HUNSLET tomorrow

Peter Winthorpe

5 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

We should have beaten them at their place early season but they seem to have really done well this year.

What's the game going to bring tomorrow as we have not beaten sky of the teams above us home or away.

Can’t make it tomorrow but would love to think we could break that duck and end the regular season with a victory. UTT.

Just now, georgehadgingerhair said:

Close call but 22-16 to Hunslet any other thoughts 

Remember their coach, the motivational maestro, has already announced that he is going to Swinton next season. Will their players really be listening to him now? Some of them are good C1 players but not now up to Championship standards - hmmm!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Excellent win, though first half was a terrible 40 minutes by both teams, not helped by a ref just guessing decisions again.

Not even slightly surprised to see it was that little end of a bell beharrell involved in the scrap, obnoxious little moron.

So the plsy offs were home - away - away I take it if we get through?

• Like 2

Best defensive performance of the season apart from their try which was soft,   Bradley and McNicholas stood out for me but 1 _ 17 put the effort in today and deserved the win, Ref was atrocious,  some of his decisions were unbelievable bordering on laughable

Edited by Onreport
  • Like 2

Despite having a referee who obviously didn’t know what he was doing I thought that was our best performance of the season. Defensively excellent and created a lot of line breaks, a little bit more composure could have seen 2 or 3 more tries. Hope Matty is ok, looked to be holding his ribs when he went off. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, dkw said:

So the plsy offs were home - away - away I take it if we get through?

Week 1

Town v Crusaders (Match A)

Doncaster v Oldham (Match B)

Week 2

Loser of B v Winner of A (Match C)

Hunslet v Winner of B (Match D)

Week 3

Loser of D v Winner of C (Match E)

Week 4 (Final)

Winner of D v Winner of E

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

6 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4 (Final)

Cheers, so we get 1 home game then all aways, tough ask that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4 (Final)

So basically we have to go away and beat everyone above us 

27 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Should have had a hat  trick 

2 brought back for obstruction

Their only try was when their player ran across pitch and step around back of his own player

viewed with a slight Town Bias

That 2nd disallowed try was a joke, never an obstruction in any way.

• Like 3

Great performance defence and attacking. 1 st half evenly matched. 2 nd half we the better. Great performance 1-17. Dont forget everyone home next week in elimination play off. Well done all concerned, pity wasnt a few more down to watch game. Great advert for rugby. Muzza doing great job getting better alltime.

• Like 2

We saved the best for last. Great performance today in every sense, and did well not to react to the terrible decisions against us. With all the possession they got to restrict them to one solo effort was heroic. Big games from Stephenson and Bradley but the whole team were on the same page. I think that showed that having two games in a week is an advantage, but Oldham showed that three isn't. Gutted i'll miss next week.

• Like 5

Easily the worst refereeing performance for years. We could and should have won by a wide margin had he not pulled us back time and time again for no reason. Jake Bradley is outstanding, comfortably the best player on the pitch yet again. Matty Henson was top draw and Sean is possibly the best diffuser of a bomb we’ve had for some time 

• Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white