Sheffield tonigh

DEANO

Not even a thread on it. Never gave up but desperately need some bodies back/ new signings. Can’t see where the next win is going to come from

• Like 2

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Think tonight might have been a hangover from all the effort on Sunday. Hard to raise your game week after week in a depleted team. In terms of interest here, maybe people are giving up on the season? It’s just one injury after another, a lack of transparency from the club and not much light at the end of the tunnel. Leigh must fancy beating their score of last year. Avoiding relegation is the priority now. I don’t think we are going to see some of our injured again until 2024 - assuming they are still with the club. Hopefully a new player or two might give us a lift? We need something, quickly.  

• Like 1

We had loads of effort tonight, but nothing else. |To be brutally honest, our defence was none existent, some of the tries we conceded were embarrassing. We offered nothing in attack either. I know we have injuries, but some of our players, especially the younger ones look absolutely shell shocked. At 10 -6 down, we were in the game, but two soft tries just before half time finished us off.

Unless the injuries are clearing up quickly, Clint needs to get his hand in his pocket and bring in reinforcements, if he doesn't, League 1 looks a more realistic possibility than Super League. 

• Like 3

Thought we looked completely broken tonight and unless the injuries miraculously clear up in the next few weeks we're in a relegation battle. Really don't know where we go from here. The young lads need a break now as well and all the team looked tired and worn out after Batley last sunday. There was nothing going forward and the defence was weak tonight. We were never in the game.

I don't blame the players as the effort was there but something has to change and quickly.  We have actually got away with this patched up side to a certain extent this season but tonight I felt it all came crashing down and reality hit. We are in real trouble and I can't see where the next win is coming from.

• Like 5

I can’t see an early end to our problems, we have four difficult games coming up, Leigh, well we all know how that will end up, sadly we could pick up more injuries as they are quite physical and our guys are absolutely done in, the younger players are not ready to be exposed to this level of intensity and could easily have whatever confidence they have left knocked out of them. Then Fev, Haven and Fax, all in the space of a week, absolute madness. You have to feel for the players they are getting knocked about and there is no time to recover. It is time for Clint to bring in some new blood, god knows where he will get them from now though, and who in their right mind would want to come with the situation as it is? The players we need to get us through this need to be seasoned pros not young kids who can get stuck in, sadly they cost money and have to be available you can’t just magic players up. The injury crisis we have is unprecedented in the time I have been following York, I can’t imagine what Hendo must be going through he can’t buy a win at the moment, and it is not through lack of effort we just don’t have the players pure and simple.

• Like 6

Thankfully there's about 6 weeks left before our semi in the 1895 cup , plenty of time to regain most of our injured , a wembley appearance and survival this season is what we must cling on to , next season is the one that really matters , Clint and Hendo with some good fortune will prove the right choice for the club .

• Like 3

At the start of the season, Clint saidThe three words that I said to the staff is this year what we’re really going to focus on is energy, engagement and entertainment.’

Hand on heart, are we delivering on any of them? I completely get we are in the midst of a huge injury crisis, just like we were in 2022, just like we were in 2021, and so on.

My post is probably more to do with the off field aspects, and I apologise now if I upset anyone. Usually people respond with look at where we were pre 2017, look at our facilities now etc. But we need to look to the future and think about where we are presently.

Energy - I’m pleased with the young players coming through, plenty of energy there. I don’t feel there’s a lot of spark off the pitch. Things seem stale.

Engagement - A huge let down. Under Jon Flatman I’d have given it 8/10, under Clint 2/10. I’m not just meaning lack of published attendances either. Where’s the vote for man of the match (have I missed it?)? I stopped doing the lottery because you shouldn’t have to chase your prize and wait 4 weeks, even though it’s not about the money. Under Flatman we had regular fish and chip fridays for the senior fans, we had themed matches, fun days (the one outside at Haxby training centre was a great event). We had regular fans forums, Jon often rang fans to see how they are, postcards were sent out to fans.

Entertainment - When we have had more 1st team players on the pitch I’ve been more entertained, under Hendo we have a slightly more vibrant attack. But again I was expecting big things from game day entertainment, instead it’s just a few people in giant balls.

======

I’m not saying it was all roses under Flatman - I’m still bemused as to why we didn’t really celebrate our 2018 promotion, my wife has pictures of a packed St Helen’s Square from the previous promotion with an open topped bus, whereas to celebrate 2018 we had an expensive meal at York Racecourse which a lot couldn’t afford. But communication was ten times better. 

The only saving points are the women’s team has really taken off and Hendo/Clint are still finding their feet so deserve time.

But for crying out loud, talk to us, engage with us, communicate with us.

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

At the start of the season, Clint saidThe three words that I said to the staff is this year what we’re really going to focus on is energy, engagement and entertainment.’

Hand on heart, are we delivering on any of them? I completely get we are in the midst of a huge injury crisis, just like we were in 2022, just like we were in 2021, and so on.

My post is probably more to do with the off field aspects, and I apologise now if I upset anyone. Usually people respond with look at where we were pre 2017, look at our facilities now etc. But we need to look to the future and think about where we are presently.

Energy - I’m pleased with the young players coming through, plenty of energy there. I don’t feel there’s a lot of spark off the pitch. Things seem stale.

