again this year. The good side for us is he is not your prototypical SL winger but I have no doubt he would still continue to average over a try a game if he made the step up. Its either that or Fax are so good that we are making him look this good which to be fair is hard to believe this season. 🤣

16 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I were a little bit surprised/relieved when Saits took Ritson as Walmsley looked the better player last season and he seems to have kicked on again this year. The good side for us is he is not your prototypical SL winger but I have no doubt he would still continue to average over a try a game if he made the step up. Its either that or Fax are so good that we are making him look this good which to be fair is hard to believe this season. 🤣

The next step for Walmsley would be to step up to a top Championship club. I’m sure he’d fit in well at Fev 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

• Haha 1