Sun 25th Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/23 at 14:30

It’ll be interesting to see how Salford respond to last weeks disappointment.   They really have to toughen up their defence, far too many soft tries this season but I think their attack is a split second off embarrassing someone. 

Very, very difficult to call, but...

this is a bigger fixture for Salford than Wigan, based on the need to keep the impetus of the Share Issue going and the let down of last weekend, I think The Red Devils will respond positively and forge a win.  And it would be wonderful if the crowd figure was near 8,000.

But the win comes first for me... and stuff Wigin.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

So many considerations and quite unpredictable  We're starting to get our act together but discipline still lacking. Smith place kicks improving but he needs more protection so he has space and time to play.  Farrell improving but not yet at his best. We still seem a bit random ...not sure of what to do...here, you have a go....

If it comes anywhere near last night's game, it'll be a good one.👍

Salford trouble anyone when they’re on and they’ll be well up for Sunday. Croft missing out is a blow but I’m still cautious about the game. If we turn up with the same attitude as last Sunday, we’ll have a decent shot but if it’s the Wigan team of the two weeks previous to that, Salford could run up a score. 

7 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Salford trouble anyone when they’re on and they’ll be well up for Sunday. Croft missing out is a blow but I’m still cautious about the game. If we turn up with the same attitude as last Sunday, we’ll have a decent shot but if it’s the Wigan team of the two weeks previous to that, Salford could run up a score. 

And if it's the Salford team from their RL Cup 1/4 final they could be in for a hiding.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

But almost every team are a bit 'Walter Mitty' this season don't you think OF?

No mate.

Apart from that spell when we lost seven on the bounce, we've been pretty much unbeatable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

BBC Radio Mancs claim it's "A very good following from Wigan".

Not bad considering the arduous 22 miles they had to travel.

Coming up to ten minutes and both teams making errors.

Wigan piling on the pressure and force the game's first goal line drop out.

Shorrocks in for the Pies,

0-4.

Game currently being played in driving rain....

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

He means those in the top 7 😉

Sorry, the word "every" confused me.

• Haha 1

Salford in through Croft off a Brierly pass.

4-4.  ktc.

Been out on the bike, today, 120 miles,  with 18 other bikers, max temp 30 Celsius, arrived home at 3pm to watch the game on Sky, only to find that it wasn't. I'd convinced myself it was. Ah well, at least there'll be a decent commentary on Radio Manchester.    ...

Edited by JohnM

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Been out on the bike, today, 120 miles,  with 18 other bikers, max temp 30 Celsius, arrived home at 3pm to watch the game on Sky, only to find that it wasn't. I'd convinced myself it was. Ah well, at least there'll be a decent commentary on Radio Manchester.    ...

They're a tad biased towards Salford, I think you may detect.

Sneyd does his stuff,

Reds 6 Pies 4.