Netherlands International Fixtures for 2023 and 2024

kick them out of the RL family.. you dont plan internationals more than 6 months in advance its a rule.. (I assume its a rule anyway as there isnt any other logical explanation for it!)

• Haha 1

in all seriousness thats amazing to see well done to them and the other countries involved in having a plan going forward that people can work to, players and officials. 

• Like 1

Isn't this great?

How can they possibly do it? How can they afford it? How can they (ordinary people, simple human beings), coordinate such a monumental enterprise without standing by and waiting for the RFL to do it for them?

Surely it couldn't be a result of their own initiative? Their own efforts? That can't be right surely? Whatever next?

Does the forum think we should ask them if they would consider advising BARLA how to grow the game over here? 

21 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Last October I did Bulgaria v Malta in Sofia, now I'm thinking NL v Shqipëria in October. Amsterdam ✔️ Albania  ✔️.

Was in Tirana a couple of months ago - a great place with a fascinating (but sad) history. And super cheap!

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Don’t you then get told off for doing things behind the IRLF’s back, as they fail to arrange anything? 

Listed on the European Rugby League website so they are sanctioned fixtures.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Don’t you then get told off for doing things behind the IRLF’s back, as they fail to arrange anything? 

The only problems I could see about unilaterally organising your own games is if they interfere with a pre arranged IRL tournament or they cost the IRL money. Neither occurs here to my knowledge.

On 08/08/2023 at 19:48, ATLANTISMAN said:

Any matches near to Harlingen as i can stay FOC on the worlds last fully functioning pirate radio ship which is moored in the harbour:)

Pretty impressed with the "get it done" attitude of all concerned. All the best I say!!!

Atlantisman, I'd go for the Dutch v Serbia at Zwolle if you want to also go to Harlingen. The other nearest two are across the Ijsselmeer  and a 2 hour journey depending on traffic. Zaandam is just across the water from Amsterdam mind you. 

Mind me asking are we talking about KBC or Seagull? The latter has a couple of Salford lads broadcasting with them.

19 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Pretty impressed with the "get it done" attitude of all concerned. All the best I say!!!

Atlantisman, I'd go for the Dutch v Serbia at Zwolle if you want to also go to Harlingen. The other nearest two are across the Ijsselmeer  and a 2 hour journey depending on traffic. Zaandam is just across the water from Amsterdam mind you. 

Mind me asking are we talking about KBC or Seagull? The latter has a couple of Salford lads broadcasting with them.

Didn't know that what are their names ?

Its Seagull (KBC i think also used the same ship Jenni Beynton) there is a cartoon of it on our home page www.atlantisradio.uk We were going to use it for a promotion off Whitstable for 3 months however covid then safety issues put the kite wash on it.