Sat 12th Aug: Women's Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v St Helens KO 12:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/23 at 11:30

St Helens aren't quite as dominant as in recent seasons, but I still think they'll take the trophy this time.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Like all games between Saints, Leeds & York they are a 50/50 call so I hope this is another close exciting match.

Keara Bennett is a big loss for Leeds but I still think they can match Saints up front, just not sure if they’ll have much impact from the bench.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

On 08/08/2023 at 16:52, wilsontown said:

According to the e-mail I got from the RFL last night this is kicking off at 11:50 rather than 12:00. Seems odd, but that's what it says.

I've no doubt this is due to meeting broadcasting demands. Isn't there some women's football on tomorrow which no doubt has to take preference? Once again our sport gets messed about, and sadly will continue to do so as long as we are dependant on television money.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I've no doubt this is due to meeting broadcasting demands. Isn't there some women's football on tomorrow which no doubt has to take preference? Once again our sport gets messed about, and sadly will continue to do so as long as we are dependant on television money.

We'll always be dependent on television money. Most sports are. When we're not, we'll be in trouble.

17 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Isn't there some women's football on tomorrow which no doubt has to take preference? 

The Lionesses kick off at 11.30am on ITV and nothing obvious on the BBC schedule to indicate any forced change by the broadcasters.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Obviously, as a York fan, I'm hoping for a calamitous final with lots of long suspensions for players on both sides 😄

Fancy Dirty Leeds to nick this, as Lois Forsell does have the ability to coach for particular games/match-ups, and she will have seen Saints labouring out of their own half in the 2nd half against York, when they were forced to turn and come out of yardage (Zoe Hill looks very unconvincing as a full back IMO) Leeds will need to bring their kicking A-game to take advantage.

Break-out player to look out for is Caitlin Casey, Leeds' teenage half-back, who is a real talent.

• Like 1

Saints have a very inexperienced backline with potentially two players playing out of position as well. There’s plenty there for Forsell to go at there. I wonder if she’ll be tempted to play Amy Hardcastle in the centres. 

Saints have the advantage up front though with Crowl, Rudge and Hoyle at the top of their games. Cunningham hasn’t played much in 2023, but she’s probably still the best player in the game. 

It’ll be interesting to see where Saints pick Shona Hoyle. She’s much more of a threat at second row, but she may have to play prop if Darcy Stott is injured where her attacking game is blunted a bit. She was devastating at Headingley earlier in the season, so Leeds will be pleased to see her picked at prop  

Overall, too close to call! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The Lionesses kick off at 11.30am on ITV and nothing obvious on the BBC schedule to indicate any forced change by the broadcasters.

It is a shame that it clashes. Hopefully the RL still gets a good audience 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, High Peak Rhino said:

Kicked off 4 minutes early!!!

Makes a change...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ref says no double movement, so St Helens are the first women's team to score at Wembley. Then they score a quick-fire second.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Leeds are in trouble - a third try conceded in quick succession.

Ralph Waldo Emerson