Tyler Dupree to Wigan

Looks like it’s happening. 

Salford fans have had the wool pulled over their eyes, mind. Two months ago the club had the begging bowls out and now they’re the ones who have initiated the sale of one of their biggest assets. 

Just now, Red Willow said:

No they haven't. Most fans know that when an agent initiates a request it is only a matter of time until it happens.

The fans ownership has nothing to do with this.

But anyway carry on.

I'm sure he will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Looks like it’s happening. 

Salford fans have had the wool pulled over their eyes, mind. Two months ago the club had the begging bowls out and now they’re the ones who have initiated the sale of one of their biggest assets. 

Just means they've spent it already.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Good signing if it comes off .I was very impressed with him in The Championship.Nowt flashy but a real workhorse who loves to get involved.Proved at Salford that he can play to SL level.Plenty of good younger forwards coming through at Wigan they may need an experienced old head for leadership;

Looking forward to see his contribution to the side. I've liked what I've seen of him so far.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Good signing if it comes off .I was very impressed with him in The Championship.Nowt flashy but a real workhorse who loves to get involved.Proved at Salford that he can play to SL level.Plenty of good younger forwards coming through at Wigan they may need an experienced old head for leadership;

The last point is a big one, especially for next year if Powell and Isa leave. I like this signing and the others made for next year but we really could do with an old head to guide all these young forwards. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WN83 said:

The last point is a big one, especially for next year if Powell and Isa leave. I like this signing and the others made for next year but we really could do with an old head to guide all these young forwards. 

That was Cooper's role in the props, until the Knowles incident on Good Friday finished his season and probably career.

Farrell may be the only really experienced forward next year at Wigan. Captain as well, so he is going to have a lot of responsibility on his plate.

1 hour ago, WN83 said:

This is my biggest concern too. I've banged on for a while about how teams that win the Grand Final generally have quite a few middles over the age of 30 and that most props seem to hit their peak around 28 and above. It's great that we've had so many promising young props over the years but younger props do tend to be inconsistent and it really concerns me that we're yet again going for a team of young forwards.

Our last Grand Final winning side including the likes of O'Loughlin, Flower and Clubb. We also had Navarette starting - a young player who didn't kick on and went backwards only to have now finally found some consistently good form at Catalans at the age of 28. Robbie Mulhern was a promising prop at Hull KR but inconsistent, signed for Wire and 'flopped', only to join Leigh and look like the player he always could have been at the age of 28.

It wouldn't be the first time people have looked at our young pack and thought we'd be really strong in a few years, only for a few years to pass by and people are still thinking our pack could be strong in a few years.

Quality obviously matters, and we seem to be signing better players which is obviously a positive, but I do worry about our consistency and resilience with a young pack when it gets to the playoffs or knock out games.

2 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

That was Cooper's role in the props, until the Knowles incident on Good Friday finished his season and probably career.

Farrell may be the only really experienced forward next year at Wigan. Captain as well, so he is going to have a lot of responsibility on his plate.

Fingers crossed Cooper will get back on the field, I know that is the aim but if not then we're struggling in terms of that experience and it will need to be sorted. I don't know if it is the captaincy but Farrell isn't in his best form and I don't think everything the job of captaincy entails is something that will come naturally to him. We do have Leeming coming in, who has been captain elsewhere but another experienced voice or two wouldn't go amiss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DG70 said:

Can't blame Dupree for wanting better for himself, but with Salford it's always a case of one step forward and two steps back.

yes you can when he signed a long term deal in the off season. Nothing much has changed since he signed. 

Salford fans have been here before and no doubt will be again. At least unlike Fage did  he is still putting in effort.

Wigan will have to pay a lot for him and maybe offer another player in exchange.

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

yes you can when he signed a long term deal in the off season. Nothing much has changed since he signed. 

Salford fans have been here before and no doubt will be again. At least unlike Fage did  he is still putting in effort.

Wigan will have to pay a lot for him and maybe offer another player in exchange.

You could perhaps have Singleton now? 

11 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Hope not

I don’t know if it’s a lack of effort because he’s not being picked on a regular basis but he looks shot in the games he’s played. He wasn’t in the side for the Wire game last week but warmed up and when the players finish, they do a sprint up to half way. He was about 5-10 yards at the back of the next to last player. I’m surprised he’s carrying on in Superleague looking at him but maybe it’s a motivational issue. 

Dupree looks to be done, with pictures of him at Wigans training ground, in Wigan gear, going around on social media. 

Wigan have paid a six figure transfer fee so perhaps that and the Reds fundraising has brought their figure to £500k or thereabouts.  Singleton going from Wigan to Salford.

The Wigan pack does look young. Next year we'd expect Cooper, Farrell and Leeming to be the experienced forwards. If Cooper doesn't make it and the injury ends his career then I'd think that Wigan would be looking to sign an experienced prop. Cooper will be on a fair amount so there could be salary available.

Both players are available to play this weekend. 

• Like 1

I’m not so sure on the Wigan’s pack’s age being that much a problem. There’s actually some talent within the group, a decent amount of composure and leadership from the likes of Farrell and Leeming (who I think captained Leeds at one point), which with the young players they develop in those positions, they’ll go very well. 

Finding anyone to sign Singleton is a masterstroke too. He looks like he sweats KFC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

Wigan have paid a six figure transfer fee so perhaps that and the Reds fundraising has brought their figure to £500k or thereabouts.  Singleton going from Wigan to Salford.

The Wigan pack does look young. Next year we'd expect Cooper, Farrell and Leeming to be the experienced forwards. If Cooper doesn't make it and the injury ends his career then I'd think that Wigan would be looking to sign an experienced prop. Cooper will be on a fair amount so there could be salary available.

Both players are available to play this weekend. 

With the controversial sending off having lead to our being out of the cup, I am hoping that we come back after the week off for the cup final with Havard fit. In which case, we could have, in Ellis, Havard and Dupree, 3 above average props. Which would be the first time in a while.