Championship Grand Final

7 hours ago, Andrewj said:

I fancied going to watch the Final as a neutral with my daughter. If its at Featherstone I will give it a miss..

Don't blame you we're all maniacs even us old people, we darn't even go without a tin hat and a brush handle or anything we can get our hands on. 

• Haha 5

On 30/08/2023 at 10:07, kiggy said:

It depends if Japan are still competing the world cup. The semi final matches won't be played in Toulouse but the Japanese team are using it as a base

Fiji according to League Express?

Interesting to note the Toulouse v Fev league game will be at Stade Arnauné which is traditionally their home ground and much nearer to the city centre than both Blagnac and Stade Wallon but I thought had failed Championship grading, hence the ground move? They certainly played there in previous Championship years though as I saw Leigh play there in 2010ish. 

38 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

What does that mean for a TO home Champ semi-final? On the road too?

No idea at the moment. I hope it won't matter as I can't see the Japanese making the semi finals but stranger things have happened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Fiji according to League Express?

Interesting to note the Toulouse v Fev league game will be at Stade Arnauné which is traditionally their home ground and much nearer to the city centre than both Blagnac and Stade Wallon but I thought had failed Championship grading, hence the ground move? They certainly played there in previous Championship years though as I saw Leigh play there in 2010ish. 

Japanese I was told, and only used for training. Just shows how far down the pecking order TO and RL really is.

Yes, Stade des Minimes for the Fév match. I've not seen them play there as my TO life started at Blagnac. The whole episode stinks to be honest. TO do train there but I'm shocked they think they can have a proper match at the ground. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiggy said:

Japanese I was told, and only used for training. Just shows how far down the pecking order TO and RL really is.

Yes, Stade des Minimes for the Fév match. I've not seen them play there as my TO life started at Blagnac. The whole episode stinks to be honest. TO do train there but I'm shocked they think they can have a proper match at the ground. 

The surrounding area is full of training pitches they don't need the stadium.

Totally stinks

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, kiggy said:

Minimes seemed OK when I went there for the challenge cup game against Widnes.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

13 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Minimes seemed OK when I went there for the challenge cup game against Widnes.

It's changed a lot since then - more like a community sports facility than a stadium for a pro sports team.

This isn’t a dig at Toulouse and I know other clubs have had similar issues in the past but imagine they were in SL and this was happening. The IMG grading criteria including points for being in control of your own ground looks like a good idea now

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

This isn’t a dig at Toulouse and I know other clubs have had similar issues in the past but imagine they were in SL and this was happening. The IMG grading criteria including points for being in control of your own ground looks like a good idea now

If my Auntie had b*llocks... 

Its a rugby world cup. There won't be another one in France for another 16-20 years. Its not a big issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I once saw a Super League game between London and Catalans played at Esher RUFC, it can't be any worse than that.

My guess is that Toulouse were in a difficult position because quite a large number of Fev fans would have bought accomodation in the city many months ago (there were discussions on the Fev social media pages about buying early because of the World Cup) and it would have been logistically difficult to arrange  transfers for them all to out-of-town venues such as were arranged for their 2 recent home games. That's only a guess though.

• Like 2

On 01/09/2023 at 20:56, Gav Wilson said:

If my Auntie had b*llocks... 

Its a rugby world cup. There won't be another one in France for another 16-20 years. Its not a big issue. 

Has zero impact on my life

• Like 2

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

On 02/09/2023 at 08:39, The Phantom Horseman said:

I once saw a Super League game between London and Catalans played at Esher RUFC, it can't be any worse than that.

My guess is that Toulouse were in a difficult position because quite a large number of Fev fans would have bought accomodation in the city many months ago (there were discussions on the Fev social media pages about buying early because of the World Cup) and it would have been logistically difficult to arrange  transfers for them all to out-of-town venues such as were arranged for their 2 recent home games. That's only a guess though.

I was at the stadium this morning. It's not very big. Pitch is OK but only one stand. Lots of road works going on in the vicinity so Fév fans, get the bus and/or shanks' pony