Sat 3rd Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 13:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/23 at 13:00

Sio strikes in see-saw spectacle!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

It’s been scrappy. But some of these tries have been exceptional.

This. I think this is what has made it a good game to watch for the neutrals. Both teams are capable of flashes of brilliance, a lot has not come off today but when it does its spectacular.

That's a cracker.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

46 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Poor quality game. Far too many errors & lack of set compketions.

Kendall yet again right royally screws Salford over. Terrible, terrible error. Especially with a VR 9n hand & it being a try.

Salford just are not clicking with the ball.

Rervers have produced far more from their territorial positions. If they up their completions they should take the points.

Batchelor looked in a bad way &  went down very awkwardly. Hope it's nothing more than a rest for a concussion.

And Saints not even in sight. 

It’s a terrible performance from us. I have moaned about the ref, he’s been terrible and this rolling about stuff has to stop. Scourge on the game. 

Can’t lose the two games we have in the last two and expect to make the playoffs. Half the squad is dead, brilliant. 

A breathless curate's egg of a game.

Salford 26:16 Hull KR

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The sin-binnings helped Salford's expansiveness. I think they lack punch but have a lot of speed and willingness to run and move the ball. To be honest, I sometimes think they look a bit like headless chickens, but that pull-back to put Brierley into space and his speed to straighten before finding Sio was an exhilarating try.

KR perhaps lack that speed but I think they look the better coached team. All the injuries and disruptions allied to bad handling didn't help their cause and certainly kept Salford in that game - a contest that swung with 15 or so minutes left.

Kendall is a little bit annoying, but I felt he got most of the calls correct. The Watkins try looked OK though, so he was probably just overly hasty there.

That was a game I feel KR should have won. A pretty enjoyable opener and the ball promotion from Salford can throw up some eye-catching long-range tries.