Engagement - A huge let down. Under Jon Flatman I’d have given it 8/10, under Clint 2/10. I’m not just meaning lack of published attendances either. Where’s the vote for man of the match (have I missed it?)? I stopped doing the lottery because you shouldn’t have to chase your prize and wait 4 weeks, even though it’s not about the money. Under Flatman we had regular fish and chip fridays for the senior fans, we had themed matches, fun days (the one outside at Haxby training centre was a great event). We had regular fans forums, Jon often rang fans to see how they are, postcards were sent out to fans.

Entertainment - When we have had more 1st team players on the pitch I’ve been more entertained, under Hendo we have a slightly more vibrant attack. But again I was expecting big things from game day entertainment, instead it’s just a few people in giant balls.

======

I’m not saying it was all roses under Flatman - I’m still bemused as to why we didn’t really celebrate our 2018 promotion, my wife has pictures of a packed St Helen’s Square from the previous promotion with an open topped bus, whereas to celebrate 2018 we had an expensive meal at York Racecourse which a lot couldn’t afford. But communication was ten times better. 

The only saving points are the women’s team has really taken off and Hendo/Clint are still finding their feet so deserve time.

Think you speak for all us fans, great post thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

======

Can’t see you upsetting anyone with your post, it is the truth and what I would think the majority of fans have been thinking. I am sure it will turn out ok but we can’t bury our heads in the sand any longer or the fans we have got will start to leave us especially the new ones, they want to see success.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Can’t see you upsetting anyone with your post, it is the truth and what I would think the majority of fans have been thinking. I am sure it will turn out ok but we can’t bury our heads in the sand any longer or the fans we have got will start to leave us especially the new ones, they want to see success.

Us oldies aren't exactly over chuffed at the moment either, and, unlike Clint, we're not particularly planning for the long term. 

• Like 3

Everyone going on about “Clint”, but who is he? As I’ve said before, try and search his business and you don’t come up with much.  I suspect there’s a few of us on this forum who are worth more than him.  If you think he’s an Aussie white knight come to propel us to Super League, then I think you’re going to be disappointed. That said, I really hope he makes me eat my words. Let’s  see where we are in 12 months - probably a trip to London Skolars if things don’t improve.  

3 hours ago, Yorkstacker said:

I believe Brenden Santi has signed. 

Just a thought Luke Cooper very good championship prop played over 150 games for FEV would be a good punt only played once this year currently on loan at Donny he's well down the pecking order 6th choice at FEV

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, POR said:

Just a thought Luke Cooper very good championship prop played over 150 games for FEV would be a good punt only played once this year currently on loan at Donny he's well down the pecking order 6th choice at FEV

If he's not injured then we're not interested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AB Knight said:

======

With the injury problems we are having compared to season 21 and 22 i think this time it's a lot worse as we have lost so many players in key positions,but on the flip side we went into the season short of probably 2 big forwards and a centre which we did manage to address bringing in Levi ,don't really know what's going on behind the scenes ie,training and squad moral between the players.the performances this season have pretty awful apart from the Bradford and Sheffield(cup)games and so many supporters were moaning about the lack of entertainment under fordy ,but it has certainly not got that much better under Henderson this season don't know what actually went on at the end of season between Clint and Fordy ,but did hear from a couple of people that ford wanted to sign a certain player but was was told by Clint he couldn't sign him as Clint had already signed a player for that position for this season whether that had any reasoning why Ford decided to leave the club you would have to ask Ford or Clint if this was the case .It would be great if radio York could actually get Clint on the Radio to ask him why we have spent half our budget on players who are sat in the stands at the moment and unless we don't get 3 or 4 players in very quickly i think we aren't good enough to stay in this division and financially could leave the knights in a right mess if we ended going down to league one with players on big contracts,just feels like we have gone backwards as club this season.

• Like 1

What you've heard about Fordy wanting to sign a certain player is correct. There was another one as well. A coach has no chance if the chairman is signing players behind the coaches back.

At the last forum.,  Clint said there would be no more signings, and the meeting had more of a business meeting feel about it than a rugby forum.

It us time to stop ticking boxes to meet IMG criteria, and spend some money on the squad. The league table could look very interesting come 5.00 tomorrow.

6 hours ago, POR said:

Would love Choo Choo at the kneets. Tell him to get down here pdq 🙏

4 hours ago, Puk said:

With the injury problems we are having compared to season 21 and 22 i think this time it's a lot worse as we have lost so many players in key positions,but on the flip side we went into the season short of probably 2 big forwards and a centre which we did manage to address bringing in Levi ,don't really know what's going on behind the scenes ie,training and squad moral between the players.the performances this season have pretty awful apart from the Bradford and Sheffield(cup)games and so many supporters were moaning about the lack of entertainment under fordy ,but it has certainly not got that much better under Henderson this season don't know what actually went on at the end of season between Clint and Fordy ,but did hear from a couple of people that ford wanted to sign a certain player but was was told by Clint he couldn't sign him as Clint had already signed a player for that position for this season whether that had any reasoning why Ford decided to leave the club you would have to ask Ford or Clint if this was the case .It would be great if radio York could actually get Clint on the Radio to ask him why we have spent half our budget on players who are sat in the stands at the moment and unless we don't get 3 or 4 players in very quickly i think we aren't good enough to stay in this division and financially could leave the knights in a right mess if we ended going down to league one with players on big contracts,just feels like we have gone backwards as club this season.

At the end of the day Clint is a joke and if we don't get a super league slot he will be off like a bullet from a gun. I have said it before he is another John  Baychelor from the york city days. Some won't agree with me but I am fed up up with those who think otherwise