The 2024 Kit Thread

I was thinking about how the St. George-Illawarra home shirt consistently seems to be better than the St. Helens home shirt, then I found this page on Elite Pro Sports. https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/nrl/nrl-supporter-shirts/

Supporters NRL 2023 shirts, no sponsors, for £15 apiece. I'm not sure if this is well known but someone else might appreciate it before Christmas, that blank St. George-Illawarra home shirt is delicious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

I was thinking about how the St. George-Illawarra home shirt consistently seems to be better than the St. Helens home shirt, then I found this page on Elite Pro Sports. https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/nrl/nrl-supporter-shirts/

Supporters NRL 2023 shirts, no sponsors, for £15 apiece. I'm not sure if this is well known but someone else might appreciate it before Christmas, that blank St. George-Illawarra home shirt is delicious.

£15 is too much for the quality of those ‘shirts’. Save your cash.

On 12/11/2023 at 13:05, Kirmonds pouch said:

From a personal point of view I think the Wire kit is pretty poor - but - I don’t support them so what’s it got to do with me. If enough Wires fans buy it then no harm done. You can’t please everyone.

Im a Wire fan. Its one of the worst ive ever seen! I won't be buying one. Wire haven't produced a decent kit for a good few years now. This one (home and away) are awful!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The British Lion said:

Im a Wire fan. Its one of the worst ive ever seen! I won't be buying one. Wire haven't produced a decent kit for a good few years now. This one (home and away) are awful!

As I say, your choice, as a Trin fan I couldn’t care less, non of my business. Don’t blame you, it is awful. I usually buy a short wether I like them or not, I don’t actually wear tbh. But there have been a couple I just couldn’t bring myself to own.

11 hours ago, The British Lion said:

I think we've had some cracking kits in recent years. I suppose we have gone with more retro kits that appeal to the likes of me in recent years, whereas this current one is maybe more modern, aimed at the younger crowd. 

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

No real issue in moving to Ellgren, Oxen had become a bit tired and samey. However as you say we didn't really have them first time round in their golden era of kits. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

25 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

No real issue in moving to Ellgren, Oxen had become a bit tired and samey. However as you say we didn't really have them first time round in their golden era of kits. 

I’m prepared to give them a chance. That’s Elgren, Widnes still have a bit of work to do yet for me after the last few years debacle

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

I’m prepared to give them a chance. That’s Elgren, Widnes still have a bit of work to do yet for me after the last few years debacle

Really like the idea of a retro range. Hopefully not just a re-release of the previous Ellgren jersey.

11 minutes ago, FileyBulldog said:

people wanting to relive better times when money didn't completely destroy things.

... by buying something

• Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 hours ago, FileyBulldog said:

Retro shirts appear to be big sellers in football. Probably people wanting to relive better times when money didn't completely destroy things.

Retro shirts are popular with a lot of younger people aswell, not because of the longing for a better time, it’s just because retro things are always part of the current trends.

You’ll notice a lot of 90s stuff around at the moment because the 30 year cycle for art/music/fashion rings fairly true.

Money has always destroyed things.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Retro shirts are popular with a lot of younger people aswell, not because of the longing for a better time, it’s just because retro things are always part of the current trends.

You’ll notice a lot of 90s stuff around at the moment because the 30 year cycle for art/music/fashion rings fairly true.

Money has always destroyed things.

Yeah who wants to long for better times eh, modern life is so brilliant with all the smartphone zombies walking around, people in love, IN LOVE with said phones, all these mindless streaming services, everything revolving around social media, cancel culture wet wipes.......yeah, great.

10 minutes ago, FileyBulldog said:

Yeah who wants to long for better times eh, modern life is so brilliant with all the smartphone zombies walking around, people in love, IN LOVE with said phones, all these mindless streaming services, everything revolving around social media, cancel culture wet wipes.......yeah, great.

Imagine hating streaming. Not a fan of Watch NRL?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

23 minutes ago, FileyBulldog said:

How old are you? If I'm not being rude. 

Everyone always thinks that it was better in their day.

16 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Imagine hating streaming. Not a fan of Watch NRL?

Streaming is all mindless entertainment as far as their "original" (usually some remake, sequel, prequel, reboot or other tired idea) content is garbage. No I do not watch NRL at all in any form, only overseas sport I watch is NHL and I am happy just watching the highlight packages on my teams website. I haven't watched regular TV since about 2011/12, despite a couple of brief steaming subscriptions here in there in that time period I am good just playing video games, reading books and you know going outside.....I don't even have a smartphone and you know what, it is easy to live that way. Not needing to mindlessly scroll every time I have a few seconds spare waiting for the green man or standing in a queue, being present in the moments, looking up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FileyBulldog said:

Streaming is all mindless entertainment as far as their "original" (usually some remake, sequel, prequel, reboot or other tired idea) content is garbage. No I do not watch NRL at all in any form, only overseas sport I watch is NHL and I am happy just watching the highlight packages on my teams website. I haven't watched regular TV since about 2011/12, despite a couple of brief steaming subscriptions here in there in that time period I am good just playing video games, reading books and you know going outside.....I don't even have a smartphone and you know what, it is easy to live that way. Not needing to mindlessly scroll every time I have a few seconds spare waiting for the green man or standing in a queue, being present in the moments, looking up.

Video games are fine?

Dunno mate, all that bang bang shoot 'em up, "Look at me, I'm a wizard ..."

Seems a bit mindless to me.

• Like 3