Fri 9th June : SL : Leigh Leopards v Hull FC KO 20:00

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Hull FC

Discuss the SL game between Leigh Leopards and Hull FC here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• ckn pinned this topic

Chris Satae out for Hull is a blow to them. He's one of their big guns.

Jack Brown likely to come in for him.

Skipper, Carlos Tuimevave is back into the squad and likely to come in inplace of Cameron Scott and young Davey Litten is also back and included in the squad although I'm not sure if he'll get in as I can't see Hull wanting to be making too many changes from the Magic Weekend victory.

Two in form teams, I think it will be a tight game.

I would have been confident in a Hull win before the loss of Satae, but the rest of the Hull middles will have to step up in his absence.

• Like 1

Will be present for this one, not sure if I'll be able to meet up with Harry Stottle as I did in the Leigh Miners' club some time back but if meeting at the LSV is a possibility then I'm up for it.

Earlier this season I would have said we had zip in the ways of chance but I think we'll be in the game for the most part and even may be in with a slight chance of sneaking it.

You heard it here first, me being remotely positive.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

17 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

With all our missing players it will be very tough against an in form FC

Don't worry you've got super Dan Norman coming to the rescue on loan 😁

When Saints signed him from the Championship given his size I think the club were hoping for another Walmsley type development but I have to say he's failed miserably so far. For whatever reason he looks like he's playing half heartedly in most games and for a front rower there's a worrying lack of aggression in attack & defence.

He's already been pushed down the pecking order at Saints by teenager Delaney and with both Knowles & Mata'utia getting game time in the front row he's probably only 7th choice prop at the club, so I think a loan move is probably the best thing for Norman now. Its rumoured he was joining Leigh for 2024 anyway.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

7 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Don't worry you've got super Dan Norman coming to the rescue on loan 😁

When Saints signed him from the Championship given his size I think the club were hoping for another Walmsley type development but I have to say he's failed miserably so far. For whatever reason he looks like he's playing half heartedly in most games and for a front rower there's a worrying lack of aggression in attack & defence.

He's already been pushed down the pecking order at Saints by teenager Delaney and with both Knowles & Mata'utia getting game time in the front row he's probably only 7th choice prop at the club, so I think a loan move is probably the best thing for Norman now. Its rumoured he was joining Leigh for 2024 anyway.

He was great for us last year on loan so more than happy for us to take him off your hands, admittedly it was in the championship, but he still shone playing alongside Amone, Asiata, O'Donnell so i'm optimistic Lam can get some performances out of him. He's probably a better fit for what we need than Saints also, Saints are stacked with high impact props like Paasi and Walmsley, Leigh have Mulhern and Amone who've been comfortably playing 60/70 minutes each week but are struggling with our bench options with Nakubuwai out.

Edited by LeytherRob
  • Like 1