York next up

Batley Bob

I'm not  usually a ref complainer but......York player had hands on White, who played the ball incorrectly because he couldn't stand up. 

Scrum 10m from York line minutes to go. Ball held by foot back of Batley pack.  So ball not in play. York player goes from back of his own pack and is 3m away when we touch the ball out of scrum.  Ref there, linesman watching. 

These " little errors" change games. I think Mr Griffiths was a bit biased.

Last 30 mins no penalties!!! That's very good by all the players.  In yer dreams Mr Griffiths. 

Watch it back you'll see it. 

Ps.  game image available from Bissa stall on Saturday

That for me is a rant🤣🤣

• Like 2

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Mr Griffiths bottled giving Batley a penalty when york broke the scrum, wrong end of 50/50 calls, great game to watch for the neutral, if the rest of the playoffs are going to be that intensity.. It will be a rugby league treat, not 1 penalty given in the last 30 minutes says it all 🤔

• Like 1

Bromley, Toffee etc, there were 2 far worse decisions which he DIDN'T give which cost far more than that, both of which would have been full penalties; scrum under their posts, we put the ball in, their back most forward broke immediately leaving only 5 forwards packed down whilst the ball was still in the scrum, penalty right under the posts. Then a play the ball 20 yards out, central position, their marker reaches round the side of the play the ball and prevents Blake at acting-half from picking up, again penalty. IMHO, AND for a change not ripping the lads to bits, I thought we were the better side on the whole and deserved the win.

7 hours ago, phildog said:

I thought we were the better side on the whole and deserved the win.

You clearly weren’t and didn’t. 

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Right, now that I have chance to calm down! Tough one to take last night. Yes we were under strength but overall a better team performance than recent weeks - the lads were certainly up for it. I'm not one for calling out refs, but my God did he make some blunders. Missed penalty offences, lack of awarding blatant 6 agains, imagined knock ons. Some certain game changing decisions which just didn't go our way. On top of that we had several unforced errors which didn't help, that gained York field position and ultimately points on the board. Although they too wasted clear scoring opportunities, with their pace out wide. Also, think we should have attempted the drop goals earlier in the second half. That said, we had a great start to the game with a very high completion rate which was pleasing, but alas couldn't keep it up.

• Like 1

Oh yes we were, Simon Hall! Sorry, not panto season yet but Mr. Griffiths made it into one in the 2nd half. Better side, yes; York were barely in the game first 30 minutes, second half we kept York under pressure by tackling tight in their half and stopped them, with all the big names available on the night, from creating 1 clear scoring chance in the second half. York massively got away with 3 blindingly obvious things, obstructing tacklers at their 2nd try, the much mentioned scrum break and interference at 2 play the balls, especially the one where York's marker reached behind the man playing the ball to interfere with the acting half from receiving the all. The scrum break was a nailed on penalty kick at goal.

• Like 2

And no one has mentioned the occasion when Batley forced the York player back over his own line under the posts. Penalty to York  but they never stopped moving and if he had called held, he called it incorrectly. My understanding is that as long as the players are still pushing the defender backwards and they continue moving backwards, the ref should not call held. Should have been a drop out not a penalty to York. Loved the look of bemusement on Wardy's face as the ref explained the decision to him.

• Like 1

I listened to the game on Radio York and they were of course gunning for the home side.  Nevertheless they tried to be fair, were clearly knowledgeable, and there were many compliments given to Batley and some sympathy for a number of decisions that went against us.  It did feel as if we were a little hard done by on the night.  In a one point game on a wet night there are bound to be ifs and buts.

Given York's recent form and ours I think that we can be pleased that the game was so close and perhaps take comfort in the fact that we took two points off York at MP when a patched up York side gave us a good game.  

• Like 3

Ref had a great game, some things go your way, some don't. I want to see the game flow which he let happen last night, and that's why York won as we had more flair than Batley. You tried to grind us down, it didn't work for the full 80 and we had too much out wide for you to deal with. 

You were the better team for the first half hour and the first 10 after half time but didn't capitalise on it, it's not down to the ref that, that's down to you not being good enough on the night.

• Like 4

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

27 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Decent game to watch , ref didn't have any influence on the result, both sides gave everything in difficult conditions, to be fair neither side are good enough to make the playoffs this season.

York are more than good enough now, form over the last 10 games and we're equal top. 

Imagine if we scrape into the play-offs, anything could happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

York are more than good enough now, form over the last 10 games and we're equal top. 

Imagine if we scrape into the play-offs, anything could happen.

