New England Kit?

35 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Surprised they haven't gone with the England lion-head logo yet to go the full GB route!

spacer.png

It'll be on the next one or the one after (so 12 months max?). They're drip feeding it to avoid any controversy. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

3 hours ago, sam4731 said:

England football team played 11 matches last season with 1 kit. We will have played 4 matches this season with 2 kits.

Wasn't the kit they wore against France at Warrington always supposed to be a one off to raise money for a MND charity?

Whether they went back to the world cup kit from last year (unlikely) or had a new one, I certainly didn't expect England to wear the blue and amber cross kit again.

That said, oh for an iconic style like the Kangaroos and Kiwis, that we just stick with and don't mess around with. I suppose we were always going to lose that when GB went, but if we're having an England national team, I wish they'd come up with a design and stick with it long term (even if the fine details/trim change every year or so).

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Tonga-themed training top?

To go with the Tonga themed playing kit?

John Bateman powers in to seal England win over Combined Nations All Stars  | Rugby league | The Guardian

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, The British Lion said:

I personally dont like any 'blue' on an England kit. Another shirt i won't be buying. The last England shirt I bought was the 2013 world cup - plain white, with some red trimming. Then, fun with flags emerged for a good number of years.

Then the blue.

I really liked that shirt. It had a subtle flag on it. An all white shirt with a light grey chevron would have fit well with the "wall of white" theme they were going for.

• Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

what's all this lion stuff with Eng national teams? when was the last time anyone in this country had to shoo a lion out of their garden?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

I much prefer the GB Lion. Plus I keep seeing a little bird or penguin on the left.

logo.png

Close the forum down now we're not topping this. 

• Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

22 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I think the V is simply too thick. 

erl23tss.jpeg.37e06c0f6f0b95d9e4064fe25e3c4a94.jpeg

The only positive I can come up with is that at least they've stuck with the same theme as last year's WC kit, rather than changing it completely again. But agree - looks poor. Last year's shirt was a lot better IMO. Shame that lacked a bit of red trim.

Edit: just seen the launch video and it does look loads better on the players.

Edited by RugbyLeagueGeek

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

what's all this lion stuff with Eng national teams? when was the last time anyone in this country had to shoo a lion out of their garden?

Not seen a lion in my garden, but I did once nearly run one over in suburban north Leeds. It ran out into the road on its hind legs early one evening trying to catch up with a tinman and a scarecrow, or was it a very spraytanned witch and a wardrobe? They were all carrying pints down the Otley Road. 

So maybe a single lion is an appropriate emblem for an Eng / GB RL shirt. Never seen 3 lions together, though, so don't know if our football and cricket shirts stand that test of authenticity. 

I've regularly seen a Rhino too at Headingley - unexpected but quite a fitting coincidence. Do they have real black and white leopards with glowing red eyes in Leigh?