This Week’s Disciplinary

22 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Also, side note, but given the fact that it was put on report do we not have to hear what the MRP have to say on the incident, i.e. penalty sufficient or legal move?

They said this in the case notes.

Player is trapped in the tackle between his teammate and opponent and body falls on top of opponent’s head. There is no separation from the player to his opponent or promotion to the head.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

36 minutes ago, jacksy said:

We dont know yet. However, quite a lot on here were very confident he abused the ref and therefore deserved the red.

He didn't abuse the ref.

Now your saying questioning the ref is worse and the same people will be agreeing with you. People should make there mind up.

Why don't we wait and find out eh?

Questioning the ref decisions might be just that. And nothing worse.

To a large extent I agree with you. I'm talking theoretically as you're right that I don't have the facts to judge this specific case. But again talking theoretically there's a big difference between questioning someone's decision and questioning their integrity and the claim is that the latter was involved in this case.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacksy said:

We dont know yet. However, quite a lot on here were very confident he abused the ref and therefore deserved the red.

He didn't abuse the ref.

Now your saying questioning the ref is worse and the same people will be agreeing with you. People should make there mind up.

Why don't we wait and find out eh?

Questioning the ref decisions might be just that. And nothing worse.

Questioning the ref , and questioning his ' integrity ' are 2 different things 

• Like 3

As I put on the other thread , it appeared to me that he gestured towards the fans when ' addressing ' the ref , that would suggest to me he said something to the tune of " you should be in there " 

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

As I put on the other thread , it appeared to me that he gestured towards the fans when ' addressing ' the ref , that would suggest to me he said something to the tune of " you should be in there " 

Here's a thought...was he possibly pointing at the screen?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Questioning the ref , and questioning his ' integrity ' are 2 different things 

Maybe maybe not. Lets wait and see eh?

I mean it's not like Mr Kendall hasn't got it wrong in the past is it.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Just now, jacksy said:

Here's a thought...was he possibly pointing at the screen?

Quite possibly , so what might have been his comment in that scenario ? , because as has been discussed , we are only guessing 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Quite possibly , so what might have been his comment in that scenario ? , because as has been discussed , we are only guessing 

I'm no expert but the facial, mouth contortions and body language of Griffin did not look aggressive to me. I am probably wrong but i think he was just saying check the screen and asking why that is a penalty and an earlier incident with him again was a lost ball.

But i admit i am probabaly completely wrong and you guys are right.

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Everybody gets things wrong , even me 

Mr Kendall alleged Bateman abused him and he was wrong. He was then demoted.

So its possible that he got this wrong.

4 minutes ago, jacksy said:

I'm no expert but the facial, mouth contortions and body language of Griffin did not look aggressive to me. I am probably wrong but i think he was just saying check the screen and asking why that is a penalty and an earlier incident with him again was a lost ball.

But i admit i am probabaly completely wrong and you guys are right.

Quite possibly 

8 hours ago, jacksy said:

Mr Kendall alleged Bateman abused him and he was wrong. He was then demoted.

So its possible that he got this wrong.

Shouldn't that say Master Kendall, because his actions are those of a spolt child. Not just on this occasion but on many previous and well reported occasions.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Faithful1865 said:

Shouldn't that say Master Kendall, because his actions are those of a spolt child. Not just on this occasion but on many previous and well reported occasions.

Judging by the amount of high profile games Mr Kendall recieves he must be adjudged to be our best official.

10 hours ago, jacksy said:

Maybe maybe not. Lets wait and see eh?

I mean it's not like Mr Kendall hasn't got it wrong in the past is it.

No maybe about it. There's definitely a difference between questioning an official and questioning his integrity. One suggests that you think he's got a decision wrong, the other suggests that you think he got it wrong deliverately.

Whether Griffin is guilty of the latter remains to be seen

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

I am basing my thoughts on the 1980's, but I'm sure that was only yesterday! 

Karen Carpenter Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Amazing how a week of cup ties absolutely stuffed with some of the dumbest sending off's I have ever seen comes back to how poor the ref's and disciplinary are.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Amazing how a week of cup ties absolutely stuffed with some of the dumbest sending off's I have ever seen comes back to how poor the ref's and disciplinary are.

Not just this weekend Dunny, there has been a recurring theme on these pages fir a long time regarding the quality of officials and the inconsistency of the disciplinary, I can't see how you have missed it?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not just this weekend Dunny, there has been a recurring theme on these pages fir a long time regarding the quality of officials and the inconsistency of the disciplinary, I can't see how you have missed it?

I am talking about this week.

There are now enough posters on here confirming that our match day officials are substandard either deliberately or accidentally that it's time for action.

1. Set up a closed  sub forum where critics can congregate and post evidence.

2. These same critics can then use that evidence as part of a sort of "class action" against the RFL, with a case so strong that they can no longer be ignored.

3.Thus leaving the rest of us to discuss the sport.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That you may be, but the topic is not in isolation as you word it.

The title is 'This Week's Disciplinary'.  I'm pretty sure it is about this week's disciplinary.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

There are now enough posters on here confirming that our match day officials are substandard either deliberately or accidentally that it's time for action.

1. Set up a closed  sub forum where critics can congregate and post evidence.

2. These same critics can then use that evidence as part of a sort of "class action" against the RFL, with a case so strong that they can no longer be ignored.

3.Thus leaving the rest of us to discuss the sport.

You do know it’s not compulsory to contribute to a thread,especially one you don’t like.

• Like 2