'Fans' again

The club is pulling all the stops out to progress to SL . and we still have some of the most detestable supposed fans in the RL. I despair. What must the club and players be thinking

• Like 1

it’s nothing new fev have always had a small bunch of mainly youths who go to matches just to cause trouble unfortunately most decent people just turn a blind eye simply because that’s the way things are in the UK people just can’t risk doing anything about it as they will be deemed the villains when the boys in blue arrive.

1 minute ago, eltel said:

it’s nothing new fev have always had a small bunch of mainly youths who go to matches just to cause trouble unfortunately most decent people just turn a blind eye simply because that’s the way things are in the UK people just can’t risk doing anything about it as they will be deemed the villains when the boys in blue arrive.

Sadly you're right even in the street nowadays people won't get involved simply because they could come worse off,the laws an ass.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hawk-eye said:

If you guys don't take some responsibility for your 'mates' your club will suffer, and quite rightly!  

What happened to the  cas and hull kr clubs when their fans were fighting not long since ? 

I assume this was reported to stewards and dealt with at the time by people that are paid to sort these incidents. Not just saved for trial by social media later and instigating a pile on. Yes it's disgusting, yes it shouldn't happen, report it to people there to resolve these issues. 

Edited by Michael Bates
  • Like 5

It's far better for the complaint with any evidence to be sent to the club. I was stood at the hillside of the ground and Jesse was taking some stick from fans and I saw him respond on one occasion. There were not many Fev fans seated in the stand, so if anything happened untoward it surely would have been witnessed. The club have recently had a couple of compliments from visiting fans and don't need this washing in public until the facts are known. I'm sure if there has been evidence of fan misbehaviour they will be dealt with like they have in the past. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

To be fair when fev visit york and vice/versa theres the usual banter but thats it , got to be a very small minority , so please you decent fans sort em out

Except for that time at Bootham Crescent when I had to help a York fan who was getting his head kicked in by some popped up Fev “fans” outside the WMC, I’ve always found Fev fans to be pretty decent folk. 

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Every club has some fans like this. Every. Single. Club. However it's clearly a very small minority of Fev fans (as is the case with every other club).

Certainly wouldn't condone our own branch of Morons-R-Us having a go at a players wife and/or kids, if that was the case (allegations like this posted via the ever-poisonous format of social media are not evidence of anything), but as always we should take care not to blow things out of proportion.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Adam B said:

Every club has some fans like this. Every. Single. Club. However it's clearly a very small minority of Fev fans (as is the case with every other club).

Certainly wouldn't condone our own branch of Morons-R-Us having a go at a players wife and/or kids, if that was the case (allegations like this posted via the ever-poisonous format of social media are not evidence of anything), but as always we should take care not to blow things out of proportion.

A long standing and respected Rovers fan was there and didn't hear oe see anything but they are on FB but haven't  commented on here. Having said that Jessie's Wife has put it on Social media so she's heard something sadly.

• Like 2

On 21/08/2023 at 09:13, Fevrover said:

A long standing and respected Rovers fan was there and didn't hear oe see anything but they are on FB but haven't  commented on here. Having said that Jessie's Wife has put it on Social media so she's heard something sadly.

I was stood with Glyn and Matt right behind the sticks in the second half. I heard Jessie getting plenty but I just didn't hear anything said to his kids. That's not saying it didn't happen. His and other kids were running about all over the place so they'd be out of earshot to most.

• Like 5

On 20/08/2023 at 23:50, Adam B said:

Yeah that's about right, it's definitely not what we want or need, there have been too many incidents involving our fans for sure over the years, but they do invariably attract a lot of attention.

Does sound like it might not have even been the worst Championship incident of the weekend mind, judging on the Keighley and Batley forums, unsurprisingly there are 2 different versions of what happened depending on which forum you read but there seems to have been some physical altercation which allegedly involved Keighley owner Ryan O'Neil and Batley player Lucas Walshaw. This doesn't seem to have attracted much attention elsewhere but can you imagine the reaction if our chairman or a player was involved in a physical altercation with others?

At the Barrow v Whitehaven game earlier this season there was a bit of a throwback to the 1970s with fighting on the terraces, see https://www.facebook.com/100006512613744/videos/594928732343910/   again I think this might have drawn more widespread attention at our place.

Not a fan of "whataboutery" at all normally and if something untoward did go off at any of our games it needs dealing with robustly, but just highlighting that when we get caught up in any incidents it's going to be highlighted a lot more than most.

• Like 1