New Coach - Names in frame?

sheddingswasus

3 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Would he really leave Salford to come to Oldham?

Salford seem to be marking time and Oldham may now have the resources to tempt him He likes a challenge and knows the championship inside out, has taken both Leigh and Toronto to Super League. Oldham are putting money into the team so it seems logical  to invest in a quality coach.

On 07/09/2023 at 15:06, tandle said:

get scott naylor back he coached us very well with no monies.

see what he can do with some monies.

I think that's a not a bad call but I'm not sure many others would agree. I seem to recall that when he was coach, many supporters complained that the style of play was too predictable.

My guess is that a coach has already been appointed but can't be revealed until after the playoffs when the season is properly done and dusted.

On 10/09/2023 at 13:24, Joe 90 said:

Salford seem to be marking time and Oldham may now have the resources to tempt him He likes a challenge and knows the championship inside out, has taken both Leigh and Toronto to Super League. Oldham are putting money into the team so it seems logical  to invest in a quality coach.

Just listened to Fordy's GMR interview and he said that the club would be advertising this week for a new Head Coach and have had a couple of interviews already. I suppose we now know what division we will be in next season. 

On 10/09/2023 at 13:24, Joe 90 said:

Salford seem to be marking time and Oldham may now have the resources to tempt him.

Oldham are putting money into the team.

2 hours ago, thecrab said:

Salford are skint, we're loaded.

Seems optimistic but you never know, money talks!

Oldham loaded? Really?

Who are the benefactors or investors?