Fri 28th - Sun 30th Jul: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

15 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Not good is it?  Hardly the best prep for the players, I hope it spurs them on but more likely it will have the opposite effect. 

Not sure what happened. No one was out of pocket anyway. Delayed kick offs don't help players normally as they have a pre match schedule they follow. It may even have helped the players a bit as it was not as hot as predicted. 

On 28/07/2023 at 08:09, watcherofRL said:

How do you work that out? London 1 point behind play offs - need to settle in for the remaining games as the combination was working with 4/5 wins to focus on 

Losing at home to york.. As I expected once the lost in SF, nothing much to play for... They are PT, they know they are not going up, so all finishing 6th means is one week delay on holidays....  Fully expect London to finish between 8th and 10th now

Some game at thunder. Thunder were 18 - 6 up then Swinton came back and leveled it with 4 mins to go and went into a 18 - 19 lead with 2 to go. Thunder then leveled almost straight away before getting a converted try in the 80th minute to win it!

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

Some game at thunder. Thunder were 18 - 6 up then Swinton came back and leveled it with 4 mins to go and went into a 18 - 19 lead with 2 to go. Thunder then leveled almost straight away before getting a converted try in the 80th minute to win it!

Big win for thunder to keep the relegation battle close.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

What a game that was. We have a group of players here who are fighting for the shirt. We know a lot of people have written us off but we are still in the fight and teams will be looking over their shoulder.

• Like 6

2785 at Widnes. A close fought game, 36-28, only decided with a Dixon penalty goal in the last ten minutes. Haven never gave up though.

Thought Haven fans showed great support for their team.

Also, ref had a good game.

• Like 4

Game of we score, you score for the first hour at Widnes before we managed to edge away with it. Whitehaven were far more competitive than I expected. On to Newcastle next week, what was it Oxy said, "Widnes will lose against someone you'd expect them to beat".

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

4 hours ago, RBKnight said:

York run out 24-10 winners at the Broncos.

Awful place its like a shipping container with zero atmosphere and getting to Merton in the traffic is a nightmare.

Took me 3 hours 15 mins from my hotel in Warrington to Ealing (Saw a friend for a coffee) then 2 hours 15 mins from Ealing to Merton which is around 11 miles.

10 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Awful place its like a shipping container with zero atmosphere and getting to Merton in the traffic is a nightmare.

Took me 3 hours 15 mins from my hotel in Warrington to Ealing (Saw a friend for a coffee) then 2 hours 15 mins from Ealing to Merton which is around 11 miles.

It would have been quicker to walk last 11 miles lol.

• Haha 1