Fri 21st Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00

Who will win?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/04/23 at 19:30

Looks like another miserable night weather wise!

Can we have some summer Rugby please?

Will be a close one this, Not sure wether Sezer will be fit to play so not sure how we’ll line up, RS could put Sinfield in at half or go with Myler at Half and Handley at full back which worked OK last week.

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Looks like another miserable night weather wise!

Can we have some summer Rugby please?

Will be a close one this, Not sure wether Sezer will be fit to play so not sure how we’ll line up, RS could put Sinfield in at half or go with Myler at Half and Handley at full back which worked OK last week.

Of course the weather will be ###### , we've got another canzone pre match sorted , always rains when we do anything outside 

Leigh have been a worthy addition to Super League and clearly will retain their status for 2024.

The whole Leopards thing is a ghastly abomination which they didn't need but they have spent big and will win 2 for every 3 they lose.

I think this will be one of the 3 in 5 they lose.

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Rhinos are quite good defensively and I think they will stifle The Lizards in this one.

They haven't been early on in lots of games this year.....I suspect they will have enough for Leigh though and then run away it by 20 

Anyway...what band is playing ?

Also has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn at Leigh village? Tempted to go up and see the Leigh show myself on Friday and hotel is cheap !

9 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

They haven't been early on in lots of games this year.....I suspect they will have enough for Leigh though and then run away it by 20 

Also has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn at Leigh village? Tempted to go up and see the Leigh show myself on Friday and hotel is cheap !

Top loader 

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn while visiting family in Leigh. We were very impressed and will stay there again - fantastic buffet breakfast.  We got a room for well below posted rates.

• Like 1

Either a sneaky Leigh win, or a comfortable Rhinos win. I do however, predict a Richie Myler swan dive, a Leigh player getting yellow carded for that swan dive, and at least one forward pass in each of Leed's set of six. I did contact Skybet to build a bet, but they were not interested !!

On a more serious note, challenge is to keep Austin quiet and smack him early. Do that, he wouldn't want to know.

If Big Nene is playing, run at him all day. Lacky will have him chasing ghosts !!  I think he will be Marking Leutele and Charnley, so that is an interesting matchup.  I like Nene, but his defense is really poor. Could this be a game that Leigh get an unfancied win to make up for the Salford games ?

3 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Either a sneaky Leigh win, or a comfortable Rhinos win. I do however, predict a Richie Myler swan dive, a Leigh player getting yellow carded for that swan dive, and at least one forward pass in each of Leed's set of six. I did contact Skybet to build a bet, but they were not interested !!

On a more serious note, challenge is to keep Austin quiet and smack him early. Do that, he wouldn't want to know.

If Big Nene is playing, run at him all day. Lacky will have him chasing ghosts !!  I think he will be Marking Leutele and Charnley, so that is an interesting matchup.  I like Nene, but his defense is really poor. Could this be a game that Leigh get an unfancied win to make up for the Salford games ?

Nenes defence has been OK this year, maybe he fits better in Leeds structure ?

Hes made 52 tackles and missed 5

Charnley has missed the same amount of tackles but only made 35

I know Nene has played centre for a couple of games but hes not the calamity in D Leigh fans were making out.

Edited by Chrispmartha

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I know Nene has played centre for a couple of games but hes not the calamity in D Leigh fans were making out.

Can only comment on what we saw last season, where his performances tailed off towards the end of the season, after his red card at the summer bash. He also looked poor defensively at the world cup, more with his positioning than his tackling. Farnworth ran round him like he wasn't there.

He was fine when he was playing inside Inu, but we conceded some soft tries down that side when he was playing inside Charnley, so maybe an issue with combinations, or as you say, he's better within Leeds' structure. 

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Nenes defence has been OK this year, maybe he fits better in Leeds structure ?

Hes made 52 tackles and missed 5

Charnley has missed the same amount of tackles but only made 35

Structure as nothing to do with tackling technique,  he got found out in the world cup and didn't go unnoticed at leigh.