Fri 14th Apr: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v St Helens KO 20:00

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/23 at 19:30

14 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

No, that was one Wigan fan who was talking bilge about us being unbeatable.

Not heard too much from him on that front for a while.

I have been busy. I used facts to show that Saints have been extraordinarily dominant in the Super League era, in a way which was astonishing when you consider the salary cap, and how that is a damning indictment of the rest of the league. The facts remain the same, the future is yet to be written. I would say though that Saints playing as well as they did against Penrith in October will see 5 in a row. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

EW to be precise. 

It was indeed. I have been too busy to post much at all, but if anyone does have any issues they can always send me a personal message. It seems odd to be pilloried for talking up a team by fans of that team, but if that is honestly the most annoying thing in Saints’ fans lives then there really isn’t much I can do about it. 

Saints started out in very aggressive style and with their usual fast line speed which is so good you think they must be off side. They got a very good try to open the scoring with their first venture into Rovers 20 and I thought 'we've been good front runners now we have to come from behind'. Rovers didn't have too many chances in the first half but Mikey Lewis took the one we had in brilliant style.

Just before half time Lees did a real clothes hanger which incredibly referee Thaler wasn't even going to penalise until the intervention of the touch judge, Play on became a penalty and a sin binning and Coote's goal made it 8-8 at HT which was fair.

Second half was absolutely dominated by Rovers. Saints found it tough to get out of their own half most of the time. Abdull rained bombs on Makinson who collected each and every one superbly but was immediately smothered near to his own goal line every time.

Saints had a few missing in particular Walmsley but Rovers were also 3 short from their derby destruction of Hull. Frankly I don't care this was Rovers first win over Saints for a few years and totally deserved. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Saints started out in very aggressive style and with their usual fast line speed which is so good you think they must be off side. They got a very good try to open the scoring with their first venture into Rovers 20 and I thought 'we've been good front runners now we have to come from behind'. Rovers didn't have too many chances in the first half but Mikey Lewis took the one we had in brilliant style.

Just before half time Lees did a real clothes hanger which incredibly referee Thaler wasn't even going to penalise until the intervention of the touch judge, Play on became a penalty and a sin binning and Coote's goal made it 8-8 at HT which was fair.

Second half was absolutely dominated by Rovers. Saints found it tough to get out of their own half most of the time. Abdull rained bombs on Makinson who collected each and every one superbly but was immediately smothered near to his own goal line every time.

Saints had a few missing in particular Walmsley but Rovers were also 3 short from their derby destruction of Hull. Frankly I don't care this was Rovers first win over Saints for a few years and totally deserved. 

A very good and fair assessment of the game. As a Saints supporter I have no complaints about the outcome. The best team won. I'm getting used to saying that this season. 

After Lees got binned we didn't get going again until the last ten minutes. Rovers played with structure and composure whereas we were the exact opposite. Was a pleasure to visit HKR last night even if the result didn't go my way. Great atmosphere last night. 

I knew i shouldn’t have gone, instead i should’ve ripped up my ticket and stayed at home. Fair credit to Rovers they was coasting in the second half and we’re far superior, oh for someone who has a kicking game. We did miss most of our pack but the likes of Lees don’t help the side with his  discipline. 
I have been told that at 2.46pm today Hurrell had finally managed to turnaround from the HKR kick through.

I can’t see where the next Saints victory is coming from, whether with a fully fit squad or a missing the pack we are garbage.

I don’t think Wellens has got a clue what he is doing, and Frayssinous hasn’t either. I’m sure Wellens took Bell off and then a minute later put him back on again. It’s not worth getting rid of him until the end of the season. I am sure he is reading from the same after match script that Cunningham had. 

Even with only a 4 from 8 results so far I have to say I’m not that concerned about Saints at the moment, and especially not with that result last night. Rovers  are a good team especially at home so getting a result there is always tough. But when you’ve got almost your entire pack missing it’s virtually impossible so to lose by only 2 scores isn’t that bad.

you take Walmsley, Paasi, Sironen, Batchelor, Mata’utia, Knowles and Norman out of any team and they would struggle away at HKR.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

19 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I have been busy. I used facts to show that Saints have been extraordinarily dominant in the Super League era, in a way which was astonishing when you consider the salary cap, and how that is a damning indictment of the rest of the league. The facts remain the same, the future is yet to be written. I would say though that Saints playing as well as they did against Penrith in October will see 5 in a row. 

Alot depends on injuries and suspensions of course.

4 hours ago, Josef K said:

I knew i shouldn’t have gone, instead i should’ve ripped up my ticket and stayed at home. Fair credit to Rovers they was coasting in the second half and we’re far superior, oh for someone who has a kicking game. We did miss most of our pack but the likes of Lees don’t help the side with his  discipline. 
I have been told that at 2.46pm today Hurrell had finally managed to turnaround from the HKR kick through.

I can’t see where the next Saints victory is coming from, whether with a fully fit squad or a missing the pack we are garbage.

I don’t think Wellens has got a clue what he is doing, and Frayssinous hasn’t either. I’m sure Wellens took Bell off and then a minute later put him back on again. It’s not worth getting rid of him until the end of the season. I am sure he is reading from the same after match script that Cunningham had. 

Hero to zero! he can't help it that Walmsley is held together with sticking plaster and Knowles etc are dishing out pain and now getting suspended give the fella a break. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Even with only a 4 from 8 results so far I have to say I’m not that concerned about Saints at the moment, and especially not with that result last night. Rovers  are a good team especially at home so getting a result there is always tough. But when you’ve got almost your entire pack missing it’s virtually impossible so to lose by only 2 scores isn’t that bad.

you take Walmsley, Paasi, Sironen, Batchelor, Mata’utia, Knowles and Norman out of any team and they would struggle away at HKR.

100% correct

Saint will fine when it matters. The wins against Huddersfield, Hull FC and Cas were all pretty close and could’ve gone the other way but they’ll be huge in the shake up. Saints will make the play offs and in whatever position they go in to them, if they’re healthy, they’ll still be the favourites in my mind to win the Grand Final. None of the defeats have been disasters, even last night was a fair effort and against a form team, with a full pack missing. 

Maybe I’m just a Wigan fan, scarred by these past few years but anyone thinking anything else is being naive IMO. It has Leeds winning it from 5th (or whatever it was) written all over it and I won’t believe anything else until they’re mathematically gone (and obviously we’re nowhere near that). 

2 hours ago, WN83 said:

100% correct

Saint will fine when it matters. The wins against Huddersfield, Hull FC and Cas were all pretty close and could’ve gone the other way but they’ll be huge in the shake up. Saints will make the play offs and in whatever position they go in to them, if they’re healthy, they’ll still be the favourites in my mind to win the Grand Final. None of the defeats have been disasters, even last night was a fair effort and against a form team, with a full pack missing. 

Maybe I’m just a Wigan fan, scarred by these past few years but anyone thinking anything else is being naive IMO. It has Leeds winning it from 5th (or whatever it was) written all over it and I won’t believe anything else until they’re mathematically gone (and obviously we’re nowhere near that). 

I’ve absolutely no doubt if Saints go into the play offs with a close to full strength squad available they wouldn’t be far off. I think the biggest issue is they won’t make the play offs 

3 minutes ago, Szymala said:

Anyone seen an attendance from the game ?

Rovers have said they’re only going to announce attendances quarterly. No idea why, seems totally random tbh 🤷‍♂️ 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Szymala said:

What nonsense is this from SL's social media poster boys ?

Worse things happen at sea, c'est la vie. In Rovers we trust!

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?