Sun 30th Jul: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

SUNDAY 30th JULY
Hunslet  v Dewsbury Rams KO 15:00
North Wales Crusaders v Cornwall KO 14:30
Rochdale Hornets v Midlands Hurricanes KO 15:00
Workington Town v Doncaster KO 15:00

Dewsbury to win but Hunslet will push them close.

Crusaders to win but it will be interesting to see how the choughs play with their growing confidence

Midlands have a good chance after last weeks result, no more than three points in it.

A hard choice but Dons to get home by less than ten.

If Dewsbury win, they win the Championship and automatic promotion. A draw would mean Hunslet would have win their other 2 games and Dewsbury lose both and Hunslet improve their points difference by 150. 

Think it will be a very close game. 

Edited by Wakefield Ram

Wins for Dewsbury, Workington and an outside bet on Hurricanes.

Cornwall Choughs will push us all the way but I expect a win from Crusaders.

Remember this week we are at Rhyl and next week we are back in Chester.

On 28/07/2023 at 10:45, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

What's starting to annoy me is that there's been nothing from the club about the new venue, including the website.

There was a Club statement on social media on 24th July confiming this weeks game at Rhyl and next weeks game vs Doncaster at Chester. The Club HOPE to be at Eirias Park for our last and second League 1 game at 'home' to London Skolars. The last sentence of the statement says they have a meeting with Conwy Council this week to discuss what happens going forward...thats all the info so far.

The rumour around the fans is that contractors lay the wrong surface at the stadium and it not suitable for rugby! I stress, thats a rumour, but seeing as it was supposed to be in use from 18th June its difficult to understand what else could be causing the delay.

4 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Hmmm, not all of us are on social media, as a local councillor I don't have anything to do with it (I acknowledge that I may be in a distinct minority here!). It's more the lack of anything on the club's website that's getting my goat.

Have you contacted the Club and highlighted the problem? I checked the website and you're right; theres no version of the Club statement released on 24th....I'll mention it to the Directors on Sunday.

• Thanks 1