You beat a side riddled with injuries that have only won 1 game out of the last 8, and by only 1 point. Both teams are where they are in the league due to performances and results over the season. Neither side would do any good in the playoffs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

You beat a side riddled with injuries that have only won 1 game out of the last 8, and by only 1 point. Both teams are where they are in the league due to performances and results over the season. Neither side would do any good in the playoffs.

York have had about 7 key players out for most games this season, still managed to win 9 out of the last 10. Shouldn't use injuries or referees as an excuse but you wouldn't have beaten us at Mount Pleasant if we'd had a half-back on the pitch.

Maybe that visit to Wembley to get beaten by Halifax in the Mickey Mouse Cup wasn't worth it in the end as it seems to have totally ruined your season.

15 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

York had players missing last night also, we've had anything from 5 to 12 players missing all season, we just got on with it and played young lads.

Edited by spanishknight

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Ref had a great game, some things go your way, some don't. I want to see the game flow which he let happen last night, and that's why York won as we had more flair than Batley. You tried to grind us down, it didn't work for the full 80 and we had too much out wide for you to deal with. 

You were the better team for the first half hour and the first 10 after half time but didn't capitalise on it, it's not down to the ref that, that's down to you not being good enough on the night.

So by doing nothing, referees therefore have a great game?!?!

People keep telling me, no ref, no game. By your definition, it would seem that is not true.

If he is the best the RFL can come up with, I think Id rather take my chances of not bothering with the clowns in the middle at all. He is appalling. I'd even go as far as saying he is even worse than the clown that gave you the win up at the mount in the mud bath last season, where we had 3 perfectly good tries disallowed, and Pauli Pauli committed two sending off offences yet stayed on the field, and picked up two suspensions at the disciplinary following the game.

I make no wonder you think he had a great game. If you have that kind of officiating every week, this time next year you'll be top of SL.

I'm absolutely sick of paying good money to see referees deciding more matches than the players do.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Haha 2

As I said to 3 York supporters on the way out that was a proper rugby score not these fancy blow out scores. The lady with them turned out to Dave Ripons wife.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bill H said:

I listened to the game on Radio York and they were of course gunning for the home side.  Nevertheless they tried to be fair, were clearly knowledgeable, and there were many compliments given to Batley and some sympathy for a number of decisions that went against us.  It did feel as if we were a little hard done by on the night.  In a one point game on a wet night there are bound to be ifs and buts.

Given York's recent form and ours I think that we can be pleased that the game was so close and perhaps take comfort in the fact that we took two points off York at MP when a patched up York side gave us a good game.  

Thanks Bill. I have to be complimentary about Batley or Sparky would have something to say 😉 No, seriously, we try to appreciate decent RL in general. Batley are a fabulous club. It was a belter of a game and there didn't deserve to be a loser. And, yes, I thought the Knights got the rub of the green with the decisions but, as you well know, it's swings and roundabouts.

I assume you lads need both us and Fax to slip up on Sunday now? Anything's possible.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Thanks Bill. I have to be complimentary about Batley or Sparky would have something to say 😉 No, seriously, we try to appreciate decent RL in general. Batley are a fabulous club. It was a belter of a game and there didn't deserve to be a loser. And, yes, I thought the Knights got the rub of the green with the decisions but, as you well know, it's swings and roundabouts.

I assume you lads need both us and Fax to slip up on Sunday now? Anything's possible.

We don't need york to slip up , we just have to win by 15 more than york   

IMG_0583.JPG

Nor Batley or York will make the playoffs, unless Halifax and London have complete fubar games and lose to 2 relegation scrapping clubs. 

York's run is a couple of games too late, and Batley have been running on empty for the last few weeks, funny how the 1895 cup is the biggest prize in sport in 2021,but then reverts to been a Mickey Mouse cup when you don't make the final... Bit patronising, getting to Wembley for our level of rugby is quite an achievement by any club, and shouldn't be rubbished, you get to Wembley you've got there because you've worked hard and earned the right🤔

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

York have had about 7 key players out for most games this season, still managed to win 9 out of the last 10. Shouldn't use injuries or referees as an excuse but you wouldn't have beaten us at Mount Pleasant if we'd had a half-back on the pitch.

Maybe that visit to Wembley to get beaten by Halifax in the Mickey Mouse Cup wasn't worth it in the end as it seems to have totally ruined your season.

Not using injuries or ref's as an excuse. We lost end of. Wembley had nothing to do with our dip in form, it happens at all clubs  york had a por first half of season where we had a good one then totally the reverse for both teams. In one breath you say not to blame injuries or ref's for losing , yet in the same breath your saying IF you had a half back on the pitch at our gaff you WOULD have won. Choose your words carefully sh.

• Like 1