Fri 30th Jun: SL: Leigh Leopards v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/23 at 19:30

So the commentator says it's not a "penalty try".

No, it was never a penalty try, an eight point try maybe, how does he get the job if he doesn't know the difference?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

One of my mates who’s never watched rugby league before has just texted and said he’s now a Leigh fan and wants their jersey. 

They can show their support here: https://www.leighsportsvillage.co.uk/leigh-leopards-memberships/ and they can buy a shirt here: https://www.rnib.org.uk 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

One of my mates who’s never watched rugby league before has just texted and said he’s now a Leigh fan and wants their jersey. 

They can show their support here: https://www.leighsportsvillage.co.uk/leigh-leopards-memberships/ and they can buy a shirt here: https://www.rnib.org.uk 

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Vomit inducing. Next week might be a good time to catch them for your mob.

Now that would be rather nice.

Well, after tonight's performance by Leigh I might have to change my mind about them.  Well deserved winners and well-deserved second place in the league.  A shining example to other clubs that you don't need top class coaches and players and a professional marketing operation, as long as you've got a team that plays as a team. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Vomit inducing. Next week might be a good time to catch them for your mob.

We'll see but, as you and I both know, our respective teams have the unrelenting ability to let us down big style.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Mikey Lewis should concentrate on what he's good at rather than trying to be a hard man.

What has happened to him? Looked like the best home grown half back prospect in the game not so long ago. Just looks like a talentless grub now.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, Ullman said:

What has happened to him? Looked like the best home grown half back prospect in the game not so long ago. Just looks like a talentless grub now.

I think he went out for a few beers with Josh Reynolds once.

Read this somewhere recently :

"We've been to the Leigh Village a few ties now and never lost............"

29 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

2nd in the league and still cant manage to get 6k home fans through the gate. 

Guess all these concerts and rebranding isnt really working after all. 

Having the pleasure of playing at Odslum, I can only imagine the echoes of what 6k would sound like. 

But saying that, you could probably hear the concrete loving cookoos now!

Bully Bully !  😂😂

7 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Having the pleasure of playing at Odslum, I can only imagine the echoes of what 6k would sound like. 

Bully Bully !  😂😂

Some years ago, I had the great displeasure of watching Hull FC lose 71-0 at Odsal, you can only imagine how many f***ing times I hear Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs "Wooly Bully" bouncing out of the tannoy system at the ground.

The following night I was in my local and they had a quiz on....guess what one of the f***ing intros was...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Bully Bully !  😂😂

My post was about Leigh and numbers through the gates what has Bradford and Odsal got to do with anything? 

2 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

My post was about Leigh and numbers through the gates what has Bradford and Odsal got to do with anything? 

It's an internet forum, anything goes to score points.

• Like 1

There was the penalty from the opening kick off and it went downhill from there. Leigh are probably wondering why they didn't win by more after dominating in the ruck and the amount of yards they were making all game. Rovers have struggled all season without Abdul and as he is done for the season Lewis and Milnes really need to step up.

9 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Because you was obviously having a dig you nip!  Leigh is about a sixth (maybe a tenth) of the size of Bradford. 

Crack on and get yourself in the big smoke. Super League needs Bradford, but do we really need I'll advised fans considering a huge majority of us travel away from home! 

Anyway..... Well done Leigh. Remarkable to win  11 games never mind thinking of top 6.

Best SL season yet? 

Edited by Snowys Backside
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Rover said:

There was the penalty from the opening kick off and it went downhill from there. Leigh are probably wondering why they didn't win by more after dominating in the ruck and the amount of yards they were making all game. Rovers have struggled all season without Abdul and as he is done for the season Lewis and Milnes really need to step up.

Rovers are a great side. Too many injuries. They will come good. Great fans 👍

• Like 2