Championship Grand Final

18 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Is it definitely on Sunday the 15th at 14:30 at the home of the highest league team?

So if Fev win their semi, it's at Fev? 

Yes and yes, though to be strict Fev haven't mathematically clinched the league leader spot yet (need 1 more point, or simply not to have their big points difference lead eradicated).

10 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

In addition how do the playoffs work. Positions etc pls.

Think it's like this (numbers refer to regular season finishing positions):
Round 1
3 v 6 and 4 v 5. Byes for 1 and 2
Semi final
1 v lowest-ranked winner from round 1
2 v highest-ranked winner from round 1
Final
Highest-ranked semi final winner v lowest-ranked semi final winner.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes and yes, though to be strict Fev haven't mathematically clinched the league leader spot yet (need 1 more point, or simply not to have their big points difference lead eradicated).

Ta. A logistical nightmare for Santos.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

will be Fev vs Tolouse at Fev

As I don't see Batley now they have fallen off challenging Fev in the playoff;s so Fev should be safe to make the final as Tolouse will finish 2nd.

• Bradford could be third or 4th
  • Sheffiled could be between 3rd and 5th
  • London could be between 4th and 7th
  • Batley could be between 4th and 6th
  • Widnes / Fax could sneak 6th

A lot depends on the London v Sheffield game this week.    Sheffield win, I see them 3rd, they lose and I see Bradford 3rd, London 4th and Sheffield 5th.

Bately could finish 4th or miss out completly to Widnes.  I don't see Fax making the playoffs now TBH after the losses to Widnes and London in last 2 weeks

Edited by crashmon

33 minutes ago, crashmon said:

As I don't see Batley now they have fallen off challenging Fev in the playoff;s so Fev should be safe to make the final as Tolouse will finish 2nd.

A lot depends on the London v Sheffield game this week.    Sheffield win, I see them 3rd, they lose and I see Bradford 3rd, London 4th and Sheffield 5th.

Bately could finish 4th or miss out completly to Widnes.  I don't see Fax making the playoffs now TBH after the losses to Widnes and London in last 2 weeks

Could well go down to what is now the last game of the regular season, Sheffield v Bradford.

Edited by Griff

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

26 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

I know it might be mental but a part of me is saying that London could do a 2018.

They certainly can't be ruled out yet, especially with the likes of Cory Norman and Dean Whare in the team. It will be interesting to see whether Fev can cope with the pressure of being favourites for promotion once it gets to knock out rugby.

7 hours ago, OnStrike said:

Yeah I think so too. Would love Fev up but have a feeling Toulouse will do it

It's going to depend on injuries to key players imo before the end of the season, particularly for Toulouse.

• Like 4

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

18 hours ago, gazza77 said:

It's going to depend on injuries to key players imo before the end of the season, particularly for Toulouse.

It will be interesting if Fév lose their playoff and TO win as I don't think TO will be able to play at "home"

• Sad 1

On 28/08/2023 at 15:38, crashmon said:

I think from here on in, whilst everyone remains fit it becomes a matter of selection and cohesion. Teams now coming into form are those who have now got consistency in last few matches, you still have to contend with some strange decisions from coaches and this coming weekend is massive for London and Sheffield alike as both on a roll!

On 28/08/2023 at 23:08, crashmon said:

our team is a long long way away from our 2018 team... We knew our 2018 team could compete with Toronto and the lower SL teams.   The gap between our current team and Fev is much much larger than the 2018 gap.

But has the current team taken on Fev? No is the answer as had range of injuries which are now only just finishing - the perfect storm when teams meet are when one side had full strength and the other is scaling around for players! Both Toulouse and Fev away were examples of this along with some really strange coach selection/player combos

Edited by watcherofRL

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Why not?  

It depends if Japan are still competing the world cup. The semi final matches won't be played in Toulouse but the Japanese team are using it as a base

Edited by kiggy
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Our last 2 games are London away and Sheffield away. 100% agree its going right to the Wire. 

Warrington's year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"