Toronto Wolfpack 2023 fixtures

13 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Game two cancelled, apparently they need to "keep practicing", which probably means they couldn't raise the players (this was basically an internal friendly) and/or the ones they have still need to learn the rules.

From the glass half full perspective, at least it means they are undefeated in the Canada Cup going into round 3.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/news-updates/we-have-some-important-information-from-the-den

On the assumption (quite reasonable I feel) that they've photographed every player they have there, I'd say they have 10 players. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 20/06/2023 at 05:33, RayCee said:

I wonder what Kayakman knows of thinks about this? His love of the game is unquestioned & hopefully he will be aware of it.

Its seems to be an on again, off again thing.   I've been monitoring it all from afar, waiting to see if anything develops.   Too bad they seem to be doing it in an ad hoc way.  I have not great expectations after what I have seen...alot of goodwill has been wasted.....there is always hope.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Its seems to be an on again, off again thing.   I've been monitoring it all from afar, waiting to see if anything develops.   Too bad they seem to be doing it in an ad hoc way.  I have not great expectations after what I have seen...alot of goodwill has been wasted.....there is always hope.

Have you had many dealings with Toronto City Saints? From afar, they seem a good set of people who are doing their best. 

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I would just give up and watch the ARGOS:) www.cfl.ca they are having another cracking season reckon could be 2 Grey Cups on the bounce:)

Paul

21 hours ago, Jughead said:

Have you had many dealings with Toronto City Saints? From afar, they seem a good set of people who are doing their best. 

No dealings with those folks but I wish them well.

21 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I would just give up and watch the ARGOS:) www.cfl.ca they are having another cracking season reckon could be 2 Grey Cups on the bounce:)

Paul

Football just does not do it for me.  Give me League or give me death.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Whistler confirm that they will be there.

Has anyone actually considered doing a sweep round tweeting all the teams that TWP are meany to be playing just to check whether they know they are playing that day? (I don't have Twitter)

14 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Has anyone actually considered doing a sweep round tweeting all the teams that TWP are meany to be playing just to check whether they know they are playing that day? (I don't have Twitter)

I'm in the middle of a complete gut job in the main washroom and it is not going well.....how I hate plumbing.  I've got a couple of large trees down that need to be chopped up...working on a gabion wall due to shoreline erosion...daughter just bought a house and I've got to get her stuff out of the basement and ready for the move; plus repairs to the new place....other stuff on the go too.

Oh I just don't know if i have time for the sweep....you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I'm in the middle of a complete gut job in the main washroom and it is not going well.....how I hate plumbing.  I've got a couple of large trees down that need to be chopped up...working on a gabion wall due to shoreline erosion...daughter just bought a house and I've got to get her stuff out of the basement and ready for the move; plus repairs to the new place....other stuff on the go too.

Don't forget to add posting passive aggressive posts on TotalRL to that list.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, sam4731 said:

Takes 5 minutes to sign up if you are interested in finding out. Eternity in purgatory with Elon Musk of course, but maybe it'll be worth it....

I understand TWP have contacted the teams to say they will pay their flight and accommodation costs. Most clubs have said: "ok, we will come, but only once these are confirmed". I don't think any have been confirmed for the USA clubs.

We can see Whistler Wolves have tweeted they will be travelling to Toronto in August so TWP must have rustled up enough cash for flight/bus fares and beds.

On 22/07/2023 at 06:59, sam4731 said:

Don't forget to add posting passive aggressive posts on TotalRL to that list.

I thought your name was Sam...not Sally or Karen.  

• Confused 1

On 22/07/2023 at 22:36, Kayakman said:

I'd suggest creating a clone of yourself to get some help. You could use an extra pair of hands. If I lived in the area, I'd give you a hand with some of that stuff (although I'm not au fait with plumbing). 

All the best KM.

• Thanks 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

13 hours ago, RayCee said:

I'd suggest creating a clone of yourself to get some help. You could use an extra pair of hands. If I lived in the area, I'd give you a hand with some of that stuff (although I'm not au fait with plumbing). 

All the best KM.

You any good at fighting large, out of control, forest fires?

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You any good at fighting large, out of control, forest fires?

No sorry. 

I recall a joke from the Two Ronnies about a bushfire in Australia.

The firefighter was telling a friend they had run out of water fighting a fire but luckily a beer tanker was going past and they used that to put out the fire.

The second man lamented the waste of beer.

The firefighter replied, "Oh it wasn't wasted. We drank it first". 

• Haha 3

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion.