Castleford stadium.

On 04/11/2023 at 10:47, Rarefrith said:

Can I just add. Fev’s pitch is full size and has been since the redevelopment of the new stands. The pitch was extended. The slope is not as bad because of that either. 

I still walk like Norman Wisdom after playing at POR 😂😂

• Haha 1

Just done a bit of research. Someone mentioned the Cas redevelopment would end up giving them a Salford type Stadium. 

It was built in 2010 at a cost of 26 million. If it were constructed now it would cost 40 million.

So let’s get something straight, Cas are NOT getting a stadium like that.

I accept that they don’t intend to rebuild all four sides. However this perception that a bit of new cladding and some local builder relaying the terracing is a fantasy. The reason that the terracing at Cas is allowed to operate at present is because much of it was pre ground safety rules.

The moment you upgrade that protection is lost. Look at the BV north stand. That terracing may sit over the old terrace, but it is all brand new, with new footing, the old terrace was left to reduce demolition cost, but it is not part of the structure. It was also expensive, even though it holds slightly less and isn’t fully finished yet. It’s all about access and safety these days. It’s exactly what Cas will have to do and it’s pricey. Millions in fact.

To get something even remotely like the bus shelters at Salford I’m now going to up my estimate. A minimum of 22 million to do the whole stadium.

I’ve no idea where Cas will get that kind of money from and neither do they. It certainly won’t be from the developer.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

I don't think they need to really, they'd be better off doing a grand job on one or two stands to meet the criteria, it's does sound like they're trying to one up Trinity with trying to do all four sides with a small budget. 

What next?  They start a fans poll to pick a name for the proposed refurbed stand?  

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

22 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Just done a bit of research. Someone mentioned the Cas redevelopment would end up giving them a Salford type Stadium. 

It was built in 2010 at a cost of 26 million. If it were constructed now it would cost 40 million.

So let’s get something straight, Cas are NOT getting a stadium like that.

I accept that they don’t intend to rebuild all four sides. However this perception that a bit of new cladding and some local builder relaying the terracing is a fantasy. The reason that the terracing at Cas is allowed to operate at present is because much of it was pre ground safety rules.

The moment you upgrade that protection is lost. Look at the BV north stand. That terracing may sit over the old terrace, but it is all brand new, with new footing, the old terrace was left to reduce demolition cost, but it is not part of the structure. It was also expensive, even though it holds slightly less and isn’t fully finished yet. It’s all about access and safety these days. It’s exactly what Cas will have to do and it’s pricey. Millions in fact.

To get something even remotely like the bus shelters at Salford I’m now going to up my estimate. A minimum of 22 million to do the whole stadium.

I’ve no idea where Cas will get that kind of money from and neither do they. It certainly won’t be from the developer.

You could have saved yourself lots of time by not listening to whoever said we were getting a Salford type stadium and just looked at the plans - plans which have been costed.

If only they'd spoken to you first

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

10 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

You could have saved yourself lots of time by not listening to whoever said we were getting a Salford type stadium and just looked at the plans - plans which have been costed.

If only they'd spoken to you first

They could have saved even more time by looking at the developers letter on the planning portal, where they admit that they can't actually afford to build the plans that are already in, due to the costs of making the EAs required changes.

Fully costed, fully schmosted.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Great news:

We are pleased to confirm that following detailed discussions with the Environment Agency and resulting technical amendments to the Wheldon Road stadium upgrade proposals, the Environment Agency has today lifted their holding objection.

This means that there are no outstanding objections from statutory consultees for either of the Axiom and Wheldon Road planning applications, including on highways, flood risk and drainage. We are hopeful that both planning applications will be heard by Wakefield Council’s planning committee soon.

https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=8864

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Damien said:

Great news:

We are pleased to confirm that following detailed discussions with the Environment Agency and resulting technical amendments to the Wheldon Road stadium upgrade proposals, the Environment Agency has today lifted their holding objection.

This means that there are no outstanding objections from statutory consultees for either of the Axiom and Wheldon Road planning applications, including on highways, flood risk and drainage. We are hopeful that both planning applications will be heard by Wakefield Council’s planning committee soon.

https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=8864

Why is it great news? They have no money to do it, just the 2 million the council gave them.

I could get planning permission to turn my house into a mansion, problem is I can only afford a shed.

People  live in a fantasy world in RL they really do.

The only reason Trinity got there money was through a fortunate set of events. Had it not been a development in Rotherham requiring the councils blessing at NM, we’d still be waiting to this day for YC to cough up. Cas need just that, it will come, but when? That’s the real issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sadly I dont see a way forward for Cas the ground is an embarrassment on TV (They are the only club without an LED system) the stand looks like something from non league football 50 years ago.

All I can see is a lick of paint at best this isn't a dig but reality.

35 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Why is it great news? They have no money to do it, just the 2 million the council gave them.

I could get planning permission to turn my house into a mansion, problem is I can only afford a shed.

The only reason Trinity got there money was through a fortunate set of events. Had it not been a development in Rotherham requiring the councils blessing at NM, we’d still be waiting to this day for YC to cough up. Cas need just that, it will come, but when? That’s the real issue.

Some people are happy to see other clubs progress. You obviously aren't one of those.

These are major obstacles out the way to that and I am glad that Cas have got past them.

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Sadly I dont see a way forward for Cas the ground is an embarrassment on TV (They are the only club without an LED system) the stand looks like something from non league football 50 years ago.

All I can see is a lick of paint at best this isn't a dig but reality.

Looks fantastic on TV. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

12 Million in total. 

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Same as us, the planning gain from the development at Junction 32 will fund the development of the stadium. If Lateral are a more conscientious developer than Yorkcourt it won't be such a battle to get that money, but time will ultimately tell. The EA removing the objection is a step forward meaning planning will now be approved. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Looks fantastic on TV. 

Yes, if you like period dramas.

Visiting Castleford is like going to a 1970s theme village.

Chimney sweeps and women smoking pipes.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Damien said:

Yes they have. These planning issues were major obstacles and Cas have got past them.

is this a sort of  Cas pantomime....

On no they haven't.... oh yes they have....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Damien said:

Yes they have. These planning issues were major obstacles and Cas have got past them.

I'm mean they haven't achieved planning permission. They aren't even slated for a committee date yet.

It's a step in the right direction, but permission is the next measurable goal.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dboy said:

I'm mean they haven't achieved planning permission. They aren't even slated for a committee date yet.

It's a step in the right direction, but permission is the next measurable goal.

Well obviously there will be various milestones and things they need to do after this. That doesn't change the fact that getting this issue resolved was a huge step forward in terms of getting planning permission and moving onto the next stage.

• Like 3

I was going to say that Wakey fans going after Cas on this doesn't half feel like 2 bald men fighting over a comb.

But Wakey fans now are acting like a bald man who has come back from Turkey...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I was going to say that Wakey fans going after Cas on this doesn't half feel like 2 bald men fighting over a comb.

But Wakey fans now are acting like a bald man who has come back from Turkey...

The funny thing is it's the same couple of fans that have been so precious and aggressive on here over the years the moment Wakefield were criticised for their own stadium issues and setup.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I remember the first 2 Dragons away matches in Super League 2006 Salford at the willows followed by Castleford you should have seen the looks on the French directors faces.

Yes because French RL grounds in 2006 were so great.

• Like 1