This Week’s Disciplinary

2 Grade F charges and a Grade D from the higher profile incidents this weekend. 

Following the Quarter Finals of the Betfred Challenge Cup, the Match Review Panel have issued the following sanctions:

• Josh Griffin (Hull FC) – Grade F Questioning Integrity of Match Official – Refer to Tribunal
  • Kai O’Donnell (Leigh Leopards) – Grade F Dangerous Throw – Refer to Tribunal
  • Kaide Ellis (Wigan Warriors) – Grade D Headbutt – 3 Match Penalty Notice & £250 fine
  • Elliott Minchella (Hull KR) – Grade A High Tackle – Not Applicable
  • Ollie Partington (Salford Red Devils) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – Not Applicable
  • Alex Walmsley (St Helens) – Grade B High Tackle - £250 fine
  • Joe Cator (Hull FC) – Grade B Other Contrary Behaviour - £250 fine
  • Zak Hardaker (Leigh Leopards) – Grade C Dangerous Throw – 1 Match Penalty Notice
  • Ava Seumanufagai (Leigh Leopards) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
  • Tom Nisbett (Leigh Leopards) – Grade C Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
  • Jack Teanby (York Knights) – Grade C Dangerous Throw – 1 Match Penalty Notice

The following player was handed a caution:

• Amir Bourouh (Salford Red Devils) – Other Contrary Behaviour

No Fash ban and no abuse allegation.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Surprised with the decision that Fash has no charge to answer.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Surprised with the decision that Fash has no charge to answer.

Just to add to this, as there is a chat on thew match thread.  I have argued on here that there is accidental contact with the head in tackles and if this has deemed to be the case here then I accept that.

And as a side note, I said it was the one thing that I thought the ref got wrong in the game (not issuing a card to Fash).  So I guess he got everything right!

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

37 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

typical of thi panel absolutely no consistency. 

That lack of consistency is destroying what credibly the MRP had.

Ellis deserved his ban for sheer stupidity but you can’t tell me that was more dangerous than the antics Hardaker got up to against York

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Just to add to this, as there is a chat on thew match thread.  I have argued on here that there is accidental contact with the head in tackles and if this has deemed to be the case here then I accept that.

And as a side note, I said it was the one thing that I thought the ref got wrong in the game (not issuing a card to Fash).  So I guess he got everything right!

Nope

Also got the tripping penalty wrong.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Nope

Also got the tripping penalty wrong.

Well, I thought he got it right.  So we are at a bit of an impasse. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

A big dent in Leigh's team to Catalan next week , daft 🙄

Watch that start for Leigh go up and up !! They must have 30 start v Cats. 

That game yesterday could be the end of Leighs season. It was an absolute Car Crash of a match !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Well, I thought he got it right.  So we are at a bit of an impasse. 

This is a genuine question. Is it classified as a trip if the tackler also has a hand on the attacker?  I seem to remember that it’s not, and he did appear to have a hand on him before their legs ‘came together’. 

21 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

That game yesterday could be the end of Leighs season.

O'Donnell will of course be a big miss, but this feels a bit melodramatic. 1 game for Hardaker, and am not sure the other two will be missed too much anyway. Surprised Ava was on for long enough to do anything to get a ban and I think Nisbet being banned again is showing he's struggling as a back rower.

Would expect a back row of Davis, Holmes and Asiata next week. With Hanley shifting to right centre, Luetele back on the left. I hope Smith keeps his place in the 17, because Ipape won't be able to do 70+ minutes at Catalan, and we'll need a proper second hooker.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tubby said:

This is a genuine question. Is it classified as a trip if the tackler also has a hand on the attacker?  I seem to remember that it’s not, and he did appear to have a hand on him before their legs ‘came together’. 

I have had a quick scan of the laws and there is no reference to that.

It could of course be in the modern 'interpretations' as our current interpretations don't resemble the laws at all in a lot of cases.

57 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Yes it can still be a trip with a hand on the attacker

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Watch that start for Leigh go up and up !! They must have 30 start v Cats. 

That game yesterday could be the end of Leighs season. It was an absolute Car Crash of a match !

Exactly how I saw it , just don't understand why 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Exactly how I saw it , just don't understand why 

It was just a horrible grubby performance Steve. I don’t know what got into the players at all. 

Maybe an absolute smashing at Catalans might do them some good. It was cringeworthy at times !

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

O'Donnell will of course be a big miss, but this feels a bit melodramatic. 1 game for Hardaker, and am not sure the other two will be missed too much anyway. Surprised Ava was on for long enough to do anything to get a ban and I think Nisbet being banned again is showing he's struggling as a back rower.

Would expect a back row of Davis, Holmes and Asiata next week. With Hanley shifting to right centre, Luetele back on the left. I hope Smith keeps his place in the 17, because Ipape won't be able to do 70+ minutes at Catalan, and we'll need a proper second hooker.

Just the performance and attitude. It was horrible !  

5 hours ago, jacksy said:

No Fash ban and no abuse allegation.

What's worse though? Abuse or questioning the integrity? Close call but possibly the latter IMO. Calling the ref a liar, bent or a cheat (for example, as I don't know what was said) seems worse than referencing his onanism.

• Like 2

You just know that super league chairmen are banking that Fash footage just in case you see any similar incidents in future by their players. The MRP has now made that type of incident unpunishable. 

Also, side note, but given the fact that it was put on report do we not have to hear what the MRP have to say on the incident, i.e. penalty sufficient or legal move?

1 hour ago, north yorks trinity said:

What's worse though? Abuse or questioning the integrity? Close call but possibly the latter IMO. Calling the ref a liar, bent or a cheat (for example, as I don't know what was said) seems worse than referencing his onanism.

We dont know yet. However, quite a lot on here were very confident he abused the ref and therefore deserved the red.

He didn't abuse the ref.

Now your saying questioning the ref is worse and the same people will be agreeing with you. People should make there mind up.

Why don't we wait and find out eh?

Questioning the ref decisions might be just that. And nothing worse.

1 hour ago, north yorks trinity said:

Double post.

Edited by jacksy